It was Elmo's fault

nurkvinny

Tim, I hope you realize just about every topic of debate Thorne posts in, eludes to this type of attitude in some way.

I stopped reading everything he posts, long ago.

The reason I've had that Attitude is because of statements Mitt has made that make me feel that he has no clue of what the middle class goes through. :lolguy:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see two healthcare options:

1. Let those that feel everyone should have healthcare sign up and include the 30M less fortunate folks they want to cover and that will be joining our new version of Medicare called Obamacare in Oct 2013 and enjoy your system.
  2. The rest of us will keep what we have but do let us know how that works out for all you liberals. I'm sure your taxes won't go up at all. :rolleyes:

In the end everyone will be happy.

That Ray Elliot guy is a failboat. Good to see he has a solid excuse to blame for the layoffs. He lost like a billion before Obama care even came, was almost last with profits, and was still one of the highest paid people in business. The other people I dont know, but we had a nice long talk about this guy laughing all the way to the bank a few years ago.

We just raised the prices of ALL of our medical equipment / devices to pass on the increase of Obamacare's additional taxes on said equipment.

But nnnooooooo there aren't going to be any tax increases on the middle class if Obama is elected. He said so. :dumb:

One of my customer service reps just told me that Kroger has already announced the changes to their workers hours and schedules as her husband is a shift supervisor on their restocking night crew. Again, welcome to the new America where anyone can vote, even if you have no clue what the real issues are and impacts of your decisions will be.

We just raised the prices of ALL of our medical equipment / devices to pass on the increase of Obamacare's additional taxes on said equipment.

But nnnooooooo there aren't going to be any tax increases on the middle class if Obama is elected. He said so. :dumb:

One of my customer service reps just told me that Kroger has already announced the changes to their workers hours and schedules as her husband is a shift supervisor on their restocking night crew. Again, welcome to the new America where anyone can vote, even if you have no clue what the real issues are and impacts of your decisions will be.

Please, they would have done it anyway. If it wasn't because of Obamacare, it would have been because of the hurricane, or gas prices...price of eggs in Portugal.

Cuntbag companies will do whatever to keep cost down.

Please, they would have done it anyway. If it wasn't because of Obamacare, it would have been because of the hurricane, or gas prices...Cuntbag companies will do whatever to keep cost down.

100% not true. As a director, I was a part of the decision. There's now way we were going to absorb a 2.3% tax on GROSS SALES not profits mind you. No way. To put that in perspective if you average 25% margin on a $100 sales, you make $25. However the tax is 2.3% of $100. That's equiv. to a 9.2% tax on my profits. Think about the competitive nature of a lot of companies that don't make great margins on hardware. It could impact them big time. My lab in Columbus will sell about $24M in devices and now pay over $1/2M more to fund Obamacare next year. Nucking futs! We have over 260 labs around the US too and mine is by no means the largest.

So it's price increases, shifting of people to part time status, hiring of more temp-to-hires and increased automation and efficiencies so we can eliminate head count. Lastly, moving of production to China or Mexico.

Edited by TTQ B4U

If it makes you feel better..

My company is set to hire over 1000 people in the next 5 months.

My sisters company is hiring 300

My Moms company is hiring 500 temps for a project

The automotive company my neighbor works for is hiring so many people they asked him to check with everyone in his family because they are not getting enough applicants.

This is over 2000 jobs in my small circle of people. Its not all bad out there

100% not true. As a director, I was a part of the decision. There's now way we were going to absorb a 2.3% tax on GROSS SALES not profits mind you. No way. To put that in perspective if you average 25% margin on a $100 sales, you make $25. However the tax is 2.3% of $100. That's equiv. to a 9.2% tax on my profits. Think about the competitive nature of a lot of companies that don't make great margins on hardware. It could impact them big time. My lab in Columbus will sell about $24M in devices and now pay over $2M more to fund Obamacare next year. Nucking futs! We have over 260 labs around the US too and mine is by no means the largest.

See to me that doesn't sound bad at all!

2.3% tax? Really? I think of it this way. Invest 2.3% into your employees and they will invest more into the company (work and dedication) and the company will see more growth overall. I've seen companies piss away more than that in dumb shit that won't benefit them in the long run at all.

You mentioned somewhere that without a company there are no employees, but a company isn't a company without employees either.

Nice try

"Verizon also warned about the 40% tax on high-end health plans, though that won't take effect until 2018" This looks to me like plenty of time to prepare.

Still hiring 1000 people. Sorry Tim the worlds not ending.

See to me that doesn't sound bad at all!

2.3% tax? Really? I think of it this way. Invest 2.3% into your employees and they will invest more into the company (work and dedication) and the company will see more growth overall. I've seen companies piss away more than that in dumb shit that won't benefit them in the long run at all.

2.3% on gross sales is small. It's right off the profits.

Nice try

"Verizon also warned about the 40% tax on high-end health plans, though that won't take effect until 2018"

Still hiring 1000 people. Sorry Tim the worlds not ending.

Never said it was. 1000 workers is what .001% of their total workforce? What percentage of the 5 million people have lost their jobs is that?

100% not true. As a director, I was a part of the decision. There's now way we were going to absorb a 2.3% tax on GROSS SALES not profits mind you. No way. To put that in perspective if you average 25% margin on a $100 sales, you make $25. However the tax is 2.3% of $100. That's equiv. to a 9.2% tax on my profits. Think about the competitive nature of a lot of companies that don't make great margins on hardware. It could impact them big time. My lab in Columbus will sell about $24M in devices and now pay over $1/2M more to fund Obamacare next year. Nucking futs! We have over 260 labs around the US too and mine is by no means the largest.

So it's price increases, shifting of people to part time status, hiring of more temp-to-hires and increased automation and efficiencies so we can eliminate head count. Lastly, moving of production to China or Mexico.

Can you explain this new tax to me please. I don't think I understand it

Can you explain this new tax to me please. I don't think I understand it

It's an excise tax on medical devices based on gross sales of said devices. Part of the long list of ways Americans are going to pay for all this shit. There are more too but the effects won't be felt until the system is in place and cause more pain.

Think it's not so bad? Then think about all the small companies out there that pioneer research in new devices that are funded but typically don't turn profit for 2-3 years as a start up. They will be selling devices and paying taxes on gross sales while they can't even turn a profit. This is just one way Obamacare will stifle innovation. Research and development budgets will not likely be funded as they once were and likely cut all together.

You have to think big picture. If in my little circle I know of 2000 open positions, this means there are other open positions out there outside of my circle. My biggest issue with debating with you is you go to the extremes to prove points and are reluctant to see the positives as if its admitting defeat or something. If you spend all your time staring at the negative in an effort to prove a point you dont see the entire impact. Jobs are being created as jobs are being lost. People are adapting to change and moving on. People are planning for change to make the impact on themselves and work group manageable. You cant talk about all jobs lost without at least looking into the idea that maybe some jobs are being created or that maybe some people are just not as badly impacted by it. There has always been a circle, and if people look and try hard enough they can find an outlet. Obamacare is the new big reason. In 5 years it will be something else... and the cycle continues.

It's open enrollment season right? Sorry to all those who were about dump a money into their flex spending accounts or fund for simple things like braces for their kids. Avg braces costs are between $5k-7,500 according to my sister who works for an ortho. Last year there was no limit, Going Forward (Pun intended), Now you're limited to only putting in $2,500 into flex spending. Sorry, someone has to pay for those 30M lives......

How about those middle class families with special needs kids....sorry, you're tuition and funding is limited just the same. No sympathy for you and your kid. Courtesy of Obamacare.

http://static.thepeoplescube.com/images/Forward_Obama_Lenin_lemming.jpg

It's open enrollment season right? Sorry to all those who were about dump a money into their flex spending accounts or fund for simple things like braces for their kids. Avg braces costs are between $5k-7,500 according to my sister who works for an ortho. Last year there was no limit, Going Forward (Pun intended), Now you're limited to only putting in $2,500 into flex spending. Sorry, someone has to pay for those 30M lives......

How about those middle class families with special needs kids....sorry, you're tuition and funding is limited just the same. No sympathy for you and your kid. Courtesy of Obamacare.

http://static.thepeoplescube.com/images/Forward_Obama_Lenin_lemming.jpg

Dont get me wrong, Obamacare is stupid. Its a half ass attempt to mimic what they have overseas. I'm just planning on budgeting different.

You have to think big picture. If in my little circle I know of 2000 open positions, this means there are other open positions out there outside of my circle. My biggest issue with debating with you is you go to the extremes to prove points and are reluctant to see the positives as if its admitting defeat or something.

Just keeping it real. Never said the world was ending nor there weren't companies hiring and in good places. However, overall the market isn't reflective of the same and thus we're hardly moving forward.

If you spend all your time staring at the negative in an effort to prove a point you dont see the entire impact. Jobs are being created as jobs are being lost. People are adapting to change and moving on.

You're right and that's why why we are sitting at just about the same unemployment rate now as we were 4yrs ago. Even worse when you factor in all those working part time just to get by or as you note adapting to their new life. Not trying to stare at the negative, but the man just ran a campaign whereby there was nothing to point out and run on except FUD about the other guy. If there are all these positives, then why didn't he talk of them or does the market not reflect them?

There has always been a circle, and if people look and try hard enough they can find an outlet. Obamacare is the new big reason. In 5 years it will be something else... and the cycle continues.
Again, correct, the cycle of events is always going to exist but it's no secret America is in serious fucking trouble and in a position today that rivals if not is greater than the worst of days past.

You're right and that's why why we are sitting at just about the same unemployment rate now as we were 4yrs ago. Even worse when you factor in all those working part time just to get by or as you note adapting to their new life. Not trying to stare at the negative, but the man just ran a campaign whereby there was nothing to point out and run on except FUD about the other guy. If there are all these positives, then why didn't he talk of them or does the market not reflect them?

You answered my positive with a negative!!! I fear that you are going to frown so much over the next 4 years that you will have wrinkles and end up with english bulldog chin...

Dont get me wrong, Obamacare is stupid. Its a half ass attempt to mimic what they have overseas. I'm just planning on budgeting different.

As are all the companies in the article Jones linked us too....and my family is too. I'm essentially going to be giving Obamacare my 4% annual raise for 2013 and I'm pretty fucking mad about it and will be taking my money back from those benefiting from Obamacare in other ways.