It was Elmo's fault

nurkvinny

Its the perfect example of someone voting and they don't know why. Here's the thing as people become more educated as a whole people tend to lean towards liberalism.. Why because taking care of your own isn't a bad thing unless your the guy that's not going to get a 2 million dollar bonus next year.

Republicans better learn to fly a new flag or there done in the next 20 years because one of there heaviest voting bases is DIEING and there second heaviest voting base is also dieing(Religion). When those lose those people there fucked.

I think the ROMNEY! thing was sarcasm there, as all overweight lazy fucks at Walmart pretty clearly voted Obama so they could keep their scooter chairs and 'handicap' stickers (since McFat and laziness are clearly handicaps). And people are not becoming more educated as a whole, people as a whole are becoming more lazy. The working class is the minority. I don't have a breakdown, but I'd wager heavily that the educated and employed 'people as a whole' (let's say, those making $100k+) voted pretty solidly Republican.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the ROMNEY! thing was sarcasm there, as all overweight lazy fucks at Walmart pretty clearly voted Obama so they could keep their scooter chairs and 'handicap' stickers (since McFat and laziness are clearly handicaps). And people are not becoming more educated as a whole, people as a whole are becoming more lazy. The working class is the minority. I don't have a breakdown, but I'd wager heavily that the educated and employed 'people as a whole' (let's say, those making $100k+) voted pretty solidly Republican.

Unless they were women.

My view on some of the things mentioned has changed. By all appearances I am a fully functioning capable adult. Without knowing me you would be hard to see anything about me that warrants my having a handicapped sticker or using a mobility cart. I have to have faith that when I see someone using these things that there is a valid reason behind it. Prior to my needing them I would have been the first person to point out the fat guy who only needs it because hes fat. There could be reasons other than the obvious.

I'm not calling out folks like you. I completely realize there are legitimate invisible handicaps that absolutely warrant a front row spot; however, I'm sure everyone on this board knows at least one person who is totally abusing it. Obama '12, swagyolo #ebt.

@Nurkvinny the facts are the main reason I could never vote for romney. I don't trust him for a damn thing because he flips so much.

I would offer you read the book The SPEED of Trust and then honestly compare the 13 principles trust is built upon to both candidates. You'd be surprised. It will also become completely apparent why Obama is not able or more correctly worded, capable of leading congress to working together for him. He's a great orator and can rally people for a cause, but he's not a leader and possess little to any of the skills that are required to lead. You don't even have to believe the book, just look at the facts.

• Romney has done more things for others during the course of his life both personally and through financial means and yet spoke very little of those things. He's actually quite humble. He could have run his entire campaign putting people in front of us but didn't. Very few points were used.
  • With those his intent was pure. He makes shit ton of money but he also gives a shit ton to his beliefs too. You don't have to agree with his religion to respect the fact that he has donated a fair share and does so every year.
  • He has core capabilities. Obama has none of the real-world experience in business that Mitt has. His lack of competency is a key factor in why his own people (congress) don't respect or trust him.
  • Mitt has a track record of success. Again, pick all you want on his role in Bain and what their role was within the world they operated but at the end of the day, he has been 100x more successful than Obama and even Obama himself despises that fact. Delivering results is another key attribute Obama lacks.

I could go on but again read the book.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Republicans better learn to fly a new flag or there done in the next 20 years because one of there heaviest voting bases is DIEING and there second heaviest voting base is also dieing(Religion). When those lose those people there fucked.

You're correct in that the republicans are going to have to either move more middle, drop the heel-digging on less relevant (to our current situation) old school socially based issues and learn to lead through alternative means. ie.....the republican governors and congressional leaders will need to step up and lead. Christie in NJ is a good example.

In terms of being fucked, I would say it's the new upcoming voting base, including the young people better begin to sharpen up on the real issues and turn their bright lights on because many are living in the hear and now only and if at all perhaps the short term future. The best example is the world they are in today has $17T in debt and more coming that they will be paying for.

You're also right in that as they age, they will begin to realize all of this and before they know it they will be in their early 40's, still have a mortgage, a car payment or two and student loans all with a job that keeps them living paycheck to paycheck. Believe me there are shit-ton of people like that even right now and if that were me, I'd be fucking worried about what my life is going to look like in 15-20yrs. No need to worry about Social Security because if that's the case, they'll be working until they are very old just to survive. True Story.

Edited by TTQ B4U

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/president/exit-polls

54% to 44% for those making 100k+, that's a pretty massive difference. I admit, kinda surprised that a large majority of those polled with post-graduate education voted for Obama. Huge LOL at 90% of disillusion people who think the economy is good voting for Obama, I think that's really saying something.

I'm sure this is a fairly urban sample too.

[*] Mitt has a track record of success. Again, pick all you want on his role in Bain and what their role was within the world they operated but at the end of the day, he has been 100x more successful than Obama and even Obama himself despises that fact. Delivering results is another key attribute Obama lacks.

Businesses invested in...

Mitt at Bain: 22% failure rate

Obama via stimulus: 9% failure rate

You'd be wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-income_counties_in_the_United_States

1 Loudoun County Virginia - Obama 52%, Romney 47%

2 Fairfax County Virginia - Obama 59%, Romney 39%

3 Arlington County Virginia - Obama 69%, Romney 29%

4 Hunterdon County New Jersey - Obama 40%, Romney 59%

5 Howard County Maryland - Obama 60%, Romney 38%

6 Somerset County New Jersey - Obama 52%, Romney 47%

7 Prince William County Virginia - Obama 57%, Romney 42%

8 Fauquier County Virginia - Obama 39%, Romney 59%

9 Douglas County Colorado - Obama 36%, Romney 63%

10 Montgomery County Maryland - Obama 71%, Romney 27%

11 Charles County Maryland - Obama 65%, Romney 34%

12 Nassau County New York - Obama 53%, Romney 46%

13 Stafford County Virginia - Obama 45%, Romney 54%

14 Morris County New Jersey - Obama 44%, Romney 55%

15 Putnam County New York - Obama 44%, Romney 55%

16 Calvert County Maryland - Obama 45%, Romney 53%

17 Williamson County Tennessee - Obama 26%, Romney 73%

18 Delaware County Ohio - Obama 38%, Romney 61%

19 Santa Clara County California - Obama 70%, Romney 28%

20 York County Virginia - Obama 39% Romney 60%

Of the top 20 richest counties in the country, each took exactly half.

My surprise observations from this list:

California only has one county in the top 20

Tennessee is on the list

10 of the counties are in the general vicinity of Washington DC. Looks like government is big business. 7 of these went to Obama.

Wikipedia doesn't have a precise definition of a landslide victory, but looks like it's roughly a difference on 20 percentage points. Going off that, 10 counties were landslides, 5 for Obama and 5 for Romney.

Sounds like the smart rich people are pretty well evenly split. Some cases they seem to agree with the others in the geographical area, some cases they go opposite, and this goes for both sides.

Businesses invested in...

Mitt at Bain: 22% failure rate

Obama via stimulus: 9% failure rate

sure....and I wonder what Obama's personal role was in actually saving any business. none. in comparison his business acumen doesn't register on the same graph. see my previous post about the Delphi fuck up. he is a good speak and great check writer though. yep, that stimulus saved the country and really moved the needle on so many metrics. in fact I heard we're in a better place today than we were when he first took office. :dumb:

Sounds like the smart rich people are pretty well evenly split. Some cases they seem to agree with the others in the geographical area, some cases they go opposite, and this goes for both sides.

no need going into details, we all know why and how Obama won the election. 93% of blacks voted for him and I'm sure they weren't all under the same consensus that he has radically changed this country for the better. not under the metrics that actually show such a change for the better; namely because they don't. He was also able to capture 7/10 of the latino's. the majority of what's left were the unions that he supports and that suck the life out of the economy faster than the companies moving to china. he had a great "ground game" as they call it and he knew exactly how to get re-elected even with such a shitty performance. Man has those skills for sure. :no:

go figure that it wouldn't boil down to his actual accomplishments or lack there of. even he didn't run his campaign on those because they suck so bad and are basically not relevant to the situation we face is. one would think if you were good you'd actually show the results of your accomplishments or better yet, the population would recognize them. in the software world they call his shit vaperware.

this re-election is proof positive that the popular vote and majority of americans out there wielding the power of a vote are dumber than fucking rocks and the system of electing our officials is more fucked up than the economy. it's like watching someone drive on the highway with a flat tire.

it shouldn't surprise anyone here on forward that people do dumb shit. the next time you see a guy stick his girlfriends kid in a dryer at the cleaners and ask yourself WTF was he thinking......just remember, he likely voted for Obama. 'nuff said. and we really question why those with power and money manipulate the stock market and system where they can? Really? I'm not condoning it, but it's far better than letting Dumb and Dumber guide us.

IMO you should have to pass a basic intelligence test including questions related to the issues facing our country before you are allowed to vote so that as a whole we can insure the country doesn't continue to take steps backwards.

Oh well, Moving Forward...the political way of Saying Moving Downward.

Romney set out to fuck with women's rights, any married male with half a brain knows you don't go there. Women don't want to be told by some fucking religious nut based on what HE believes what women can and can't do with their bodies. And since there are more women in the country than men, well he had a pretty hard uphill climb with a foot in his mouth with at least 25-30% of the total population of the US done and decided on that remark alone. I spoke to several very wealthy women, and they said he scared the shit out of them and they would gladly pay extra tax than see Romney as a leader.

And if you are going to point out 93% of blacks voted for Obama and hint they only voted for him because he's black, there was 80% of white males voted Romney. Racism is alive and well in the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-income_counties_in_the_United_States

1 Loudoun County Virginia - Obama 52%, Romney 47%

2 Fairfax County Virginia - Obama 59%, Romney 39%

3 Arlington County Virginia - Obama 69%, Romney 29%

4 Hunterdon County New Jersey - Obama 40%, Romney 59%

5 Howard County Maryland - Obama 60%, Romney 38%

6 Somerset County New Jersey - Obama 52%, Romney 47%

7 Prince William County Virginia - Obama 57%, Romney 42%

8 Fauquier County Virginia - Obama 39%, Romney 59%

9 Douglas County Colorado - Obama 36%, Romney 63%

10 Montgomery County Maryland - Obama 71%, Romney 27%

11 Charles County Maryland - Obama 65%, Romney 34%

12 Nassau County New York - Obama 53%, Romney 46%

13 Stafford County Virginia - Obama 45%, Romney 54%

14 Morris County New Jersey - Obama 44%, Romney 55%

15 Putnam County New York - Obama 44%, Romney 55%

16 Calvert County Maryland - Obama 45%, Romney 53%

17 Williamson County Tennessee - Obama 26%, Romney 73%

18 Delaware County Ohio - Obama 38%, Romney 61%

19 Santa Clara County California - Obama 70%, Romney 28%

20 York County Virginia - Obama 39% Romney 60%

Of the top 20 richest counties in the country, each took exactly half.

My surprise observations from this list:

California only has one county in the top 20

Tennessee is on the list

10 of the counties are in the general vicinity of Washington DC. Looks like government is big business. 7 of these went to Obama.

Wikipedia doesn't have a precise definition of a landslide victory, but looks like it's roughly a difference on 20 percentage points. Going off that, 10 counties were landslides, 5 for Obama and 5 for Romney.

Delaware, Ohio?

How's about Palm beach , FL? Where are they getting these counties? Out of their asses.

Romney set out to fuck with women's rights, any married male with half a brain knows you don't go there. Women don't want to be told by some fucking religious nut based on what HE believes what women can and can't do with their bodies. And since there are more women in the country than men, well he had a pretty hard uphill climb with a foot in his mouth with at least 25-30% of the total population of the US done and decided on that remark alone. I spoke to several very wealthy women, and they said he scared the shit out of them and they would gladly pay extra tax than see Romney as a leader.

meh...the likelihood of him fucking with anything woman related was slim but I agree, the dumb ass put his foot in his mouth over issues he should have just STFU about. pic and choose as they say. the fact that he's been married for 43yrs to a high school sweetheart that he likely can discuss things like that with near zero rebut to said comments probably made him numb to it in regular America.

If I were him and someone asked me about my stance on abortion I'd asked them right back if that's something that they really feel America needs the POTUS to focus on in the next four years or would that perhaps be something that can wait to even be considered discussed? Dumb. If they want to push the issue and discuss it, I'd reserve an appointment for them once the budget is in check, the debt under control, people are working again, EBT Cards are not being handed out like chocolates and the country is generally back in decent shape. Those are perfect examples of how a group of people are focusing on the wrong fucking areas of concern. He shouldn't have encouraged that either.

And if you are going to point out 93% of blacks voted for Obama and hint they only voted for him because he's black, there was 80% of white males voted Romney. Racism is alive and well in the country.

Racism and reverse racism absolutely exists. The difference in this election though is I believe more blacks voted for his skin color vs whites who simply did the same for Romney. That's why I added the comment about the awareness of the actual issues. I've talked to enough people that have very little understanding of the issues or impacts of things overall that voted for Obama just because........Add in the white trash that likely see Obama as a meal ticket and the numbers were against him from the start. Again given that most people are living paycheck to paycheck, can't manage their own finances barely understand the fundamentals of economics and think the world owes them something and that they are entitled to most everything it's no surprise when put out in numbers the votes go in the opposite direction of what's best for the country. The masses couldn't fix their own life issues let alone make decisions for the masses.

We are getting what those that voted for him deserve. It's just sad everyone has to pay said price. 11 more months before the floodgates of the uninsured cause traffic jams waiting for free medical handouts. Hang on. I wonder if I can claim 30M dependents on my next tax filing? Perhaps the Blue States with the unions and Obama supporters should pay for those 30M....oh wait, I'll have to move south first......

To me it's disheartening to see people who voted with an opposing view be dismissed as stupid idiots. There are this types of voters on both sides. Elections are won and lost with the moderate votes, and Romney did a poor job in this area. He has changed his position so often on issues that people don't really know what he stands for. He's either seen as indecisive/easily swayed or just telling people what they want to hear in order to get elected. Neither one of those is good. In front of a very conservative crowed he would be outrageously conservative, in front of moderates he would 'tone down' his message. Additionaly, "trickle down" tax policy has been proven ineffective at job creation and only increases the gap between the middle and upper class. People who believe this is not a good idea would not be in favor of Romney's tax policy.

I think Bill Maher expressed the opposition's view the best: "When you elect Mitt, you're not just electing him. You're electing every right wing nut he's pandered toin the last ten years. If the Mittmobile does roll into Washington it will be towing behind it the whole anti-intellectual anti-science freak show. The abstinence obsessives, the flat-earthers, home schoolers, the holy warrier, the anti-women social neanderthals, the closed homosexuals, and every endtimer who sees the Virgin Mary in the grass over the septic tank."

Say what you want about the education levels of the people who voted for him, but Mitt won the entire middle of the US and a lot of the south, which are extremely rural and not known as cultural centers of the country. The problem is the extremists have taken control on the Republican party, moved it far from center, and alienated a large number of voters.

To me it's disheartening to see people who voted with an opposing view be dismissed as stupid idiots. There are this types of voters on both sides. Elections are won and lost with the moderate votes, and Romney did a poor job in this area. He has changed his position so often on issues that people don't really know what he stands for. He's either seen as indecisive/easily swayed or just telling people what they want to hear in order to get elected. Neither one of those is good. In front of a very conservative crowed he would be outrageously conservative, in front of moderates he would 'tone down' his message.

I'm sorry but those who feel Obama actually moved us forward or is on the right path are IMO delusional or misinformed. That's my opinion yours will vary. No stance is firmly black or white. One of the big problems with Obama is he feels HE has the answers and no one else matters thus why the gridlock exists. Add in lack of credibility or know how and of course not everyone is going to side with him. Bottom line is he's divided this country as much as he's divided congress. If the percentages are anywhere near gridlock or 50/50 the guy isn't doing his job right. Any leader in gridlock has failed. You have to tailor your presentation to the audience and know where flexibility is needed. Everyone has a stance but to go around with that stance in stone and now showing an understanding of your audience and not showing some willingness to change isn't IMO the best way to roll. He's damned either way, either heels dug in ridged or flip floppy.

Additionaly, "trickle down" tax policy has been proven ineffective at job creation and only increases the gap between the middle and upper class. People who believe this is not a good idea would not be in favor of Romney's tax policy.

Well we see what OWEBama's trickle up poverty is going for us. Can't wait to see it 2yrs from now.

I think Bill Maher expressed the opposition's view the best: "When you elect Mitt, you're not just electing him. You're electing every right wing nut he's pandered toin the last ten years. If the Mittmobile does roll into Washington it will be towing behind it the whole anti-intellectual anti-science freak show. The abstinence obsessives, the flat-earthers, home schoolers, the holy warrier, the anti-women social neanderthals, the closed homosexuals, and every endtimer who sees the Virgin Mary in the grass over the septic tank."

I like Bill Maher. He's a great comic and his shows are funny as hell. He really has a way of making the hard times seem funny.

The problem is the extremists have taken control on the Republican party, moved it far from center, and alienated a large number of voters.

You're right, the dems are a lot better sales people and know how to shuck and jive better than the republicans. They amassed the support of the unions and the poor and combined that's a lot of people. Especially in today's society. If the rest of us can't beat them and raise the bar, we're doomed to enjoy their level of living. Can't wait to work multiple part time jobs, live in the new middle class and pay my union fees and support those 30M people that make shit happen. :dumb: Welcome to the New America.

What are the chances we'll see Obama, Pelosi or Biden family's being covered through the exchanges?

Edited by TTQ B4U

You're right, the dems are a lot better sales people and know how to shuck and jive better than the republicans. They amassed the support of the unions and the poor and combined that's a lot of people. Especially in today's society. If the rest of us can't beat them and raise the bar, we're doomed to enjoy their level of living. Can't wait to work multiple part time jobs, live in the new middle class and pay my union fees and support those 30M people that make shit happen. :dumb: Welcome to the New America.

What are the chances we'll see Obama, Pelosi or Biden family's being covered through the exchanges?

I've tried to stay out of this clusterfuck but this hits close to home. You know why I voted Obama this time around? Because snide, derogatory comments like this come pouring down from the right as if that is the best way to swing a moderate voter. It's like you're trying to insult the average moderate into submission. Your first comment is right on, however, the dems are better salespeople. That's basically what a politician is. A salesperson for ideas on how to build a country. Here's the sales pitches I heard, in my opinion.

Dems: "Look at that guy. He says he's a moderate, but look at his primary campaign. He's right in line with the Hatches and Cantors and Boehners, the guys who refused to budge and have forced our budget to the brink of destruction in the interest of getting their guy elected. They're not looking out for you unless you're mega-rich. You're not mega rich? You're fucked. He's going to raise your taxes. Also, do you know any women or gays? Value their civil rights? Yeah, vote for us. Just look at this guy, he's a damn Mormon. He believes in aliens and crazy prophets. And pretty much all your jobs are going to go to China, since that's kinda how this guy made his fortune. Oh did we mention fortune? This guy is crazy rich. Like, take what you make a year, add 3 zeros to the end of it, then move the decimal point to the right one more zero. Yeah. But I'm sure he knows what it's like to have to dip in to your savings once in a while when times are tough."

Reps: "Look at that guy. He's a goddamn socialist. Can you name a single positive thing he's done in office? Oh, you're 25 and Obamacare is helping you? You must be one of those unemployed n****r liberals. Wait you have a job? And your job's healthcare is more expensive than what you could do on your parents plan? Shit. Well, what about the bailout. That really fucked you, right? You work for FIAT, a company that paid back the bailout loan with interest 6 years early? That's no way to run a business. Well fuck you, you're probably just a socialist foreigner like Obama. You must be that 47%. Oh you receive no government assistance whatsoever, pay your taxes, manage to live a comfortable life, save money, don't cost the community money through social services, and work for a small business? Well if you're not part of the 47%, not a registered Republican, and not an illegal, then WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU"

Hi, I'm Alex, and I'm a moderate voter, and one of those platforms REALLY bugged me. For context, I was pro-Bush in 2004 (despite not voting), pro-McCain until he hired Her Royal Slutness as his running mate.

I've tried to stay out of this clusterfuck but this hits close to home. You know why I voted Obama this time around? Because snide, derogatory comments like this come pouring down from the right as if that is the best way to swing a moderate voter.

I'm purposely amplifying the tone to make a point. I'm not trying to sway anyone. Facts don't lie and honestly if you see the facts as pointing towards everyone being better off that's fine. Anytime I see a group as divided on anything like we as a nation are though, I don't put that in a column called success. Last I checked 50% is a failing grade. If a supervisor on my manufacturing floor had a 50% rating from his employees in terms of being an effective leader, I'd replace him.

Your first comment is right on, however, the dems are better salespeople. That's basically what a politician is. A salesperson for ideas on how to build a country. Here's the sales pitches I heard, in my opinion.
A sales person is supposed to be able to help others overcome their own objections. I don't see either side doing a good job of this. A leader is supposed to be able to influence and lead others to make decisions. I don't see Obama doing that at all.

Dems: "Look at that guy. He says he's a moderate, but look at his primary campaign. He's right in line with the Hatches and Cantors and Boehners, the guys who refused to budge and have forced our budget to the brink of destruction in the interest of getting their guy elected.
and I see Romney as a guy who has proven he can work across the isle and able to lead others whereas Obama has proven he can dig his heels in and wants to go around like he's a king vs actually working with congress. He needs to take a page out of President Bill Clinton's play book circa 1995 when House Speaker Gingrich wouldn't compromise. Clinton was able to work with Gingritch (an asshole IMO) and that to me shows capability.

They're not looking out for you unless you're mega-rich. You're not mega rich? You're fucked. He's going to raise your taxes. Also, do you know any women or gays? Value their civil rights? Yeah, vote for us. Just look at this guy, he's a damn Mormon. He believes in aliens and crazy prophets. And pretty much all your jobs are going to go to China, since that's kinda how this guy made his fortune. Oh did we mention fortune? This guy is crazy rich. Like, take what you make a year, add 3 zeros to the end of it, then move the decimal point to the right one more zero. Yeah. But I'm sure he knows what it's like to have to dip in to your savings once in a while when times are tough."
Okay so using the same looking glass, Obama has pretty much said if you're mega rich and even in the upper middle class with a family income of $250k that he too is out to fuck people. Obama's also used the whole collective of social concerns to divert attention from the real issues. I could care less about Mormans or if gays marry and know damn well abortion isn't where we need to focus efforts in the coming years. Fuck all that "noise" and stick to the key issues and quit distracting the less than informed people who can't grasp the concepts of finances or economics yet jump on the social issues that they can more easily see. It's great salesmanship....focus on the "get me done" shoppers and "sell them"......don't look at the selling price, focus on the monthly payment....never mind what your interest rate is. Nevermind that Obama is also going to raise taxes....he's for the wellbeing and caring for everyone and that includes you :rolleyes:

Reps: "Look at that guy. He's a goddamn socialist. Can you name a single positive thing he's done in office? Oh, you're 25 and Obamacare is helping you? You must be one of those unemployed n****r liberals

Isn't it odd that Obama/Biden ran a campaign on the other guy more than their own damn accomplishments over the past 4yrs? I mean if you were interviewing for a promotion at work would you target your interview on why the other candidates aren't good or do you think perhaps the ones hiring you might want to see what you've actually done over the past 4yrs and are able to bring to this new position? WOW.

Wait you have a job? And your job's healthcare is more expensive than what you could do on your parents plan? Shit. Well, what about the bailout. That really fucked you, right?
Well Obama did promise he was going to bring down the cost of healthcare and bring us to a better place. Has he done that? Are we collectively making more than four years ago? How about food stamps and people living below the poverty line, has he improved those figures? I love that we are importing less gas from other countries, increased alternative energy research, etc.... but how has that actually helped us? We are all paying more for energy overall and thus more for goods at the store so last I checked I'm still waiting to see the impact of all that's good.

You work for FIAT, a company that paid back the bailout loan with interest 6 years early? That's no way to run a business. Well fuck you, you're probably just a socialist foreigner like Obama.
The way I see it is he bailed out a bunch of union workers who instead of working for one of our big three now work for a company that in the end takes their dollars back to a land thousands of miles away. I also see Jeeps that today are made in the US being sold to China yet talks are that they are going to require we make them over there in order to sell them over there. Yeah, that makes sense :confused: but hey.....we're not cutting production here, we just simply going to make the jeeps sold in China on their dirt not ours. I'm sure we'll be employing all Americans over there too. :dumb:

Hi, I'm Alex, and I'm a moderate voter, and one of those platforms REALLY bugged me.
Great, and I'm Tim, a moderate voter that was bugged by both platforms but made my decision based on facts and capabilities and on the fact that America today is far worse off than ever before and that our current leader has been less than capable of making any real difference in moving us forward. So much so that even his own sales pitch isn't about what he's done. I've never interviewed someone so not focused on their capabilities, skills and so unable to talk about how they've succeeded on my areas of concern in the past or been able to elaborate on how transferable skills will solve the problems we're looking to solve. I'm sorry Obama, but while you're a good looking guy and a great talker, you have FAILED to prove you're the right candidate. I wonder if he taught Biden how to flash a smile or if that was Biden that taught him? Hey, perhaps this go-round they will actually produce a budget and stick to it. You think?

Oh well, I guess all those interviewing him and have since elected him are right......

Edited by TTQ B4U

Obama's also used the whole collective of social concerns to divert attention from the real issues. I could care less about Mormans or if gays marry and know damn well abortion isn't where we need to focus efforts in the coming years. Fuck all that "noise"

To you this is just noise. To a lot of people --hard working, tax paying, voting Americans with friends and family who care a lot for them -- this is their civil rights, their LIVES.

Go to the gun-related areas of CR and look at all the posts of people concerned with their RIGHT to bear arms and how this election will effect them. Then consider that this election spent between 0 and 1 minutes collectively debating gun control.

Change "right to bear arms" with "right to marry who you want" or "right to make choices regarding your own body", then factor in the amount of rhetoric spewing from both sides and you can see that, while you may not care, a lot of moderate (and even some partisan) voters care on behalf of those people they care about. I can't trivialize the importance of the economy, but I can't imagine I'm the only one in this country who values fundamental rights before my take-home pay.