Would the faster cars of cr be interested in a seperate track rental?

Mattsv8

I'm only looking for yes or no. I don't want stupid people comming in to shit in the thread. A few members seam to be interested in this. I know of at least 20 10 sec plus cars that would go. Anyone here at least wana see what it would run. How much extra track prep is. There are some that can run mid 8s maybe low 8s. And a few I know looking to run 7s next season. I'm also changing a ton of things for next year. Ill try and keep count and names of who would enjoy a seperate track day. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here but just interested in the amount of people that want it.

I deff would like to see dans car run all out, anthony, brian,rays, marks, clone, buzz cause 10s on a bad track who knows with prep, prety much anythin 10s or quicker would.be awsome.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly it comes down to the amount of cars. In this case I'm looking for fast cars wanting a spring test session local. I know there are plenty of members here who love to race. But 70 cars = more down time. Usually a 8 sec 9 sec 10 sec car is built well enuf hopefully to not break or spill fluids. Wich is why most small rentals are faster cars.

We'll shawn is planning on hitting both stages if the track works. And daniel has 3 stages looking for 7s. Plus many other. I'm prety shure dan, clone his brother with the amc woul do it buzz wants to as well. Idlike to see mark and ray come. Its local I figure we could shoot for 30-40 fast rides.

Yes basic rule no street tires, radials are ok and hopefully 10.99 faster. Most 10 sec cars are drag cars hopefully this wll allow faster turn arround and a better track to race on. So far I have15 deff people on my own tht have came to various cr events. And 5 or 6 from here so far.

U mean drag radial awd or just a street tire? Its a group so id have to ask. Street tires kill a starting line quick but awd might be ok. If it leves hookin an not blowing the tires off.

AWD is typically ok. I need practice on street tires. But might have a good DR by then.

All it looks like you're doing is setting up another NTR track day and promising the world you'll get better prep. I can do that myself, all people had to do was ask.

If need be, I'll call Jim's cell personally and set something up like I have before. I guess the question is, how much prep is enough and is expected?

If it runs on drag radials yes its good. Yes ant I'm setting up another track day. But for cars that don't have street tires. And yes we are paying for more prep. I'm up to almost 40 people now. Most are not cr members but racers from all over ohio. Plus hoping to keep it small 40 maybe a 50 car max.

I vote for 40 cars max if its going to only be a 4 hour block. And there really needs to be better tech than the guy who is in the wheelchair at trails who really cant even look for leaks.

When I was there he rolled to the drivers side of my car checked the belts and asked what kind of helmet I had...thats it. He did not even look at anything else.