Help price my audi

dtbeedy

Im looking to sell my 2000 audi a6 quattro 2.7t 6mt 167xxxxmi

100% stock but im not sure where my price point should be.

Exterior is around 8/10 - no rust, 1 small dent, few scratches, fogged headlights

Interior around 7/10 - leather seats have some tears and the center console has has a big rip in it. the display screen on the dash has some pixilation.

Mechanical - has an almost brand new clutch. new battery, newer tires.

the bad- has a coolant leak and a bit of hesitation during wot.

not sure where to price it at craigslist pricing is all over the place and im terrible at this

thanks,

Derick

blue book is excellent - 5,390 to fair - 4,140 just seems steep

I haven't really had any servicing done except for some little things i have done myself. Around 6 months ago when i took it to get the clutch done, the mechanic took a look at everything and didn't say anything was looked to be terribly wrong, he just said there was a slight coolant leak at the back of the engine, cant remember where he said it was.

Edited by dtbeedy
adding more information

blue book is excellent - 5,390 to fair - 4,140 just seems steep

it is....that car is below fair condition, especially given the issues. Jason nailed it. I wouldn't expect more than $2,500. I'd put it up for $3,200 just to give you room to negotiate with knuckleheads.

Would it be worth getting the issues fixed then trying to resell it? i dont really want to drop alot more money into it and get nothing back.

How hard of a sell does anyone think it will be?

If you could fix the coolent leak on the cheap do that. Don't worry about the rest. Let them test drive it and don't say shit. People make the mistake of talking too much when selling stuff.

Not being a dick, but it is what it is. 160k+ on the odo of a 12yr old turbo sedan.

the market is flooded with 2.7t a6's for some reason right now and most high mileage with some records but most have none.

I know if I was in the market for a 2.7t with high miles the first thing for me to be slightly interested would be a major service records and would want to see documentation that the turbos have been done at least once in its life. I love those cars but have seen way too many 2.7's dropped on the table at the dealer for turbo replacement or someone spending 4 hours to replace an oxygen sensor.

The coolant leak is likely the crossover pipe that runs between the two head in the back of the engine. I know because my 2.8L Passat has the same problem. 2000 fully loaded Passat GLX V6 and carmax would only give me $1,700 for it.

I'vE got 150k miles and thinking about pulling the intake manifold to do the coolant pipe and rear cam seals...clean out the manifold...hopefully fix my WOT hesitation as well!

The coolant leak is likely the crossover pipe that runs between the two head in the back of the engine. I know because my 2.8L Passat has the same problem. 2000 fully loaded Passat GLX V6 and carmax would only give me $1,700 for it.

I'vE got 150k miles and thinking about pulling the intake manifold to do the coolant pipe and rear cam seals...clean out the manifold...hopefully fix my WOT hesitation as well!

I'll bet it's the Aux coolant pump....:gabe:

It could be the either or even both of the things said above. I have my aux pump still that didn't show any problems when I took it out. I put on the 034 molded pipe in delete that. ;) I can take pics of that cross over pipe talked about above tomorrow if you want. It could even be the coolant sensors in that cross over pipe too. I really wouldn't mind having that car either. New plugs and maybe new coil packs could really wake it up. Coil packs aren't cheap, but new plugs might help a lot.

Is a 6sp in this model somewhat rare? I know there are a ton of autos out there but could you advertise the 6sp as a unique quality that is not found everyday.

A quick search on autotrader revealed there were 20 cars for sale nationally that were manual a6's btw model years '99 to '01.

Highest Price:$10,999

Lowest Price:$3,998

Average Price:$7,168

We sold one that had 250,000 on it for $5,500, but didn't have anything wrong with it at all. Our techs didn't even ask to do anything to the car. It was owned by a aircraft mechanic that did everything when it needed it. I so wanted that car.

I almost bought one a month ago for 2500. Mechanically it drove and nothing appeared wrong with the car, it was a 2000 model Quattro, only issues were it was missing part of a door panel, shift boot, the screen on the gauge cluster was pixelated and the hood and trunk were fading paint wise, and headlights were gross. It had 169k miles on it. He sold it to someone else about two days after I looked at it so honestly they aren't staying on the market very long even with that many miles and stuff wrong with it.