Official 2012-2013 Basketball Thread

bicranium

• 1 month later...

Have to say I am surprised with how OSU finished the regular season/conference tourney. They had the drubbing in Champaign early in the B1G season, some sloppy wins, nearly letting Michigan get back into the game in Columbus, then later in the season not really showing up for the home game against Indiana then getting killed up in Madison. That really seemed to wake them up though. Haven't lost since that game.

Amazing draw for the big dance too. #2 seed in Gonzaga's (the weakest 1 seed) region. Definitely some possible tricky games early on (Notre Dame in the 2nd game, New Mexico in the Sweet 16) but it's the best draw they've had that I can remember. When they were the #1 overall seed a couple years ago they got absolutely destroyed on the draw (UNC, Syracuse and UK were the 2-4 seeds in their region). Now they get a 2 seed in the weakest 1 seed's region and the first weekend of games less than an hour from home. Lots of people picking OSU for the final four now. I can see it but there's been a lot of good things already happen to end this season so I'll take whatever happens and be happy.