GO OHIO DEMS!!!

nurkvinny

Ohio Democrats introduce bill to effectively kill concealed carry in Ohio

Two Ohio Democrat State Representatives, Bill Patmon and Ted Celeste, are co-sponsoring a bill "to generally prohibit a person from having a firearm on privately owned land or premises unless the person owns, controls, or resides on or in the land or premises, has permission of the owner or person who controls the land or premises and, if the land or premises is rental property, of the tenant when required, or is the tenant with respect to those premises." The bill specifies that it "applies to any person, including a concealed handgun licensee."

News from our friends at BFA.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8558

Just get over it! Obama won... we must now redistribute our firearms to those less fortunate to use against us. :lol:

Obama winning was unfortunate and a sign of the ignorance of the voting population, but that thankfully has nothing to do with Democrats trying shit like this.

See, I often read (and hear first hand) leftists, liberals, Dems say shit like "urmahGod! They're gonna take our guns!!!". They throw that in our faces as if we're paranoid for thinking that way.

And then, what do you know? Democrats try to do just that. This is no isolated incident. It really is widespread. We have it pretty easy and smooth sailing right now in Ohio as far as gun rights and CCW... but don't think for a second there aren't those trying their damndest to reverse the gains made.

The best reply I have read so far:

You know, the funny thing about this bill is that it totally turns the concept of private property regulation on its head.

* When you drive into a parking lot it's assumed that you can operate your licensed motor vehicle and park anywhere you want so long as you abide by any prohibitory signs or markings.

* When you come up to a store, you may let yourself in assuming you are within the stated hours.

* When there's a door labeled "restroom", you don't ask for permission to use it unless there's a prohibitory sign on it like "Employees Only"

* When entering an establishment you're perfectly free to keep your sunglasses on unless there's a prohibitory sign or an employee asks that you remove them (e.g. at the bank).

* You don't need a merchant's permission to take items off the shelf and put them in a cart unless there's a sign or barrier prohibiting you from doing so.

Absolutely stupid.

BTW - This was posted 10/1. I haven't heard any updates on it though

Probably died in commitee and isn't going anywhere. Republicans have the house in the State Ohio. Don't these retards have better things to do other than making up stupid Gun laws that doesn't make sense? Like trying to create jobs in ohio or fix the education system?

Probably died in commitee and isn't going anywhere. Republicans have the house in the State Ohio. Don't these retards have better things to do other than making up stupid Gun laws that doesn't make sense? Like trying to create jobs in ohio or fix the education system?

No, because both parties are there to cram their agenda down the throats of the masses, not fix the issues at hand.

Why worry about the big bloody mess of nearly cut off leg when you can just put a Hello Kitty band-aid on a scrape and keep getting re-elected?

Are you sure you aren't being a bit paranoid? Maybe reading into it a bit? The way I read it is you aren't allowed to come on my property with a concealed firearm without my express permission. And that's just from the version you posted. Of course, I'm listing a specific incident but the gist is the same.

Gotta side with Vince here, these are the kinds of bills that get the pro-gun community in a hissy, and for all the "paranoid gun-owner" talk you hear from the left, they sure do come at it hard enough. If this includes businesses, which is the way I'm interpreting it, this would effectively kill legal concealed carry in the state.

It's a hundred times easier to just put a sign on the door/window than to have every CHL holder personally ask your permission, it's a waste of time for everyone involved. These folks need removed from office.