"There's a noise coming from the front"

EssFo

Woman brought a car over to the shop saying the front end was making a noise.

:dumb:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/VW/null-2.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/VW/null.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/VW/null-1.jpg

what do you tell someone at that point? time to buy a new car?

Sad part is most people don't listen when you tell them that, I'm willing to bet that woman has been told she needs a new car before now. So many idiots drive down the road in similar cars everyday, and is why even though I'd have to fix some things on my cars (emissions not safety) I'd be in full support of state safety inspections.

Sad part is most people don't listen when you tell them that, I'm willing to bet that woman has been told she needs a new car before now. So many idiots drive down the road in similar cars everyday, and is why even though I'd have to fix some things on my cars (emissions not safety) I'd be in full support of state safety inspections.

so you want to have to pass emissions test?

Have you folks ever lived in an area that requires safety, emissions test, or reconstruction permits(for modified cars)?

I get the point that you want more junk off the road, but it's not as if Ohio has a higher accident rate then other states due to no safety check. If those are passed then you can forget driving a modified car on the street without having to worry bout tickets even though you are going the speed limit and driving safely. They will be abused so police can randomly harass people only because there car appears to be 1" lower than stock.

No surprise here... I bet the car has rusted out floor-pans and everything behind the gas door is rotted away as well.

That's the most common place for rust to claim those MK3s. Basically why I'll never buy a MK3 that ISN'T from the south.

Pshhhh. That would probably have passed the stupid emissions testing before it snapped...

We literally had to either sell my wife's old Corolla or drive it back up to Cleveland from SC for emissions.... We sold that bish. Mine is registered in Columbus and thus no testing.... And now I dont have to pay the outrageous property taxes on it if I were to register it down here! yay!