Ford Ranger No Heat?

TurboNova

Ok whats everyones take on this problem. Buddy of mine has an 03 Ford Ranger 4.0 4x4, has ice cold heat.

He replaced the T Stat and the heat does not work. So he takes it to someplace called docs automotive and dude tells him the heater core is plugged, quoted him around 1500 to do it. You have to pull the dash and heater box. I look at it and at first glance the one hose going into the box is kind of cold and the other is fairly warm/hot so I look at the heater control valve and it is open so I agree heater core it shit

I replace the heat core, vacuum fill the radiator and make sure the coolant is full. Drive the truck and no heat. Check the lines to the core and on is still 70-80* and other is maybe 125*. No heat, look online and I guess some trucks have problems with waterpump impellar rotting so we go ahead and replace it with no fix....

Temp gauge stays in middle while driving....just no heat. lower radiator hose stays fairly cold and upper gets to maybe 145-150

suggestions of thoughts.

I watched the motor turn physically however the door itself in the box Im not sure. My bigger concern is the temperatures or lack there of entering and exiting the core. Its not warm or hot so without that the door means nothing.

I did read about the door issues in the past and it seems the actuator was the problem and his I removed and looked at it physcially and watched move no problems.

no heat what so ever, I just replaced the core yesterday. The valve Im not sure of however it opens and closes by vacuum and I verified that and I measured the temp going into and leaving that valve to be the same so there must be flow. its certainly strange.

If the blend door actuator goes bad it will still move, just not far enough. I had the same issue in my Mark VIII. You can't tell by looking at it. If you can reach in there somehow and physically move the blend door ALL the way shut, see if heat comes out then.

It really does sound like there is air in the system still. You could try to purge any air that might be in the lines by loosening the clamps just a tiny bit. Just enough to let some coolant leak out. If you need to also you can slide a pick under the hose with the clamp loose. Of course this has to be done with the engine warmed up so you gotta be carefull. Not that you most likely didn't know all of this. Hope you get it fingered out.