Corvette's and Porche's

Tindall2006

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering some of the fastest drag racing DSMs in the country are automatic, yes you do need to explain why it's dumb... I will wait.

+1

I have owned both auto and 5spd dsm's. 5spd is slightly more fun of a driving experience, but then there is the flip side. The autos are stronger and shift faster. My current 1G is auto, and I am running 30psi on an FP3065 right now and beat the snot out of this thing and still haven't had a trans issue. BTW, the trans is completely stock as well as the torque converter.

My buddy down here is also running 28-30psi on a big turbo, he is 5spd, and has been through more transmissions than I can remember, not stock ones either, built transmissions. It's always something between breaking teeth off gears, exploding clutches, etc.

I will take my slightly less "engaged" driving experience if it means it's more reliable and I win races.

+1

I have owned both auto and 5spd dsm's. 5spd is slightly more fun of a driving experience, but then there is the flip side. The autos are stronger and shift faster. My current 1G is auto, and I am running 30psi on an FP3065 right now and beat the snot out of this thing and still haven't had a trans issue. BTW, the trans is completely stock as well as the torque converter.

My buddy down here is also running 28-30psi on a big turbo, he is 5spd, and has been through more transmissions than I can remember, not stock ones either, built transmissions. It's always something between breaking teeth off gears, exploding clutches, etc.

I will take my slightly less "engaged" driving experience if it means it's more reliable and I win races.

How many people with 5speed dsm's really know how to drive them? How many pound on them really too hard? AS in redlind slipping the foot off the clutch dumps?

That is the biggest AutoVS 5 speed DSM debate I have heard on dsmtuners. People just can't fucking drive or are just overly hard on them.

I was an e3 with a h/c c6 with built drivetrain, 02 f150 xlt,87 supra,06 ninja 636, 07 ktm 250,96 yz 125, and a nice house.. A lot of shit for a 23yold making it on his own.. It all depends how well you can maintain your cash and how many times you deployed and etc.. Granite it took me about 4 years and I sold the bikes to mod the car but it can be done!

Only problem is none of those toys are worth anything. :p Again, if you actually had ALL of that at the same time on E3 pay then you had another job on the side. And when it takes you 4-YEARS to do, it's not much fun when you are gone for more than half of that time... ;)

Dude... I'm a cw2 with 8 years and flight pay...

I live on a little less then about half of my income, and have been putting the other larger half in the bank...

My other ride is a HH60M... about the most advanced helicopter the military has to offer.

And?....

The catch 22 is I am a reservest... I have been basically on orders the past three years though. I will probably be gainfully employed for the next few months till deployment so they money with TDY will keep coming.

After deployment I need to finish out my degree, going for nurse practitioner or PA... So I am saving back for that. Though with other military benefits I should be alright. So the question is... do I keep socking money into my savings account, so buy myself a little toy to have during college... Both sides of me are SCREAMING to do the other!

Maybe a cheaper, equally as fun toy as a Z?

...What is your plan when you are no longer active?

If you can pay cash with plenty still in savings, do it. Otherwise, keep saving, finish your school and then you can buy almost any toy you want... :thumbup:

If you can pay cash with plenty still in savings, do it. Otherwise, keep saving, finish your school and then you can buy almost any toy you want... :thumbup:

best advice so far. I know way too many enlisted folks that bought all sorts of stupid shit when active and were dead broke with a year of getting out.

I wouldn't consider flipping cars a side job... I did routine car maintenance (brakes,tune ups, oil changes) on multiple guys vehicles in my company, also rented 2 spare bed rooms out to good friends of mine since my wife stayed home with her mom.. I probity made 3-4times more than your average single e3 a month.. You have goals work towards them. Cw2 active pay is insane. I seen a lot of dudes go broke after service but it's all how you manage your cash.. If you don't utilize your gi benifits and other veteran benifits then that's on you.. Go to school, enjoy your paid schooling while reciving 1,500$ a month just to be a full time student.. Collect unemployment (or get a job) as well so you can focus more on schooling.. And later on your va disability checks will start raining in (depending how bad you was injured while in service useally 300- upwards of 2,200$ month) if your a combat vet then you'll recive 5 years of free medical care..

Only problem is none of those toys are worth anything. :p Again, if you actually had ALL of that at the same time on E3 pay then you had another job on the side. And when it takes you 4-YEARS to do, it's not much fun when you are gone for more than half of that time... ;)

And?....

...What is your plan when you are no longer active?

In the five months starting january I already have febuary and march filled up with schools i need to attend, I have several reserve days to make up, a long with AFTP's (since I am a pilot) I also might be sent to warrant officer advanced course and a 29 day AT... plus after all that shit I am deploying! haha...

Any of these names ring a bell? Dellavechia, Hurt, Keeney, Duhl, Hersey?

Not at all man, where you a flight student or something? There is about 2000 flight students there at any given time. Ft rucker is a real whore's delight!

If you "miss" your dsm and 20k is your budget why not look into evo's and sti's?

Thought about it, but don't they all run into the same weak transmission trouble after 400hp?

How about a V8 DSM?

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/Conquest/1aej0.jpg

What is that? A Starion? AWD?

In the five months starting january I already have febuary and march filled up with schools i need to attend, I have several reserve days to make up, a long with AFTP's (since I am a pilot) I also might be sent to warrant officer advanced course and a 29 day AT... plus after all that shit I am deploying! haha...

Think further down the road, years instead of months. Sounds like you are going to be so busy you won't have much time to enjoy it. Just keep putting the cash away and get something better when you return from deployment... Pay cash and do your thing when the time is right and setup for life after the military... ;)

Think further down the road, years instead of months. Sounds like you are going to be so busy you won't have much time to enjoy it. Just keep putting the cash away and get something better when you return from deployment... Pay cash and do your thing when the time is right and setup for life after the military... ;)

You have a bike? Are you doing the track day in Houston this weekend?

• 2 weeks later...