Corvette's and Porche's

Tindall2006

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To each their own, Corvette's are neat in their own way. Nothing like driving an old air cooled 911 in my book. Although 90% of people interested in a C5/6 probably do not have an interest in the driveability of older Porsche's.

Maintenance is only as hard as you make it.

To each their own, Corvette's are neat in their own way. Nothing like driving an old air cooled 911 in my book. Although 90% of people interested in a C5/6 probably do not have an interest in the driveability of older Porsche's.

Maintenance is only as hard as you make it.

My man!!

This one is for you

http://www.reelhouse.org/mos/urbanoutlaw

I will say this... If I buy a c5... it will get a twin turbo kit. that is set in stone!

Sure, I could go faster and look cooler in a vette... but when you smoke a vette in a dsm the owner won't even look in your direction at the next stoplight.

I will say this... If I buy a c5... it will get a twin turbo kit. that is set in stone!

Sure, I could go faster and look cooler in a vette... but when you smoke a vette in a dsm the owner won't even look in your direction at the next stoplight.

A twin turbo vette is one hell of a ride :) a head turner for sure

I was an e3 with a h/c c6 with built drivetrain, 02 f150 xlt,87 supra,06 ninja 636, 07 ktm 250,96 yz 125, and a nice house.. A lot of shit for a 23yold making it on his own.. It all depends how well you can maintain your cash and how many times you deployed and etc.. Granite it took me about 4 years and I sold the bikes to mod the car but it can be done!

I wouldn't buy either....

...and depending on your rank if you are military, you won't be able to afford to do what you really want IMO and just end up selling it. So the cheaper the entry price, probably the better...

Dude... I'm a cw2 with 8 years and flight pay...

I live on a little less then about half of my income, and have been putting the other larger half in the bank...

My other ride is a HH60M... about the most advanced helicopter the military has to offer.

Officers be banking.. The military pay is very nice with all the benefits.. Being a helio pilot is the sickest job in the Military!! I'm surprised he's not looking for a c6z..

The catch 22 is I am a reservest... I have been basically on orders the past three years though. I will probably be gainfully employed for the next few months till deployment so they money with TDY will keep coming.

After deployment I need to finish out my degree, going for nurse practitioner or PA... So I am saving back for that. Though with other military benefits I should be alright. So the question is... do I keep socking money into my savings account, so buy myself a little toy to have during college... Both sides of me are SCREAMING to do the other!

Maybe a cheaper, equally as fun toy as a Z?

The catch 22 is I am a reservest... I have been basically on orders the past three years though. I will probably be gainfully employed for the next few months till deployment so they money with TDY will keep coming.

After deployment I need to finish out my degree, going for nurse practitioner or PA... So I am saving back for that. Though with other military benefits I should be alright. So the question is... do I keep socking money into my savings account, so buy myself a little toy to have during college... Both sides of me are SCREAMING to do the other!

Maybe a cheaper, equally as fun toy as a Z?

Keep saving money get through school and purchase a c6z?

Shaun are you married? Cw2 on deployment making flight,hazard,interment danger, Married b&h, and seperation pay like 7.5-8.7k a month tax free! Should be able to purchase a 2010+ c6z easy. When I got deployed to afghan in 09 I came back with 23k$ (married E3 and no bills) after about a 7 month tour. You army cats chill over there for a year and you should come back with 3-4 times what I made

YOU SUNOFA!

Wait, seriously about Shep?

My Stage3 Shep tranny was indestructible.

Non Stop 6k clutch dumps for 55k miles....

How's project LSX Hyundai coming?

All projects have been cancelled at least for now. I recently got full custody of my 6yr. old daughter and I just cant spend project money on myself when the money could be spent on her instead.

Ya maybe I just had a cursed tranny or something. I paid him three different times to build a tranny for the same car and everytime id goto his house to pick it up, it would grind instantly before I even got back to the freeway. Id call him and take it right back and he'd call me a week or so later and say it was fixed and guess what, it still continued to grind everytime I picked it up from him. He tried everything possible out of my pocket of course. Pedal assembly, master, slave, lines, fluid, clutch, flywheel, shift rod, etc, etc, etc, etc,. It just never was right and it probably pushed me to dump the car finally. Oh well you live and you learn I guess.

All projects have been cancelled at least for now. I recently got full custody of my 6yr. old daughter and I just cant spend project money on myself when the money could be spent on her instead.

Ya maybe I just had a cursed tranny or something. I paid him three different times to build a tranny for the same car and everytime id goto his house to pick it up, it would grind instantly before I even got back to the freeway. Id call him and take it right back and he'd call me a week or so later and say it was fixed and guess what, it still continued to grind everytime I picked it up from him. He tried everything possible out of my pocket of course. Pedal assembly, master, slave, lines, fluid, clutch, flywheel, shift rod, etc, etc, etc, etc,. It just never was right and it probably pushed me to dump the car finally. Oh well you live and you learn I guess.

Should have gone auto ;)

Shaun are you married? Cw2 on deployment making flight,hazard,interment danger, Married b&h, and seperation pay like 7.5-8.7k a month tax free! Should be able to purchase a 2010+ c6z easy. When I got deployed to afghan in 09 I came back with 23k$ (married E3 and no bills) after about a 7 month tour. You army cats chill over there for a year and you should come back with 3-4 times what I made

Hell no I am not married so I will get to keep my money!

I would probably not spend that much on a car. And coming home I would probably keep the same budget for a car. I need most my money to accomplish other goals with, having a fun car is just a small one!

My man!!

This one is for you

http://www.reelhouse.org/mos/urbanoutlaw

Didn't even have to click. I was all over that video. The preview for it came out about 6 months ago on autoblog and the other month it popped up finally full length. Got the goose bumps a little bit. Fantastic video for sure.

Leno went to his garage and did a piece on him as well. Really interesting guy.