Door dings

Mojoe

You tag the car parked with your door. Do you even bother to look to see if you did damage? Do you care even if you did ding the other car? Do you just look at you car door and that's all you care about?

It sucks. It's a careless accedent.

I'm tired of getting small damage to me cars that I feel I do well to take care of. Just to have random road debri like part of a tire kicked up from cars ahead of me hitting it, and now door dings.

Just leave a note on my car. Own what you did. Hell I might just say get me lunch and we are good. But don't just jack my shit up and walk away.

Anyone ever catch someone that damaged their car

I still remember when I was like 6-7 my grandpa and I went to a store and he just ran in real quick and left me in the car. I didn't notice how close he had parked to the car next to us OR that its owner was still in it. I go to open my door and go in after my grandpa had taken a while and just slam my door right into this guy's car as he's sitting there with his window open. He just looked at me like the little shit I was and said "Thanks a lot."

So I haven't caught anyone who ever damaged my car but have been caught damaging someone else's.

Drives me crazy just thinking about that. People wonder why I typically only drive my cars to work (where it sits in a fenced in private lot next to the Corvettes) and CR meets where I know others care enough not to hit it. I drive my beat ass truck to the store if I can't get my wife to go.

There is something to be said for owning a big POS that I don't care about, but I'm still very mindfull of others who may have parked near me. I have never dinged someone's door and my daughter was taught at a very young age to be mindfull of the door and dragging her feet across the sill getting in or out. Drives me nuts to see the kids who are never taught any respect.

I drive a $400 car. I could give a shit less if someone wants to damage their vehicle hitting mine.

I went to kroger a few weeks back on a super windy day. As i was walking in a dude in a white civic opened up his drivers side door and the wind caught it. Slammed it into the silver SUV next to his. For a brief moment it looked as if he was contemplating life's greatest mysteries. Dude got back in his car and parked somewhere else. He left a massive dent. I wanted to leave a note on the victims car but i had nothing to write on.

Had someone hit my camaro with there door the other day while i was out, theres like 5-6 fucking scratches that are all white and pretty bold, some up to like 3 inches long. (Keep in mind this is on the body right where it makes the passenger door, the rear of the door by the handle)

People fucking piss me off. If i would of noticed it when i got to my car, and if there would of still been a white car next to mine, i would of booted the fuck out of there car and made theres look horrible. Like MoJoe said above, own up to what you did and at least leave a fucking note with a number to get ahold of you on to get what you fucked up fixed properly.

I always take care getting in/out my car but when I come out and see some crooked faggot parking job 6 inches away from me, I make it a point to slam my door into theirs.

I completely agree with you here Brian. I hate dickheads that do that shit, and there has been times i can remember smashing peoples cars w/ doors due to them parking to close/hitting my car with theres. Shit when i had my old supra i didnt give a shit, but if i noticed more scratches when i got to my car, you better believe yours will have a lot more than mine.

I know this isnt the right way to handle this but fuck it, they didnt take time to look at my car / leave a note or anything , you reap what you sow.

I have been inside of one of my cars when it has happened. The lady looked at me and walked away. Of course I had a few choice words to use.

Also someone has left a note on my car with their contact info. I was driving a beater 99 Accord and it wasn't in good shape.. I couldn't even tell another dent was left ha! I never bothered to call them obviously

A funny note to add.. I will park my Lotus pretty far away to hopefully avoid dings, but people have to walk up to it. Every time I leave it somewhere and come out there will be hand prints all over the windows and yesterday I noticed a perfect nose print HA HA

If the guy that parked 6" from you managed not to hit your shit, you're now the childish asshole.

Just a thought.

When they park all up on my driver's door, fuck them.

This is the only pic I could find about the retardation at my work but it happens often. That, and people pulling aaaaall the way into their spot and then 2ft into the one in front of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Ricochet16/faggotparking.jpg

I always take care getting in/out my car but when I come out and see some crooked faggot parking job 6 inches away from me, I make it a point to slam my door into theirs.

If the guy that parked 6" from you managed not to hit your shit, you're now the childish asshole.

Just a thought.

I've come out of stores plenty of times to see people thats parked their cars inches from my drivers door. I can honestly say i've punched off at least 2 mirrors off of peoples cars that parked too close. I park way in the back when I have a nice car so if you go out of your way to be a phaggot and park that close to me then sorry bout your luck

If you wanna park your suv that close to me forcefed then be prepared for a watermelon size dent in your door.

I park in the back of lots, the walk in is good for me and the family. No dings as I usually never see a car around. I also park in a lot that has parallel parking at work, which doesn't allow dings, but some fucktard backed into the front of my car. Can't win all the time.

The dent in my door woul be small compare to dent I'd stomp in ones ass.

I understand all your guys pain, as I am the guy who NEVER parks close to a store. Even in my company work van, I walk the entire lot, and that's quite taxing on a fat filthy out of shape slob as myself, but I've gotten used to it. Almost everything I've owned since I could drive has been nice and worth the walk. I won't even go to places where I feel I can't park it safely....even my beaters.

And Brian....that's a messed up picture, that person had to get out the passenger side, what an idiot. Lol.

Park in normal spot, get shocked when dings happen.

Have no evidence of a ding, but car too close, damage said close car.

CR lol

Park way the fuck out there, in a curb spot, get as close as possible to curb. Itll shrink your chances of dings exponentially.

Park in normal spot, get shocked when dings happen.

Have no evidence of a ding, but car too close, damage said close car.

CR lol

Park way the fuck out there, in a curb spot, get as close as possible to curb. Itll shrink your chances of dings exponentially.

Wow...someone that gets it.

In other words,quit being fucking lazy if you have a car you like.

If you wanna park your suv that close to me forcefed then be prepared for a watermelon size dent in your door.

Hahaha winning!

I park in the back of lots, the walk in is good for me and the family. No dings as I usually never see a car around. I also park in a lot that has parallel parking at work, which doesn't allow dings, but some fucktard backed into the front of my car. Can't win all the time.

Yeah I've got bad luck. In the srt someone backed into my hood and took

off. Not even a week later someone put a 8 inch door ding in my drivers side door.

Both times no notes...ASSHOLES

Loved driving beaters so I did t care but made sure to swing my door open for the tools too close to me where I have to shimmy on out.

I park at the back of my lot at work. That is where the GOV cars have to park, and if you have one, you park back there to swap out rides. That said, these are other service members here.

All the; you parked too close, parked in the spaces near the front, parked by a handicap spot, and your ride you have is too friggen big so screw you, I get all that. I go as far as to trying not to park next to two door cars, because the doors have a longer reach. Or mini vans that could have kids jumping off my car to get back in their van. I'm mindful of all these things.

It's not that I drive anything high end. I just try to care for it best I can. And to have someone not give a damn about damaging someone elses preperty is frustrating. Just saying.

Seems to me, many can relate.

I parked my old rx7 on the street once, the neighbors across the street backed into the car. My wife asked them about it one night when I was at work and they denied it, but when I looked at my car, then at theirs, you could clearly see our cars traded paint. I honestly would not have cared if they came over or left a note saying they hit the car (the fender needed replaced anyways because of the previous owner), I would have appreciated the honesty and told them not to worry about it. I'm glad they got evicted though.

Years back I was sitting in my car parked at Kroger waiting on my wife to run in for a few things when the lady next to me banged her car into mine. I rolled down my window was like WTF :mad: Thankfully it was a company car but still.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Ricochet16/faggotparking.jpg

And Brian....that's a messed up picture, that person had to get out the passenger side, what an idiot. Lol.

My guess is in the above pic that Brian pulled in after the other car.

I've always tried to treat parking lots like showrooms; minimize the amount of trash flying around, make sure there's no fucking shopping carts nearby, and treat every other car like it's new.

I also try to have a friendly attitude about my own car. It's junk. It will never be what it was yesterday. It will only increase in mileage, decrease in value, and I will never get out what I put into it. That said, it's reliable conveyance and it keeps me safe. At the end of the day, it's a fancy pile of metal and plastic that is 100% replacable, and not unique.