Cant make up my mind on a vehicle.

Johny Utah

Needs to be 10000 or less. I would like something somewhat fun to drive. Needs to be an auto, reliable, pretty good gas millage. I will have my sons car seat in the back also. I really like the 05-08 Grandprix GXP but im not sure. Maybe like a 05 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Edited by Johny Utah

I really like the 05-08 Grandprix GXP but im not sure. Maybe like a 05 Chevy Colorado 4X4

GXP are NOT what you want. Owned one. 14mpg in the city, tranny will fail, water pumps will fail, etc.....trust me. Loved mine but ditched it at 16k miles and watched 50+ members on clubgp learn their lessons the hard way.

Face it if you want mpg and reliability steer clear of the sub-$10K GM crap (for a DD).... Then it comes down to hunting for something "fun"....

The TL may be...you'd have to drive one and see for yourself!...not sure if they're under 10 yet.

It's almost one of those "pick 2 of the 3" situations. Maybe "pick 2 of the 4" if we factor in price! Of course that is why you made the thread, for ideas

Why bother with a TL if you can get an Accord for less. I've driven both and the interiors are the exact same and they drive the same. TL does look better, not sure if it has more power but buying an Acura, Infiniti, Lexus is such a fucking rip.

Stock 6 speed F bodies get 22-28 MPGs, I'd say they're pretty fun. But with your sons car seat in the back may be tough. I like Acura TLs....

I daily mine with 2 car seats in the back. one of them is for my 4 month old thats still in the carrier. Although it is not ideal I make it work everyday.

A Colorado as you mentioned in your first post would be a big dissapointment. Older W-bodys make great DDs with a little TLC and a 3.8 preferably supercharged. I would not own a V8 W-body, they are too hard to work on not to mention a weak ass tranny.

A Colorado as you mentioned in your first post would be a big dissapointment. Older W-bodys make great DDs with a little TLC and a 3.8 preferably supercharged. I would not own a V8 W-body, they are too hard to work on not to mention a weak ass tranny.

+1

'97+ Grand Prix GTP or Regal GS. Great cars, I've owned three. Loved them as a daily despite them being FWD and automatic

Buy an 03 Grand Prix GTP (last year for the good body style). If you can find one with lower miles, buy it, drive it, love it. Have had 3 that made it to 150,000+ miles. Only issues I ever had was wheel bearings, intake gasket leaks, tie rods and tranny solenoids. Nothing major and nothing that I didn't expect at 100,000 miles. If you don't mind the interior, you might be able to find an 04-05 GTP or a 06-08 GT (they all have the 3.8 supercharged). With a few easy mods, you can have a really fun daily driver.

i'd find a 5 speed is300. should set ya back between 5k-8k at the top end. spend the rest of the money on either suspension and wheels or start funding a turbo kit.

Yeah, I love those IS300's but overall they are a little overpriced for what you're getting.