ok computer nerds I want your. 02

Buckeye1647545503

I love the idea of a dual boot Mac but unsure if the budget will permit

Dual boot is the absolute shit.

Personally I would buy an older mac, then do repairs (as needed) yourself. I've equipped the family with older refurbed Macs, with proper maintenance (fresh thermal grease, smc fan control override) they last forever.

I would never buy one (macbook) new.

And Windows 8 is crap..like seriously

We run Laticraps at the enterprise level...the newers are fragile. They don't last long in a .mil / .gov setting.

.mil / .gov setting = high processor load/run-time = high heat. If you would install a simple fan control program to overide the default settings they (most likely) wouldn't fail. Oh wait, you probably can't install such a program since all pc fan control programs are 3rd party/aftermarket.

Dual boot is the absolute shit.

Personally I would buy an older mac, then do repairs (as needed) yourself. I've equipped the family with older refurbed Macs, with proper maintenance (fresh thermal grease, smc fan control override) they last forever.

I would never buy one (macbook) new.

And Windows 8 is crap..like seriously

This is all spot on

They are all junk honestly. Its hard to find a good quality laptop anymore. We've been down the Dell road and we closed our account with them. Dell is shit. We get our PC's from Systemax now. Parent company is Infotel. They own tigerdirect and some other stuff as well. The systemax laptops are pretty nice. We used to love them because they were local. The PC's were manufactured in fletcher, oh. However they just closed that plant so were not sure whats up yet with getting new product. But A LOT of the local school systems and gov't offices were using them.

Basically my point is don't get a dell. Look into the Asus laptops. I've been running Sony's for my last 2 laptops, they are okay but not worth the $$. My company also buys my laptops so no cost out of my pocket. The MAC is also a good idea if you can afford it.

Honestly, you get something that you can afford, that's my honest opinion.

Now if you want something that will be reliable, I agree with a lot of other people saying get a MacBook Pro. I have a couple of them and you can install an application called VMware Fusion so you can run both OSX and Windows at the same time. There's other applications that do the same thing but Fusion is the best product.

So I went to see what was avail at apple (and pricing) Question. What is better the Ami hard drive or the new flash drive ? The apple geek is saying the new flasch is better and will take abuse and last longer but it also sounded like it was part of the board and if I had a issue I was fucked. Oh and they don't make a 15in air with a I7 unless I buy remain (might do that)

So I went to see what was avail at apple (and pricing) Question. What is better the Ami hard drive or the new flash drive ? The apple geek is saying the new flasch is better and will take abuse and last longer but it also sounded like it was part of the board and if I had a issue I was fucked. Oh and they don't make a 15in air with a I7 unless I buy remain (might do that)

You might want to stay away from the AIR's, from the brief research i've done they don't seem to like dual-booting (also I dont think they have any usb ports).

As far as HD's are concerned if your talking about the Solid-State drives, absolutely go for it, the increased speed they provide your puter is worth every penny.

You might want to stay away from the AIR's, from the brief research i've done they don't seem to like dual-booting (also I dont think they have any usb ports).

Misinformation. I have had 2 MacBookAirs since, 2008, both dual boot fine and have a USB port.

Hell I run Fusion and run XP right on top of OSX on them too.