car painting

The_buster

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cut you a break the first time. If you're trying to troll, you're on your own.

I was wondering how much it costs and where is a good place to get it done? Thinking about painting the maxima next year. Would like to paint it bright orange or a mt dew yellow.

Not being a troll. Car could use a paint job and I was wondering how much a good one costs. I've heard not to go to maaco. And those are the colors I like. I've had whit cars and three black ones now, hust wanted something different. Does the color make a difference in price? I could stick with black I guess but the original paint has green metallic like flecks in it.

The color shouldn't reflect in the price too much, but it depends on if you have metal flake, or if its single stage paint or not, ect... I'm sure it would be easier to buy the paint you want yourself then just have someone spray it for you. Also, I know some places let you mask the car yourself (i.e. mask off the car then trailer it to the shop to have it painted) to save some money too.

Not being a troll. Car could use a paint job and I was wondering how much a good one costs. I've heard not to go to maaco. And those are the colors I like. I've had whit cars and three black ones now, hust wanted something different. Does the color make a difference in price? I could stick with black I guess but the original paint has green metallic like flecks in it.

I'm a fan of Candy Paint, but it may cost more....You should look into it though.

The color shouldn't reflect in the price too much, but it depends on if you have metal flake, or if its single stage paint or not, ect... I'm sure it would be easier to buy the paint you want yourself then just have someone spray it for you. Also, I know some places let you mask the car yourself (i.e. mask off the car then trailer it to the shop to have it painted) to save some money too.

I give u one thing, u always try to stay on topic when all hell is breaking loose.

So many things to post and so little time. I'm conflicted if I even want to take you seriously because the things you post are not popular on CR.

There are a ton of variables that go into a decent paint job to do it yourself, quality of tools is big so no matter how good you are a harbor freight gun isn't going to get good results, also prep plays a huge role so you should do some research on what a good paint job takes to do.

Otherwise you'd better keep your flame suit on considering the colors, bodykit, and gimmik supercharger shit you keep posting. In other words if you ain't the pimp who can handle all the haters just stop now.