Wedding Venues

ullBsorry1647545533

So I popped the question Fri night and she said yes so now its time to find a place. She doesnt like anything here around Dayton and shes found a few places in Columbus she likes...Grand Oaks, Station 67 (i think thats the name) and something else.

Any places that anyone recommend? Not trying to do anything big...going to have about 75-100 people....

My friend got married earlier this year at The Vault downtown. Neat little place off E. Gay Street.

VaultBanquets.com

The place is so damn dark (from a photographers viewpoint) but its definitely unique. My other qualm is.. Where do your guests park?

We got married in The Makoy Center in Hilliard. It was nice, and worked for us!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I really like the Makoy Center and Grand Oaks. Grand Oaks has a pretty nice gazebo for outdoor weddings.

If I had more details about the wedding I can help more. Things like date, doing your own catering, or hiring it done, etc. Weddings can be nice from any budget point, they just take imagination and people to bring it all together, or just a check book. Either way I got lots of hook ups.

The place is so damn dark (from a photographers viewpoint) but its definitely unique. My other qualm is.. Where do your guests park?

I always hate when people turn up the lights trying to help me. If I had my way I'd shoot in the dark with nothing but the DJ lights and what I bring. I like to catch the event as it happened and I love DJ's with lasers, strobes, and fog machines. They make for some fun photos for me at a time when I've been there all day and would be starting to run out of steam.

We had our reception at the Crowne Plaza downtown. It was great because we had about 60% of our guests coming from out of town and had a good rate with a block of rooms, this cut down a town on the change of people drinking and driving since we had an open bar. They have a couple nice rooms for a reception and a huge bar downstairs in the lobby for people staying in the hotel.

I has my reception at the anthenaeum in the large theater. It wasn't cheap but everyone I know said it was the best wedding they been to. Keep in mind the most people only remember is the food, booze, and DJ/Band.

And it's ridiculously expensive .. And gorgeous.. :drool:

I do side work for a catering company and have been to about a dozen weddings in the past year. I was surprised by how nice North Bank Pavilion was, and it had a great backdrop, depending on the size of your wedding weather could be a concern. The one i worked there was nice though.

There's a place just south of Cbus called White Star Farms, its not too bad and cheap but might be a bit small for what you want and it definitely has a "rustic" feel to it, so not for everyone. There's a popular place out in Pickerington that i cant remember the name of, its big and set back in the woods so fairly nice but from what i remember they are expensive and they personally I think they over charge the customer's for what they offer.

My brother got married in a small church in london then had their reception in the Greek Orthodox Church and it was really nice. Though i think if you want to have your ceremony there you might have to be a member of the church. Either way the main cathedral was beautiful.

If your on a budget there are ways to cut down drastically on what you spend and alcohol is one of them, if you can provide your own alcohol and just pay a bartender that's usually cheaper but make sure your operating under a legal liqueur license, sometimes that's an issue. I know with the company I work for you can purchase the services of a bartender and just supply your own and its ALOT cheaper then other companies. Always get an itemized bill from your venue to see exactly what they're charging you. The place in Pickerington charged the customer for cleaning afterwards, then charged the caterer's the same charge plus the catering company had to pay to use the place and so did the customer. I thought that was a bit much and thats the reason why some caterer's wont use some venues and vice versa so be sure to make sure they're all able to work together.

just my .02 , Good luck.

Look into http://parks.columbus.gov/NorthBankPavilion.aspx

north bank pavilion has a beautiful back drop and the price is pretty good.

+1

Got married here myself and it's a fantastic venue. Just be sure to research how their lottery system works for reservations.

We had ours a Pinnacle in Grove City. Perfect for an outdoor wedding. More $$$ than most in the area though.

EDIT: just saw your people count. Probably a venue more suited for 200 or so... Plus there are food and drink mins.

North Bank Pavillion sounds awesome IMO. Great downtown feel and youll get some great pictures around there!

First thing first! Come up with a budget!!!! It is a must.. .:)

Then I can give you some advice on venues, florists, cake person, photographer, etc. We are currently at the end stages of planning ours.

We are having ours ceremony First Church on Broad and the reception at Walter Commons in St. Charles.

http://www.columbusbrideandgroom.com/the-wedding-experience-welcome

Something that you might want to consider attending. We did, it was pretty fun and it gave us a ton of ideas for ours.

Edited by 1fastSTI

Budget wise....looks liek most places shes lookin at are $4-5k range but includes tables, chairs, linens, decorations, etc ,etc...Her mom is givin us $10k since that is how much they shelled out for her sisters wedding...plus other family members donations here and there but she doesnt wanna blow it all. Main thing shes lookin for is a venue...she wants to have the wedding and reception at the same place...shes narrowed the dresses down to two different ones and wants a cupcake cake which she has called about from a place she loves and has got prices....

She really likes Grand Oaks and is waiting on a call from them today...guess they arent open on Mondays

Yeah and as stated, the bar and DJ make the party. If one or both of those sucks, game over. Nobody cared about our amazing cake, or shitty photographer lol

It's been over a year and-a-half and we still get compliments and "remember this or that from your wedding".

10k wedding for 75 to 100 people, it's doable but you gotta put some work into it. You can get your Photographer from CR. :) Trish has amazing prices compared to the photographer my fiancee decided to book.

Our budget started at 10k, we ended up spending a lot more when it was all said any done. I would recommend mass appeal catering. A used them and they were great, food was awesome! To keep it under 10k you are going to have to do a lot yourself. Good luck!

Getting married at Tall Timbers in Reynoldsburg a month from tomorrow. They have been great to work with, its a large venue needing a minimum of 150 to book. A fire place was a big thing for us a we are getting married in jan. They also have a huge marble dance floor.