Fastest way to get a passport?

DTM Brian

Brian, this link might be helpful:

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html

I got my passport by going to a post office and applying there. I remember them saying that it would take like 45 days for me to receive my passport, but then I received it in like two weeks.

Edit: Also, like Schmuckies said, you can get your passport photo taken at a CVS. It's a relatively painless process.

Mine was also about 2 weeks for a renewal using the routine service, rather than the 4-6 weeks quoted.

You can pay extra for the expedited service, but given the quick turn-around time people have been experiencing I would not bother unless you absolutely need the certainty of a fast turn-around.

The post office on McCorkle in Westerville will take you picture for free when you have all of your docs. Here's some others: https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocatorAction.action

We needed a Birth Certificate (not a copy), Driver's License and I think one other thing last summer but I can't think of it

You can pay extra for the expedited service, but given the quick turn-around time people have been experiencing I would not bother unless you absolutely need the certainty of a fast turn-around.

They said the same thing to me. I had a wedding in the Bahamas to attend and two months after applying I still didn't have my passport. I had to get bounced around customer support and basically talk to the president of passports to get my shit super expedited and pay even more than the usual extra amount. It arrived in the mail 2 days before my plane left.

When going to the post office now they have set times for passports or you make an appointment since they are broke and short staffed. I had to get mine super fast when I had to go to manila. I needed it in under a month got in in a week and a half. Overnighted it there and back

When going to the post office now they have set times for passports or you make an appointment since they are broke and short staffed. I had to get mine super fast when I had to go to manila. I needed it in under a month got in in a week and a half. Overnighted it there and back

+1 on calling ahead and making an appointment. We had to go back because they didn't have anyone staffed when we first went in.

yup make an appt and bring photos from cvs. You can fill the form out online and print it first to take with you. Bring two checks or if not you will need to buy money orders from the post office. Pay for expedited and wait 2-3 weeks. If you go to the state dept website it tells you what the current turn around time is for passports.