Instagram says it now has the right to sell your photos!

SpaceGhost

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57559710-38/instagram-says-it-now-has-the-right-to-sell-your-photos/?tag=mobile_social

I've never downloaded the fucking program, I've always had the opinion that it was dumb to take a pic and use an app to make your pic look like it was taken from a really shitty camera.

To avoid this your account must be deleted before Jan 16th

Heads up hipsters.

Why does this really matter? I'm not taking pictures of my junk or anything.

so basically Instagram will be selling pictures of dogs and food. It's social media people. There is nothing private about social media. It was invented to be shared.

Wrong. You own the copyright to any original work done by you, including photography.

There will most likely be some sort of mandatory update of which will have a box that you have to check stating you give permission for them to share. If you don't check the box they will most likely delete your account.

Wrong. You own the copyright to any original work done by you, including photography.

Based on a filter/editor they provide? It may be the picture that I took, but they provide the way to edit it and post it on a social media site.

I'm sorry, I'm just not worried about this. They can have all the pictures of my dog for all I care. I didn't start the account to make money off my photos. There may be a problem if your a pro photographer and they sell your photos to a magazine, sure. But to 99.99999999% of us, it doesn't make a difference and shouldn't.

Based on a filter/editor they provide? It may be the picture that I took, but they provide the way to edit it and post it on a social media site.

I'm sorry, I'm just not worried about this. They can have all the pictures of my dog for all I care. I didn't start the account to make money off my photos. There may be a problem if your a pro photographer and they sell your photos to a magazine, sure. But to 99.99999999% of us, it doesn't make a difference and shouldn't.

So one of your photos gets sold and used in an ad that blows up big. You are ok with not getting paid?

So one of your photos gets sold and used in an ad that blows up big. You are ok with not getting paid?

Ill deal with that issue if it ever comes up. I guarantee ill get money out of it. But I have a better chance at winning the powerball than some massive company making tons of money off the pictures of my bulldog. I understand what your saying though.

Funny story about stealing pictures. I just found out my sister in law is the Erghmergerd girl. The picture was posted online somehow and went viral, she hasn't collected a penny because she doesn't care and doesn't want to be known as that girl haha.

Ill deal with that issue if it ever comes up. I guarantee ill get money out of it. But I have a better chance at winning the powerball than some massive company making tons of money off the pictures of my bulldog. I understand what your saying though.

Funny story about stealing pictures. I just found out my sister in law is the Erghmergerd girl. The picture was posted online somehow and went viral, she hasn't collected a penny because she doesn't care and doesn't want to be known as that girl haha.

Not if you click here stating you have read the new terms of service and agree to forfeit all your pictures.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/ermahgerd-memes-origins_n_1724396.html

^^Your sister in law is this girl in the pic?

Someone develop an app that automatically puts watermarks in every pic and video you take on your smartphone...PROFIT and have CR bash you for protecting your property.

Fixed.

So long as the gov't doesn't come for your AR15 all is good but hey, let's just anyone around steal our photos.

Like others have mentioned, just pull a Tim and watermark the shit out of everything

nice siggy there man ;)

Bullshit.

I didn't ask you to believe me lol just stating facts as I know them. I've seen her and I've seen the original picture. It was taken in a friends basement in Portland Oregon where they are from. Like I said she was about 13 at the time. Goosebumps was her favorite books and her friends all went out to get them at a store, dressing up for fun as well.