Ok I believe there is going to be another Assault Weapons ban now.

SpaceGhost

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just beaing realistic here, But isn't a hand gun way better for personal protection?

depends on the environment you're in. IMO in a car or out on the streets, yes. in my home, if all I had was one, it would be my 12 gauge. However, if I'm on my first floor and someone begins kicking in my door, they will be getting shot with a glock 19 until they are horizontal and no longer a threat.

Does anyone know of a place that has lowers in stock? I don't have one and I want to buy one tomorrow. I think I would prefer the LMT or a colt but I guess I will take what I can get for now. My knowledge is limited on these. My experience with them is limited to my military career and my m4. Any lowers to stay away from?

Does anyone know of a place that has lowers in stock? I don't have one and I want to buy one tomorrow. I think I would prefer the LMT or a colt but I guess I will take what I can get for now. My knowledge is limited on these. My experience with them is limited to my military career and my m4. Any lowers to stay away from?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/318113_AR_Lower_Receiver_FAQ__56k_beware__MMS__CMT__LAR__LMT_compared___.html

old article but it will get you started.

Buy a couple ak's instead. Ammo is cheaper, reliabilty is better, and the round carries a bit more punch. Everybody will complain about accuracy but, thats only when compairing full auto ak's to m16 and AR variants. What Ive found with american made stamped or milled semi auto recievers is that the tolerances are a bit tighter therefore they shoot a bit more accurately Ive shot friends ak's that have been on point regardless of range/ maintenance.

Buy a couple ak's instead. Ammo is cheaper, reliabilty is better, and the round carries a bit more punch. Everybody will complain about accuracy but, thats only when compairing full auto ak's to m16 and AR variants. What Ive found with american made stamped or milled semi auto recievers is that the tolerances are a bit tighter therefore they shoot a bit more accurately Ive shot friends ak's that have been on point regardless of range/ maintenance.

links to good ak's?

and what about ak74's?

Went to Blackwing with a friend to pick up some stuff. The place looked like black friday, 5 or 6 people filling out purchasing forms, another 20 in the rifle room. They said they are out of AR mag's, all AR's and the last AK was getting sold as I was talking to a friend who worked there. Shits hilarious, Im just waiting for the flood of AR's back into the market when this passes by. Pending legislation of course.

There are still some out there! I was told that yesterday Vances was completely out of all AR everything. Today at 3 pm a truck was delivered. through out the day most of that delivery was sold out. I got one of the last Colts. If they aren't sold out tonight of all AR's they will be by lunch tomorrow.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk251/XChris1632X/Guns/IMAG0721.jpg

I wish I could even begin to explain my experience tonight there. I must have seen 300 people in and out of those doors tonight. When I walked in the door I was the 93rd person in line. My best purchase of the night was by far the SOG Tactical Tomahawk! Lol, my son loved it and he was a trooper with me there tonight so I had to get it for him. I bought the Rock River lower just because. It was the second to last one that they had left and if shit goes south I'll have another. If things rebound, I'll give it to my brother to start a build. I did luck out on the last two mags that they had.

I feel so guilty as a gun lover that I never bought one of these before. It was always my ignorance that I never needed put it on the priority list because they were always available. It definatly feels good to finally have one. I can't wait to start added parts. Don't poke fun at the junk Tru Glow, it is only to have something on there until I decide on a good one.

399 for 820 limit 1. Not the best price for sure but they are there. Only about 10 more left when I checked out tonight. I don't know how much will be around. Half the store was standing around the AR section. The guy that helped me said that they would be there until after 11pm due to the amount of people still in the store when they closed the front doors at 8pm. I got there at 6 and left at 830. Prob a 100 people still in there easily. I guess they haven't left before 10pm in a week.