Action 6 news: Town hall

BBQdDude

I don't know how they could possibly have that information. Perhaps it's the majority of people who responded to the poll, while watching CNN.

Yup, I'm really interested to see what the big polling centers come out with. If Fox news taught us anything during the election it's that polling on a website is obviously skewed towards who visits that website. I'm sure if we took a poll here it would generally look further right than society as a whole.

Another interesting point someone talking about polling on NPR had is that obviously there will be at least a bump for more gun control/assault weapons bans right now. But the real question in whether this might result in more gun control as a result of public opinion is that bump long term or not?

Yup, I'm really interested to see what the big polling centers come out with. If Fox news taught us anything during the election it's that polling on a website is obviously skewed towards who visits that website. I'm sure if we took a poll here it would generally look further right than society as a whole.

Another interesting point someone talking about polling on NPR had is that obviously there will be at least a bump for more gun control/assault weapons bans right now. But the real question in whether this might result in more gun control as a result of public opinion is that bump long term or not?

Yea, I realize there is an obvious bias depending on where the poll is placed. I guess I just generally thought of ABC as being a left-swinging organization and expected the poll to reflect that.

I also agree with you that there is also a (most likely short-term) shift towards more gun control as a result of this event. My hopes are that the politicians drag their feet on the issue long enough for most folks to lose interest in the subject, or that something else happens in the news to distract from the subject.

Because based on what I am hearing (CNN....), it sounds as though the majority of people are FOR an AWB. This poll states otherwise.

Most people on cnn that voted in the polls are probably very miss-informed about AR15s like some people on here. They probably think AR15s are full auto and can shoot 1000rds a minute and kill 1000 people in that time frame. :dumb: