Byers Mazda Subaru...

Cordell

Well I accepted the job, and put my two weeks notice in at Dave Gill. What I was expecting did not happen. I figured like the last few peple to quit I would get told that they would not like for me to continue working and that I was done. Thats not all that uncommon for most automotive shops. However I was pulled into the Gill's office and had an hour discussion about how they want to keep me, and how valued I am, and why didn't I come discuss my issues first, yadda yadda yadda.

My day did not go anything like I thought, they want a couple days to come up with a plan to provide me more work and opportunity. I am still in shock. So now I'm not sure, if they really do make a good attempt to keep me I think I'll stay.

Feels good being wanted by an employer (and a few places at that), but sucks that things are up in the air. What a day.

No, that is over.

Glad you're at Byers. Working on both Mazda's and Subi's I take it? I need to bring my MS3 in for some wiper recall or something but otherwise it only has 31k on it so no much else needed. If the turbo ever blows smoke I'll PM you :p

In the end, it's a general rule to never accept a counter by a company after you announce leaving. Statistics show you'll either leave or be fired within the next 10 months if you do. Would also have been bad if you accepted the offer then said no. Another HR no-no.

Congrats on the move!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, it's a general rule to never accept a counter by a company after you announce leaving. Statistics show you'll either leave or be fired within the next 10 months if you do. Would also have been bad if you accepted the offer then said no. Another HR no-no.

Congrats on the move!

Yes, but sometimes they catch wind of you interviewing and proactively slip you 15%+ Raise and instant bonus cash to help stave off the next interview.:megusta: