175,000 miles in the air this year

Akula

Yup, flew a lot. Learned quite a bit too.

Don't bank with any bank in the Philippines. WOW, security is non-existent there. In fact, if you are dealing with any call center that is in the PI, tell the mother-company you never want them looking at your information because in general the PI is about 10 years behind.

Australians take information security very seriously.

Singapore is a blast.

It is really hard to find good information security practitioners. We are operating at a 3-5% deficit. That's right, our Unemployment rate is an inverse number.

My best meals were had in Europe, probably because I can't eat seafood (then it would be Singapore).

Anyway, rambling. What have you learned at work in 2012?

Yeah, when i was at chase, dealing with reps in manila, there were quite a few i had to call their supervisor to make sure they were at work, calling for legit work reasons before discussing anything with them. Ill stick with my cincy reps at 5/3. Lol

I trained people in manila for 2 months, it was entertaining lol but overall all the people we worked with had great security sense and knew what they were doing. Maybe you just dealt with dumbasses? I would move there in a heartbeat if I could keep my same salary in USD