C7 Vette details..

Draco-REX

I was Hoping it would have more power than what it has.. 450hp is weak sauce for a 60+k sports car. Was expecting it to almost beat out the ls7 with all the re-designed engine. Kinda like how the c6 almost beat out the c5z. Once released I'm excited to see all the corvette shops race for the fastest c7..

Well, this is just the base model, and it's picking up where the current Grand Sport currently is. So the model line as a whole is progressing. There's plenty of room for more power for the Z06 and a ZR1 if they continue that.

I don't think pricing has been announced yet. GM has been talking about accessability and trying to get a younger market buying the Corvette. So I don't think the base model will be 60K. Likely this will be priced about the same as the current base model which is 45K.

But then, this is GM we're talking about.... So they still could announce their "more accessible" base model at 60K. But I'm hoping not.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then, this is GM we're talking about.... So they still could announce their "more accessible" base model at 60K. But I'm hoping not.

If it were me running the company, I'd leave very little overlap in Vette prices vs Camaro prices. The guy who buys a plain jane base Vette is probably just some dude who wants to cruise in a sports car and feel badass, which he'd probably do just as well in a loaded Camaro with more profit built into it, if he wants to spend that kind of money.

If it were me running the company, I'd leave very little overlap in Vette prices vs Camaro prices. The guy who buys a plain jane base Vette is probably just some dude who wants to cruise in a sports car and feel badass, which he'd probably do just as well in a loaded Camaro with more profit built into it, if he wants to spend that kind of money.

But the Vette has a better nameplate than Camaro. So the guy who can afford the high margin Camaro will jump to the low margin Vette. (This is assuming the high end Camaro has a higher margin than the low end Vette).

Just talked to someone that was at the event, and who went to dinner with the main engineer.

I guess you need to see the car in person, supposedly it looks a lot better, and does NOT look like a Camaro. Big design/engineering improvements over the C6. It will also be priced the same as a C6.

I still think the rear is fugly.

welp since this came out, dad sold the white grand sport and picked up a 2013 427. Dealers cant keep the 2013's in stock and seem to be flying off the lot since they showed the C7.

you'd think it would be the other way around.......... especially after I got a chance to see the C7 in person today in Detroit.

And I think it looks dead sexy.

6345_545044065450_2094506348_n.jpg

they had an interior display in the booth and the execution of the FnF (fit/finish) is quite remarkable for a GM product....this car is a serious contender in my opinion and will definitely be a worthy carrier of the namesake

Mark my words

you'd think it would be the other way around.......... especially after I got a chance to see the C7 in person today in Detroit.

And I think it looks dead sexy.

6345_545044065450_2094506348_n.jpg

they had an interior display in the booth and the execution of the FnF (fit/finish) is quite remarkable for a GM product....this car is a serious contender in my opinion and will definitely be a worthy carrier of the namesake

Mark my words

I was there yesterday too and I have to agree 100%. I think even the rear end looks better in person, although it looks best from a 3/4 view as opposed to straight behind. I think the car is going to be amazing, if they can keep the base around $50k. I want one.