C7 Vette details..

Draco-REX

I'm not entirely sure an American V8 powered car should be graceful.

i didn't mean the driving dynamics...I mean the thing looks like it's cobbled together....the C5 and the C6 designs definitely looked like they flowed (the front looks like it should go with the side and the back)....this one just feels like it's a bunch of different styling elements but not really a sum to it all

the specs are fucking awesome though, no lie and I'm sure it will handle like nothing else before it so it can do dominate ALMS and FIA GT1.........then again GT1 is dying off

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't mean the driving dynamics...I mean the thing looks like it's cobbled together....the C5 and the C6 designs definitely looked like they flowed (the front looks like it should go with the side and the back)....this one just feels like it's a bunch of different styling elements but not really a sum to it all

the specs are fucking awesome though, no lie and I'm sure it will handle like nothing else before it so it can do dominate ALMS and FIA GT1.........then again GT1 is dying off

I meant the styling too.

hmmm

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/12q4/493642/2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-62-liter-v-8-engine-artists-rendering-photo-493701-s-520x318.jpg

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/12q4/493642/2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-artists-rendering-photo-493699-s-520x318.jpg

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/2014-chevrolet-c7-corvette-artists-rendering-inline-1-photo-493668-s-original.jpg

DAT ENGINE

Before settling on an 11.5:1 compression ratio (up from the LS3’s 10.7:1), GM powertrain engineers investigated more than 75 alternative ^combustion-chamber configurations, consuming a staggering 6 million hours of computer-processing time. Contrast that with 60 years ago, when Chevy chief engineer Ed Cole and 14 draftsmen needed only 15 weeks to design the original small-block V-8 with pencils, paper, and slide rules.

6 million hours of CFD...intense

I see aftermarket companies drooling at the fact that many owners will look to aftermarket parts to clean up the rear lights that are a complete fail.

Yeah too much camaro in there. But lets see how it looks in person

6 million hours of CFD and in 10 minutes some guy will pull it off to build a custom intake ans exhaust in his garage.
I Lol'd

I also lol'd that it has VTEC now.

There are a lot of individual things I really dig, but overall I don't like it. Hopefully all the geezers will be selling C6s cheap to get into the C7 though.

As for the 2+2 debate, I'd say it's more than likely similar to a 350Z or FRC C5 where there's just a little shelf area behind the seats and nothing more. Shit would hit the fan if the Corvette had backseats. That's what the Camaro is anyway, right? :dumb:

I thought the C5 was ordinary looking when it came out and then I thought the C6 was too small and angular but since then I've owned each. So...GM...just take my money...I won't bother nit-picking since I'll just end up with one in the garage anyway. :)

More has been leaked.

"Turns out, there are some very interesting features in the new Vette, stuff like active rev-mtaching for up and down shifts on the manual trans, a performance data recorder (will record data, plus video and audio of performance driving sessions!), and engine sound management, which lets the user select exhaust modes like auto, stealth, city, tour, sport, or off. Will this be standard equipment, or optional gear? We don't know, but when we find out, we'll let you know"

http://blogs.popularhotrodding.com/6819066/hard-driving/2014-corvette-photos/

"Sound management"?? Because the LS has always been a shitty sounding engine? or it has 8 mufflers and resonators so it doesn't exceed retirement community sound limits of 18db?

My guess is it just gives the driver control of a valve in the exhaust, like they have on the Z06, except now you can select different calibrations for when it opens.

7PM tonight, according to GM's Facebook.

99StockGT - are you going to the industry day on the 18th, or just the first public day on the 19th? I think I'll take a day off mid-week and head down there.

My guess is it just gives the driver control of a valve in the exhaust, like they have on the Z06, except now you can select different calibrations for when it opens.

7PM tonight, according to GM's Facebook.

99StockGT - are you going to the industry day on the 18th, or just the first public day on the 19th? I think I'll take a day off mid-week and head down there.

It's a Vette, and thus it needs to sound like one and not a Camry.

Mallard - I'll be up there for both days. For some odd reason I love spending time in Detroit so I usually end up just making a weekend of it. This year I'm going to try my best not to sneak over into Canada and spend my money in a hard working American city!