Need Key Cut

Jizzle Juice

As you'll soon figure out any GM dealer has strict policies about the person's ID and documentation for vehicle ownership before they will even look up your key code. So get your ducks ina row and call ahead to find out what they want because i can't even remember the hoops they make people jump through.

The backdoor I've seen work for a few people is to have it towed to a dealer and tell them you lost the keys at the service desk. A technician goes to parts and gets a key then programs it. Sometimes this works, but it costs more and is not garanteed because it pisses the parts guys off since they are not really following the rules.

Flat blade screwdriver and a coat hanger. I locked the keys in my focus at least 3 times that i can remember. Using a towell/cloth pry the top of the door open with the screw driver, slide coat hanger in, unlock door. Carry on about your day.

If your car has the passlock system, you will still have to have the key programmed if you have a locksmith cut it for you. Unless of course the locksmith has the capability to do that for you.

All you need is 30 minutes to learn the key on most GMs.

FYI for anyone reading this-

Attempt to start, wait 10 minutes, cycle key once security light goes off, put back in run, wait 10 minutes until the light goes back off, cycle key again and wait 10 more minutes, then the vehicle should work fine. Really its only the brand new cars with the flip keys that cannot be programmed that way, however it is much faster for all of them if you have a GM scan tool and a dealer login.

All you need is 30 minutes to learn the key on most GMs.

FYI for anyone reading this-

Attempt to start, wait 10 minutes, cycle key once security light goes off, put back in run, wait 10 minutes until the light goes back off, cycle key again and wait 10 more minutes, then the vehicle should work fine. Really its only the brand new cars with the flip keys that cannot be programmed that way, however it is much faster for all of them if you have a GM scan tool and a dealer login.

does this also work for early 2000's dodge or fords?

If you have AAA they will pop the door open for you. My gf had to do this when she locked her key in her pontiac once. I always try to have at least two spares to avoid this. If you have the expensive >$100 keys with a chip you can still get a $1 copy made at Lowe's (or your favorite locksmith) that will open the doors even though it will not start the engine.