New toy.

Major_golf

Picked up a ruger anerican rifle 30-06. Im just wondering if any one here has any experience with the american rife line from ruger im trying to find some after market stocks and larger mags

My experience thus far with it.

extreamly accurate less than a 1/2 in grouping at 200 yards

Very minimal kick its though to call but im pretty sure its got less kick than my 12ga

So far with 40 rds through it no isuses

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifle/models.html

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a ruger anerican rifle 30-06. Im just wondering if any one here has any experience with the american rife line from ruger im trying to find some after market stocks and larger mags

Very minimal kick its though to call but im pretty sure its got less kick than my 12ga

These remind me a lot of the savage edge/axis line but with a much better trigger. I picked up on of those (edge) up in 30-06 when they came out and am happy with it. Its around a MOA gun with good ammo which is better than I expected. IIRC the mags are rotary type mags just like the 10/22 not sure if they make after market ones for it and .25MOA groups at 200 are they 2 shot groups WOW.

Edited by Mahle

There isn't much of an after market for it that I have seen yet. It's a hunting rifle with no bad reviews. I have not shot a better rifle for the money, or seen one out there. The 30 06 is very available and so is the ammo.The .308's are a little hard to come by.Vance's is selling them at $379 and that is marked up quite a bit from the $309 I have seen in other places.

Here's my write up.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107167&highlight=Ruger+American

What are the specs of the glass you have on it?

Its self adhesive targets on a 55 gal drum that has had many more random shots put in it i will turn the drum put a new target on it and take some more shots later today after the neighbors are up

I'd be willing to bet they are already up.

Shooting sub moa with a cheap scope and box ammo is a good task.

Shooting .25 moa with that is kinda hard to believe (would be very good)

Average group size would be 2" Chris

What I was thinking. Maybe he meant 50m instead of 200? Or we just have a crazy fluke and Mr bench-rest over here...

I believe he is measuring his groups differently than we are used to. Sounds like he is measuring distance from bullseye instead of from bullet hole to hole. So if its a 2 inch bullseye and the hole is half an inch to the right and the next is half a inch to the left it would be a 3 inch group. At least that's how I took it.

Rooky fuck up i was spoting for the brother inlaw after he fired told him i was gona lap his bulit.needless to say i was holding the rifle a little to lose. But i did lap his shot pic to come unfortanatly i only took two shots so the is yet to be proof of the 1/2 grouping