1993 Supra

miller11386

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well had a slight issue after some pulls:

After the pull I thought it was a spun brg, but when I opened the hood it sounded like an exhaust leak. I verified all my runners didn't have any leaks and the gaskets still looked ok.

Then I found a black spot on the fire wall and began to inquire about that. Larry suggested it could be the EGR port on the back of the head. Sure enough, the company that did the head put some sort of soft plug in it, which let go. I got my pal Saif to give me some dimensions and I scribbled a drawing and began to fab up a block off plate.

Here is a video trying to see the Plate I put on the back of the head... sorry for the poor quality

For anyone needing to make a plate for there car, here is a scribble sketch of what it should look like with rough dimensions.. hardware is 2 standard M10 bolts:

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a440/miller11386/20130924_210114_zps72066be3.jpg

I am trying the plate sans RTV and going to keep an eye on it. If it leaks ill end up putting some silicone on it or make a gasket, but I think it should hold up OK. Obviously if you have the motor out of the car it is MUCH easier to do, but I had no choice. Hopefully that helps someone else out down the road

Edited by miller11386

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Larry is a great chioce for tuning ProEFI, have you messed around with the rolling anti-lag feature yet?

Even with Launch control and Anti-lag, drag radials aren't helping me out either from a dig. Hopefully we'll see if slicks hook next spring!

The build is gorgeous man. For a realistic dream car (not something totally out of reach), an MK4 Supra is at the top of my list.

Another one rolling around here in Columbus (my old roommate) put down 986whp and he was going to list his for 50k (has receipts totalling over 105k for the entire build), so your number isn't totally out there. I could see you getting 55-60 for it if you really wanted to.

Again, gorgeous car and I hope you keep it.

Previous statement retracted. I forgot that he obtained the car when it had ~550whp, so I imagine a lot of it was shop built.

No way in hell he spent 100k without using a shop. However Joe only used IPS to tune it and fix some stupid shit. He probably has 20 or so into it plus cost.

^^ Lmfao JP

I wouldnt sell it if i were you, you havnt even had the car completed for a year and your already trying to get rid of it? Dont get it, unless something came up and you HAVE too, but if your just "Bored" with it or something i wouldnt sell it. Just try to find a new way to fall in love with it again and youll be set. Start doing something other than drag racing?

Larry is a great chioce for tuning ProEFI, have you messed around with the rolling anti-lag feature yet?

Even with Launch control and Anti-lag, drag radials aren't helping me out either from a dig. Hopefully we'll see if slicks hook next spring!

At 1:30ish I hit the rolling antilag. It would work much better on a smaller turbo car, but basically get it into where your car makes boost, hold button, smash gas.. watch boost gauge to build boost and then let the button go. Insta-kick in the pants

Sad Story for Every Shop built Supra.

its the sad story for every high HP supra. The problem is no one is willing to buy the full package up front. When you part them out they are worth a fortune compared to what they are as a whole. Gared's red supra is being parted out due to his medical reasons. He was asking 60k for his car and got zero offers even close to that. His car is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than mine.

I have no NEED to sell it, but if I could do it all again, I would do it differently. Unfortunately looks like I will just need to stick with the car I got and pour some money in it to try out all the different scenarios.

I am debating on going to a larger turbo for next year and drive it on the street less. More nitrous, put it on slicks, at let her eat. We will see what my funds permit this coming season.