1993 Supra

miller11386

^^ Lmfao JP

I wouldnt sell it if i were you, you havnt even had the car completed for a year and your already trying to get rid of it? Dont get it, unless something came up and you HAVE too, but if your just "Bored" with it or something i wouldnt sell it. Just try to find a new way to fall in love with it again and youll be set. Start doing something other than drag racing?

some items just make the car fairly difficult to drive on the street. I wish she was more street friendly, but that is water under the bridge. Mostly stemming to the cams that are in the car. they are a prime example of just being TOO big. Makes the car difficult to start up and difficult to drive under 2500 rpm. I am over it and will just drive it on the street less.

and before suggesting a cam change, realize the head was designed/cut for these cams....and the valves were cut to clearance the big cam properly. So to do a cam swap on this head is impossible. It would need completely rebuilt with new valves. Just not something im interested in doing on a motor with only 500 miles or so on it that runs this strong.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some items just make the car fairly difficult to drive on the street. I wish she was more street friendly, but that is water under the bridge. Mostly stemming to the cams that are in the car. they are a prime example of just being TOO big. Makes the car difficult to start up and difficult to drive under 2500 rpm. I am over it and will just drive it on the street less.

I feel you there.

Tried Kelford 280 in the Colt-Hated them for that specific reason. car started like the tune was off, would sometimes die coming to a stop- made 5 ft lbs of trq below 2k rpm..ect.. Still to this day my favorite street cam for a DSM is a Comp272 (FP2) which is considered mild these days-but was one of 4 off the self cam choices in 2004.

I got a little over my head thinking I could take a purpose built drag motor and thought "ah I could wrangle this thing and easily drive it on the street."

Bottom line it wont idle until it reaches 150 degrees, and doesn't idle nicely until its up to temp at 1500rpm. Any variation means a stall. Any hesitation on the clutch/ not revving the car high before letting out the clutch leads to a stall. Then you have to hope you can fire it back up before looking like a complete jackass on the road.

Bottom line it was made to drag, so I am going to let it fulfill its destiny.

Car is definitely sweet it amazes me how expensive it is to get these things moving.. I am debating heavily on a supra or GTR next year

Thanks!

GTR Is a different price bracket than a sup, so there should not be much of a debate. I will say you can run 8s in a supra for less than the base price of a GTR.

Personally I think its amazing the creature comforts and drivability that the GTR's offer while being able to drive like monsters. Many supra guys go to GTR's after a while. They definitely are fun, but just don't do it for me personally.

However GTR can be financed. Most Supras are difficult to get funding for. You need all cash up front on these cars!

• 1 month later...

Back at it for the upcoming 2014 season. Bought a members old rear end/spool setup.. some assembly required. I will be ordering parts and hopefully getting it all operational soon. Here is some carnage of what his car did to the 3.13 gears!

1533855_10202026925427177_1664282680_n.jpg

1526734_10202026926067193_1322829616_n.jpg

Another component I was ready to grab as soon as it was released was the PHR Oil filter relocation kit. Looks great and I cant wait to get it on the car. No more busted knuckles and sliced fingers trying to get the filter off and away from the nitrous lines!

1557512_10100989334363192_685339446_n.jpg

And finally, I bit the bullet and finally got this:

1531917_10101001858829062_1794129572_n.jpg

2014 could be a fun year.

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing with the "go big or go home" theme for this year, I picked up this slightly used Precision 8889 from Jon. Looks to be in good shape and I'm excited to see what it will do on a 6 speed car. It made 1138whp through a glide. A big thanks to Reid at SP for knowing my need and hooking me up with Jon to work out a deal. He went to a pro mod 88, so no need for his old 8889.

Jon's new turbo on the left, and old turbo on the right.

1533768_10152221319683033_1914217599_n.jpg

Shipped to me and a shot from when I unboxed it:

1544285_10101024098954672_792284627_n.jpg

Billet PTE wheel is in fine shape!

1544289_10101024099014552_761400644_n.jpg

Video of the turbo on Jon's powerglide car with the 8889 is here:

At some point, I need to start installing all these goodies!

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the digital display on your dash?

Its the Pro-EFI color can display. It allows me to setup any custom screen I want to view any of the sensors connected to the ECU. IAT, AFR, MAP (boost gage) Oil pressure, oil temp, radiator temp, Nitrous pressure, etc.

Here is a demo of the display:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Spend 100k+ on building supra. What's an extra few grand on a set of proper wheels front and rear. People that do those gto spares and cheap shit to a supra make me laugh.

^ Exactly..

This is the right way to do it:

1421022_616130801759581_99620942_o.jpg

This is tight ass way to do it:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/prelude760/2010%20Build/DSC_0092.jpg