Gearhead movie night interest?

Buckeye1647545503

So assuming Doc has no issues with it I thought it would be cool to have a night were we watch 2-3 of car related mater pieces. Maybe we make a list here and vote on favorites?

I'll start a list

American Graffiti

Bullet (new or old)

Gone in 60 seconds (again new or old)

Original fast and furious (could be fun to quote back )

Grand prix*

Vanishing point*

Two lane blacktop *

*= i've never seen but hear are great

I highly recommend The World's Fastest Indian and Senna - streaming on Netflix.

Love the idea, but I enjoy drinking with my movies and respect Doc and OMVI waaaaaay too much for this. Good luck and great idea, Scott!

I can bring you some Ibc root beer that comes in beer bottles so you think your drunk?

I personally dislike F1 so Senna is not interesting but if it wins the vote then cool

NASCAR baby... Yeeeehaaawwww... J/K Scott... The movie is good to watch regardless if you are a F1 fan or not. It's about his life, total dedication to racing, and just a story of how good of a driver he really was. Competative, passionate and ruthless. It's just a well put together movie.

1. American Graffiti

2. Two Lane Blacktop

3. Gone in 60 Seconds, new.

Just my opinion. I'd think the first two would be mandatory for any true gearhead..although Two Lane Blacktop can be somewhat boring at times, it's still great

I personally like this list.

Add my votes for World's Fastest Indian, Senna, and Grand Prix. Cannonball Run, Smokey and the Bandit, Gone in 60 are also good. Other movies that aren't really car movies per se, but have good car elements: Ronin, Italian Job (both), Transporter 1 and 3, etc..

Movie night is fine by me. I can help you arrange pizza delivery if you want, or we could buy some bulk popcorn. There are floor cushions which seldom get used and we can break those out if we have more than a dozen people watching the movie.

A number of the movies mentioned have already played at the Hangout or are sitting in a stack on the TV stand; most are blue-ray. I'm not currently set up for NetFlex.

Please give me a day or two advance notice if you're planning on using the place so that I can have the frig stocked.