imstock2

Cordell

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the fastest gtr compared to the fastest vette in that area. The vette had drag radials when it should of had slicks. Race corvette? Did you watch the video and noticed the full interior,Ac, power steering.. The cute is just a safety item.

vette was granny shifting too, when he should have been double clutching:lolguy:

bring parachute to race when he should have brought slicks---what a dumbass.

when i was in college i bought my first foxbody. i modded this thing to no end over the next 5 years. all the way to h/c/i, new motor, trans, etc etc. then i bought my '04 cobra and it was immediately and markedly faster--absolutely no contest.

over the next 5 years i modded the cobra--everything all the way up to 600rwhp, built rear, built/stalled auto, etc etc. then i bought my '09 z-06 (my wife bought it, but that's a diff story), and immediately knew the z-06 was nearly as fast, but that much better of a car--no contest at all.

over the next 3 years i modded the vette---h/c/i/exhaust, and nothing more. then i bought the GTR and immediately knew its a quicker, better built, technologically superior car---maybe not from a roll, but there's absolutely no matching the car to 100mph from a standstill---just won't happen.

somewhere along that timeline i also owned 3 other foxes, a GTO, cts-v, and '13 gt500.

as much as i loved my fox, i had to realize the cobra was that much better. as much as i loved my cobra, i had to realize the vette was that much better. and as much as i love my z, the GTR is better. still love the vette though---its modded to the point where the wife still willingly rides in it--that's a barometer i use when modding my cars.

the point is, realize the gtr is the better car, and move on. my dad is still pissed i bought a foreign car. thank god i'm not brand loyal--i would miss out on some incredible cars

Kirk I totally understand what your saying. I'm not much of a domestic loyalist, as I am an car enthusiast who belives a sports at should be manual or bust. I like compitition where it's all about who can drive better. You take 4 zr1's.. All bone stock. It's all about who can do the most with what they have to work with. Where bragging rights is earned and learning will accure while tissue papers are passed out. Most people will consider a zr1 fast. Little do most people understand there is no factory slush box Zr1. It could be a 13 sec car or can be a low 11 and extreme cases a mid 10sec car. Now grab 4 2013 gtr's.. Teach them how to use lc.. You'll get the factory results everytime. All 4 car within a tenth of each other where there comparing re-action times. I heard from quite a few people that driving a gtr is like playing a video game.. I seen video's. I dispise the japs for making a car so good that it takes the fun out of racing for a true car enthusiast.. Nothing's sweeter than being able to beat the same exact car as yours by .5-.8 sec faster because driver mod. Or roll racing the same platform with less mods and being able to edge him out because he doesn't know shift points and short shifts,over revs, or sleeping while rowing gears. That's where bragging rights comes in and makes things fun! Take those things out then it's all about who has the most $$ invested. Gtr better car for slush box approved guys. Any m6 car better approved for car enthusiast.

Kirk I totally understand what your saying. I'm not much of a domestic loyalist, as I am an car enthusiast who belives a sports at should be manual or bust. I like compitition where it's all about who can drive better. You take 4 zr1's.. All bone stock. It's all about who can do the most with what they have to work with. Where bragging rights is earned and learning will accure while tissue papers are passed out. Most people will consider a zr1 fast. Little do most people understand there is no factory slush box Zr1. It could be a 13 sec car or can be a low 11 and extreme cases a mid 10sec car. Now grab 4 2013 gtr's.. Teach them how to use lc.. You'll get the factory results everytime. All 4 car within a tenth of each other where there comparing re-action times. I heard from quite a few people that driving a gtr is like playing a video game.. I seen video's. I dispise the japs for making a car so good that it takes the fun out of racing for a true car enthusiast.. Nothing's sweeter than being able to beat the same exact car as yours by .5-.8 sec faster because driver mod. Or roll racing the same platform with less mods and being able to edge him out because he doesn't know shift points and short shifts,over revs, or sleeping while rowing gears. That's where bragging rights comes in and makes things fun! Take those things out then it's all about who has the most $$ invested. Gtr better car for slush box approved guys. Any m6 car better approved for car enthusiast.

:dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb:

All I know is, come this spring you better hope that TT c6 does all these incredible things you think it's going to, or you're going to feel really silly.

I have big hopes for it.. Hopefully I won't be kicking myself in the ass for stirring so much shit up

:dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb:

Please go on how you think there's more to driving a 2013 gtr than using lc,apply pressure on the gas pedal and keep that awd car straight? We have all winter. O and be sure to post actual facts with links or videos

I have big hopes for it.. Hopefully I won't be kicking myself in the ass for stirring so much shit up

Hint... you will be.

Please go on how you think there's more to driving a 2013 gtr than using lc,apply pressure on the gas pedal and keep that awd car straight? We have all winter. O and be sure to post actual facts with links or videos

Please, go do this, and tell me how easy it is to drag race, cut a good light and hit the best time. Since you're an expert and all.

Please go on how you think there's more to a 2013 gtr than using lc,apply pressure on the gas pedal and keep that awd car straight? We have all winter. O and be sure to post actual facts with links or videos

I think you are ignoring the giant problem. You seem to think, due to what I can only pray is ignorance, that if you own any dsg or auto car you are automatically no longer a car enthusiast. I am beginning to think you don't even know what it means when you say it.

I'd classify many friends on here with "automatics" as enthusiasts, christ I've seen kids with stock civics that are more of a "car enthusiast" than yourself. They embrace cars and the fun hobby it is, period. You seem like nothing more than a child with a chip on his shoulder, ready to tear apart anything that isnt a magical autozone 6 speed vette.

Win or lose, at the end of the day we are all friends here, a bunch of real enthusiasts.

Please continue to educate us on what are real enthusiast cars are though, we are dying to meet your criteria for acceptance! :lolguy:

I think you are ignoring the giant problem. You seem to think, due to what I can only pray is ignorance, that if you own any dsg or auto car you are automatically no longer a car enthusiast. I am beginning to think you don't even know what it means when you say it.

I'd classify many friends on here with "automatics" as enthusiasts, christ I've seen kids with stock civics that are more of a "car enthusiast" than yourself. They embrace cars and the fun hobby it is, period. You seem like nothing more than a child with a chip on his shoulder, ready to tear apart anything that isnt a magical autozone 6 speed vette.

Win or lose, at the end of the day we are all friends here, a bunch of real enthusiasts.

Please continue to educate us on what are real enthusiast cars are though, we are dying to meet your criteria for acceptance! :lolguy:

So i guess all the hours and money i have put into my car (and about to...), or the fact that i spend alot of my time around all different types of cars while racing mine weekly, means nothing in terms of being a car enthusiast because my car has an automatic. According to this fool, i guess i should just give up lol. Dont waste your breath jones, hes not gonna get it.

Imstock, just a heads up, you would be suprised how much driver skill is still involved in racing an auto car. No, my car doesnt have launch control or AWD, but it is just a 300 hp automatic car on drag radials. Ive watched several people jump in my car not 5 minutes after i make a pass and be a couple tenths slower (cordell, fill LOL). My point is, anything takes skill (more like just learning what your doing) to drive to its full pontential. GTR's included.

you've never driven one, have you??

drive one (not mine). if you're not convinced that its 10X the car that you're vette is, or will ever be, then kill yourself, because there is no hope for you.

Busting yals ballz. Really think anyone could be this arrogant? Like I said, if I find something I could run will. I'll do it. This gtr discussion happens on ls1tech after a gtr loses and nagtroc storm's over to defend it. Wanna hear damn good excuses, I tell you what lol. Car didn't have the right octane.. It had 91 instead of 93. All the shit I brought up is common bs that a lot of die hard merican's bring up everytime. I can care less what it takes or why a gtr is as fast as it is..gtr is a well built jap and outperforms our American junk. Until Mercia catchs on then we're falling behind. Our old theory no replacement for displacement didn't last long... The throw a huge engine in a light car worked well until gtr was released. Honda needs to release a turbo inline4 with a DCT to wipe the stang and camaro line up out.. My posts are very ill literate and grammar sucks. Very laggy with 1-2 bars of service and this auto correct shit is dumb. Half the time I don't go back through to correct anything. I phones suck Edited by imstock2

Busting yals ballz. Really think anyone could be this arrogant? Like I said, if I find something I could run will. I'll do it. This gtr discussion happens on ls1tech after a gtr loses and nagtroc storm's over to defend it. Wanna hear damn good excuses, I tell you what lol. Car didn't have the right octane.. It had 91 instead of 93. All the shit I brought up is common bs that a lot of die hard merican's bring up everytime. I can care less what it takes or why a gtr is as fast as it is..gtr is a well built jap and outperforms our American junk. Until Mercia catchs on then we're falling behind. Our old theory no replacement for displacement didn't last long... The throw a huge engine in a light car worked well until gtr was released. Honda needs to release a turbo inline4 with a DCT to wipe the stang and camaro line up out.. My posts are very ill literate and grammar sucks. Very laggy with 1-2 bars of service and this auto correct shit is dumb. Half the time I dot go back through to correct anything. I phones suck

Somewhere an English Teacher is cutting themselves.

Oh shit, I have an Auto... I'm not qualified to post here.

Yup, I understand. Just that my stalled automatic walked a lot of stick cars..........

..............IN MEXICO!!

How about I put it in words you'll understand?

WINNING IS WINNING!!

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/ND2RACE/This_is_Brasil.png

btw-I don't care if that made any sense.