pocket shooter opinions

XChris1632X

I'm strongly interested in a new carry piece. I am pretty interested in getting a pocket pistol. I'm not thrilled about the .380 round as I would rather 9mm but I don't think I want to put a 9mm in my pocket. I currently carry a compact m&p 9. What I'm looking for is a firearm to occasionally replace the m&p when given the right situation to do so, such as when it woukd be difficult to conceal the m&p. I would like to ankle carry,Iwb, and pocket carry. Come summer when I'm wearing shorts and a t shirt I would love to have something to just throw in my pocket. I have read the posts here on pocket discussion but haven't found enough info to convince me. Looking for some persuation.

So far my considerations are:

P3at - this is my top pick so far.

Lcp- this is tied with the kel tec but I think I would lean towards the kel tec if I had to choose.

Bodyguard- a consideration. Mainly due to the laser option which I love but also hate due to extra size.

Sig 238- don't know anything about this including price but would consider.

My anniversary is this month and my wife is making hints at buying one for me bit has to be around $300 for her to go through with it so that is a big factor. Open to all opinions.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P238 IMO the best pocket pistol. Have shot many others and I think its the best. I have carried one for a while now and it cant be beat for a summer tee/shorts weather. 1911 style pistol, very nice thumb safety, great all around shooter. Sig also has fantastic customer service. Add a crossbreed minituck and your golden.

P238 IMO the best pocket pistol. Have shot many others and I think its the best. I have carried one for a while now and it cant be beat for a summer tee/shorts weather. 1911 style pistol, very nice thumb safety, great all around shooter. Sig also has fantastic customer service. Add a crossbreed minituck and your golden.

My biggest concern is price on it. I don't think my wife will keep interest if it costs that much.

The P3AT disappears in blue jeans....

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I take it that's in a good way...

My bodyguard has been flawless (knock on wood)

Zero FTFs and accurate for such a short barrel.

The trigger is looooooong. But honestly I prefer that in a gun that remains in my pocket.

It's far from my favorite gun. It's just my favorite pocket EDC

I carry a Diamondback DB9. Same size as a BG380 but is 9mm.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae290/ackbar00/IMG_1146.jpg

I will take a look at one. I have never held a bodyguard though either.

chris, i'll bring my p238 tomorrow

Don't forget.

The worse thing about the bodyguard is the trigger pull. Really long.

I messed with a pf9 tonight and I noticed it was long as Hell. I may not dislike that in a pocket gun though either. I did notice though that you had to release the trigger all the way out before it would allow you to take a consecutive shot.

Beretta nano?

Eeeehhh, I think it would be down on the list.

My wife started looking at prices today and she is pushing for the $300 dollar range guns lol. She started saying bullshit about how even she liked the kel tec.

I carry EVERYWHERE, so to me I dont like carrying on my ankle or alot of other options when it comes to full frame or compacts. With the bodyguard I can store it in any pocket and head out the door. With the first box of 50 I put through the gun I was very accurate at 25 yards. I like the feel of the gun and I can strip it to clean it with ease.

I really just knew I wanted a .380 to carry and the price was right

I was torn between the lc9 and cm9. The trigger on the cm9 sold me. It is really nice. I would have loved the pm9 but I felt the extra 200 bucks for the polygonal rifling was not worth it. Plus you can buy the barrel later. It shoots very nice and is more accurate than me. It's just small enough to pocket carry in most situations.