Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhh... transitive property doesn't really work in college football. And we've been over the Buffalo game so much already. After 1 quarter it looked like OSU would put 70 up on Buffalo as well. Then you take out the starting center, your starting QB cramps up, your best LB cramps up, you're already down 2 starting DB's, etc., etc.

the fact that #23 baylor beat buffalo 70-13 after #2 ohio was only able to win by 20 does not do well for osu's rankings.

that's what I said, people do overlook the fact the Buffalo had a lot more time to prepare for OSU, think about it, if they came into Columbus and Beat the #2 Buckeyes then they get their early championship game or season highlight. Buffalo wanted the Buckeyes more than the Baylor game.

Braxton is brittle. :(

Typically your QB isn't taking the shots like he is. Urban sounded kinda upset with Braxton in the presser today. I guess there was a guy wide open and Braxton decided to go for the first down himself. Said he does like that competitiveness in a QB though.

Typically your QB isn't taking the shots like he is.

Meh, I'm not really buying whatever it is you're selling here. He just seems brittle.

I can remember Joe Germaine getting absolutely throttled at times and then acting like nothing had happened. Pryor and Smith were both mobile QB's and neither of them seemed as gimpy as Braxton.

I'm not trying to be down on Braxton, but let's not act like he isn't ailing with something from one game to the next.

It seems like ever since the Purdue game last year when got pulled down by the neck and then got ambulanced off, acting like someone ran him over with a mac truck, he has been hurt off and on almost every game. Hey I know it's a rough sport and injuries happen but it does seem like its in his head some. Maybe it's just me. Smooth Jazz Kenny G. took some shots in the last game and he kept right on going. To me there is something to be said about mental toughness and pushing through injuries. Just my .02...

Pavo

It seems like ever since the Purdue game last year when got pulled down by the neck and then got ambulanced off, acting like someone ran him over with a mac truck, he has been hurt off and on almost every game. Hey I know it's a rough sport and injuries happen but it does seem like its in his head some. Maybe it's just me. Smooth Jazz Kenny G. took some shots in the last game and he kept right on going. To me there is something to be said about mental toughness and pushing through injuries. Just my .02...

Pavo

Agreed completely.

I keep thinking about how he looked like he was going to die in the Purdue game and then he goes to the hospital and they release him and his diagnosis is...nothing. WTF, seriously? I know we all handle pain differently, but that seemed like the most I've ever seen someone hurt from nothing.

Meh, I'm not really buying whatever it is you're selling here. He just seems brittle.

I can remember Joe Germaine getting absolutely throttled at times and then acting like nothing had happened. Pryor and Smith were both mobile QB's and neither of them seemed as gimpy as Braxton.

I'm not trying to be down on Braxton, but let's not act like he isn't ailing with something from one game to the next.

He's a QB that is gonna hurt like a running back when he isn't a running back. He carried the ball 227 times last year. The most TS ever carried the ball was 136, TP's high was 162. To compare their ailment's to Braxtons is disingenuous

Agreed completely.

I keep thinking about how he looked like he was going to die in the Purdue game and then he goes to the hospital and they release him and his diagnosis is...nothing. WTF, seriously? I know we all handle pain differently, but that seemed like the most I've ever seen someone hurt from nothing.

Ever had a massive stinger?

He's a QB that is gonna hurt like a running back when he isn't a running back. He carried the ball 227 times last year. The most TS ever carried the ball was 136, TP's high was 162. To compare their ailment's to Braxtons is disingenuous

Smith and Pryor didn't have ailments that I can recall. That's kind of my point.

Regardless of stats, he's kind of failing the eye test for me. I get that he'll get banged up because of the nature of what he does, but still, come on man...

Plenty, dude. And no I didn't act like I'd been shanked.

Look, like I said, I'm not trying to get down on him. But I've seen what I've seen and it makes me think he's brittle. If I'm a pro scout, then I'm writing that down in my notes: seems like this dude is hurt with something almost every game. I don't care if he's the kicker or a linebacker or the coach; if he's hurt with something all the time, then he's hurt with something all the time.

Smith and Pryor didn't have ailments that I can recall. That's kind of my point.

Regardless of stats, he's kind of failing the eye test for me. I get that he'll get banged up because of the nature of what he does, but still, come on man...

They aren't just stats. That's a good 100 more hits that Braxton takes per season than those 2 QB's (and I believe that Pryor was hurt a few times, and Smith was more about avoiding contact when he ran. To be fair, the staff has made the decisions to keep him out, and to send him to the hospital. This isn't Beanie who missed 3 games because his toe hurt.

I have actually and have nerve issues now that cause pain/numbness (unrelated to injury). I'm not at all discounting what happened that day. That was a rough borderline legal tackle that looked painful as hell full speed. Nerve stuff like that isn't something to mess around with either.

My point was more that since that tackle he seems to b4e overly mentally sensitive to getting injured. Not sure that makes sense. I feel like it's in his head like the next tackle is going to be his last or that he's so completely worried about injury. Maybe I'm wrong.

Push comes to shove if there is a 100% healthy Miller and a 100% healthy Guiton... I will take Miller all day long as my starter. I just worry about the mental toughness.

I hope he comes out and shuts everyone up the rest of the year and dominates. I truly do.

Pavo

Plenty, dude. And no I didn't act like I'd been shanked.

Then you haven't had a massive one, because you can't move. Players get taken to the hospital for them all the time.

BTW, how often do players with stingers go to the hospital for overnight observation?

Honest question.

quite often now with hyper awareness of neck injuries. Stingers used to be a "walk it off" thing. Now training staffs are told to send the player to the hospital.

They aren't just stats. That's a good 100 more hits that Braxton takes per season than those 2 QB's (and I believe that Pryor was hurt a few times, and Smith was more about avoiding contact when he ran. To be fair, the staff has made the decisions to keep him out, and to send him to the hospital. This isn't Beanie who missed 3 games because his toe hurt.

I get what you're saying about stats. You don't get what I'm saying about him seeming brittle. I guess you think that the more work he does the more he is inclined to get banged up. Okay, I see where you're coming from. I just don't buy into it 100 percent.