Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New/updated info from nevada's guy on expansion...

The ACC is crumbling. The exit fee was never going to stand and even an attempt at a GoR is another speedbump for schools, not an obstacle. It won't be signed anyway.

- B1G will make the first move. Slive knows he and Delaney are going after different targets but that Slive's move will come in drips, where as Delaney will come in waves. Rest assured, both are communicating DIRECTLY with each other.

-ACC has a plan to add UC and UCONN as soon as they start to lose schools. They're hoping to limit the damage, but know it will be futile.

-Literally every school in the ACC has feelers out to other conferences. There isn't a single one that is committed to making the ACC work. Even Louisville, Syracuse, and Pitt.

-Every school in the ACC has reached out to the B1G except Miami and Wake Forest.

-B1G has reciprocated interest to BC, UVA, UNC, Duke, ND, GT, and FSU.

-B1G knows that it can't just take 1-2 schools. No one school wants to be blamed for the downfall of the ACC, he will have to take 4. Even if the first two come separately before the latter two, he wants the deals in place. This is mostly for the PR side.

-SEC has deals reached with NCST and Virginia Tech. The respective Boards of Trustees are aware and the state governments are aware. They are fine with separating schools in the state as long as both end up in suitable homes. SEC and B1G obviously fit the bill.

- UVA, UNC, and GT make the most sense. Keeps things contiguous. Add three large growing states with TV eyeballs. Along with great schools. Though GT is not a flagship university, apparently there is a lot of value in potential collaboration with Purdue and keeping the two best engineering schools in the country under one roof.

-FSU wants to be the fourth. Obviously BC has little to no chance and FSU sees itself as an option. It would be contiguous with Georgia, adds TONS of tv eyeballs, and their president has been aggressive.

- Dr. Barron at FSU nearly engineered a deal to the Big12 last year but sees that as unstable as the ACC. He's an FSU guy but spent 20 years at Penn State and was there when they joined the B1G and saw the benefits the academic side had after that move.

- FSU has an aggressive plan to join the AAU which would make things interesting. Delaney remains skeptical of it and even more skeptical that it would last. The AAU is all politics and very fickle (i.e. what they did to UNL).

-FSU's chair of the BoT is a top donor to Governor Scott and with his re-election coming up in 2014 is pressuring him to take something up in this legislative session that gives FSU 'enhanced' status. Whether it be co-flagship or some other designation.

-FSU does not remain the favorite to join. Dr. Barron is selling to him that FSU is an academic sleeping giant. The athletics would be an asset, the TV eyes and talent level in florida is an asset, and is arguing that the step up to the B1G would unleash their full potential.

- I'd say the next move is UVA or UNC (educated guess). But could potentially include UVA UNC GT and one other....

- ND will join. They know this now. They just want to exact as much in the way of special favors they can. If Delaney waits til 20 to add them, he may have to give them something. So his hope is to kill the ACC swiftly and add ND equally as swiftly, before they have the time to get leverage.

-Catholic 7 have reached out to ND for their olympic sports. ND WILL do that if they realize they can stay independent. It is imperative for the landscape to show the NCAA will not survive at a high football level and that if ND wants to remain relevant they have to be part of these conferences who leave.

Recruiting summary as of this morning from Bill Greene...

1- Corey Smith is at the plate right now. They want him for sure, BUT they want an answer. NOW. He will not be able to go home and think about it. He will leave Columbus tomorrow with his fate sealed at Ohio State. He's IN or OUT. I think it will be IN, and it could be soon.

2- Shelton Gibson comes in today. Smith's decision "could/should" impact him. Smith is ranked way higher in OSU's eyes. Could they take both? Tough to say. I lean toward NO, but I could be wrong.

3- Corn Elder still has a shot regardless of the other two, although he would probably squeeze out the last O-lineman. His versatility has him in the game. WR-RB-CB-KR. Don't rule him out just yet.

4- Ryan Timmons is out. As it should be.

5- Vonn Bell is just a guy you hold his offer until you get his decision. He's the one guy they wait on of this weekend's visitors. I see no chance of a commitment, but who knows? He's been to Bama a lot, so you never know.

6- The extra O-lineman visits being put off until later aren't accidents. They have to see where they are after this weekend before deciding to take or pass another O-lineman. The 82 figures in here too.

7- The 82 number is causing the issues here. At 85, things would be 100X easier for OSU. Those 3 spots are what is making things go down the way they are. Tough calls are being made because of the number deal.

These Cliff notes brings everyone up to speed through last night. I think we get answers today. Especially Corey Smith.

I thought FSU would be good in the B1G athletically, but their academics are a joke. Regardless, here's hoping they make it work.

Since i wasn't in on the last thread, are we assuming that the NCAA will be falling apart soon? If so, thank God. Tired of their wishy washy stance on rule breaking. You got paid 200 grand to go to that school? no worries, your DAD got the money, it's all good. You traded some memorabilia for tattoos? Bowl ban, scholarship reduction, yada yada...makes no goddamned sense.

2014 CB out of Detroit Damon Webb commits

lol... that shit is insane. Some of you may remember me posting about people mocking that Chung guy from the O-Zone for posting that Webb was an OSU lean. People were mocking Chung because Michigan fans were certain he was a lock (Cass Tech is a little like Glenville for Michigan) and Chung had just posted some silly stuff about James Quick.

CHUNG IS NEW BEST INSIDER EVER

Welp, the Chung has spoken...

Michael Chung‏ @ MChungOZone

Absolutely did not see him committing this weekend. His dad just told me he is solid OSU and will not flip to UM.

Michael Chung‏ @ MChungOZone

Damon Webb's dad told me his son is solid OSU and will not flip. Being a Cass Tech guy and tons of friends at UM, it is a concern.

Even the recruiting "experts/analysts" are extremely surprised by this. Wiltfong at 247 just said it's the most shocking commitment he's ever seen...lol. Bill Greene said he was glad to report that he didn't hurt himself too badly when he heard about it and only had a mild heart attack.

lol... that shit is insane. Some of you may remember me posting about people mocking that Chung guy from the O-Zone for posting that Webb was an OSU lean. People were mocking Chung because Michigan fans were certain he was a lock (Cass Tech is a little like Glenville for Michigan) and Chung had just posted some silly stuff about James Quick.

CHUNG IS NEW BEST INSIDER EVER

I've said before that I trust anything the O-zone reports. They are not sensationalists or gossipers

I've said before that I trust anything the O-zone reports. They are not sensationalists or gossipers

I've never had anything against the O-Zone. Always go there first for pics and press conference stuff I want to see. Their boards are impossible for me to figure out and I've never known them to have much recruiting info. I think you or someone else explained in the last thread that Chung was their attempt to start to get into recruiting stuff more? Doing a good job I guess...lol. Also...

Mark Pantoni ‏@markpantoni

2-0 today against our Rivals #BuckeyeNation #JUICE

http://i.imgur.com/i58EC.gif

I've never had anything against the O-Zone. Always go there first for pics and press conference stuff I want to see. Their boards are impossible for me to figure out and I've never known them to have much recruiting info. I think you or someone else explained in the last thread that Chung was their attempt to start to get into recruiting stuff more? Doing a good job I guess...lol. Also...

Mark Pantoni ‏@markpantoni

2-0 today against our Rivals #BuckeyeNation #JUICE

http://i.imgur.com/i58EC.gif

Ya he was hired in Sept.

And I have never figured out their forums either. I've heard I'm the past that there is good info on there.

Word going around that Vonn Bell has given Alabama a soft verbal...

OSU looked like they were going to end 2013 with a bang in the reruiting world, but in my opinion the 2013 class isn't finishing very strong outside of Mitchell and Johnson who many felt were instructed to wait and announce at the all star games to help build more media attention for Ohio State. It looks like OSU is now on plan D guys at this point, tossing out offers to several players who are verbally committed elsewhere at the last second in hopes of landing someone, looks like desperation to me honestly.

I say end the 2013 recruiting, its pretty a pretty good class thus far. Save the schollies for 2014, which has tons of national talent listing OSU in their top 3

Word going around that Vonn Bell has given Alabama a soft verbal...

OSU looked like they were going to end 2013 with a bang in the reruiting world, but in my opinion the 2013 class isn't finishing very strong outside of Mitchell and Johnson who many felt were instructed to wait and announce at the all star games to help build more media attention for Ohio State. It looks like OSU is now on plan D guys at this point, tossing out offers to several players who are verbally committed elsewhere at the last second in hopes of landing someone, looks like desperation to me honestly.

I say end the 2013 recruiting, its pretty a pretty good class thus far. Save the schollies for 2014, which has tons of national talent listing OSU in their top 3

#2 class in composite rankings....

THEY ARE DESPERATE!!!!

lol

You must lack reading comprehension as well, so as I did for Phil, let me re-post some key points for you so maybe this time you will comprehend them, you ready?

"OSU looked like they were going to end 2013 with a bang in the reruiting world, but in my opinion the 2013 class isn't finishing very strong outside of Mitchell and Johnson who many felt were instructed to wait and announce at the all star games to help build more media attention for Ohio State. It looks like OSU is now on plan D guys at this point, tossing out offers to several players who are verbally committed elsewhere at the last second in hopes of landing someone, looks like desperation to me honestly.

I say end the 2013 recruiting, its a pretty good class thus far."

You don't believe they are on plan D type guys? They struck out on Quick who they felt was theirs, Gibson didn't qualify apparently, so now they are throwing out offers to just about every WR left out there. Smith was not heard of by anyone on the OSU boards until after Quick decided to choose Louisville, many felt guys like Timmons and Elder would get an offer but something is up there as well as Timmons never got his and Elder has been quiet. So yes in my opinion they are throwing out offers to pan D guys in an act of desperation to sign another playmaker.

BTW what site has OSU as the #2 class? Every site I have seen has USC, Michigan and Alabama ahead of OSU. I knew there was a reason I didn't post in this thread for a few days, I think I am going to go back to that.

You must lack reading comprehension as well, so as I did for Phil, let me re-post some key points for you so maybe this time you will comprehend them, you ready?

"OSU looked like they were going to end 2013 with a bang in the reruiting world, but in my opinion the 2013 class isn't finishing very strong outside of Mitchell and Johnson who many felt were instructed to wait and announce at the all star games to help build more media attention for Ohio State. It looks like OSU is now on plan D guys at this point, tossing out offers to several players who are verbally committed elsewhere at the last second in hopes of landing someone, looks like desperation to me honestly.

I say end the 2013 recruiting, its a pretty good class thus far."

You don't believe they are on plan D type guys? They struck out on Quick who they felt was theirs, Gibson didn't qualify apparently, so now they are throwing out offers to just about every WR left out there. Smith was not heard of by anyone on the OSU boards until after Quick decided to choose Louisville, many felt guys like Timmons and Elder would get an offer but something is up there as well as Timmons never got his and Elder has been quiet. So yes in my opinion they are throwing out offers to pan D guys in an act of desperation to sign another playmaker.

BTW what site has OSU as the #2 class? Every site I have seen has USC, Michigan and Alabama ahead of OSU. I knew there was a reason I didn't post in this thread for a few days, I think I am going to go back to that.

247 composite has them at 2. It cuts down the value of total recruits and places more value on quality.

And I don't think they are desperate, as the guys who would have gotten offers with 85 schollies are now getting them.