Garage Lift

XChris1632X

I recently re-enlisted with the armed forces and decided that I would reward myself with some of the money from my bonus. I am going to invest in a lift. I think I have decided between two.

Challenger E 10 - Top pick so far

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/2-post-car-lift-challenger-e10-ali-etl-certified-p/challengere10.htm

Bend Pak

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/2-post-car-lift-xpr-10a-asymmetric-dual-width-p/bendpakxpr-10a.htm

My biggest deciding factor yet is to install it myself of to have someone do it. The local guy wants $550 to install it. While I dont think it is robery due to the job at hand, I am not sure Im excited to pay that either. Due to the fact that lives are at hand, I am not sure that saving money should be my priority. Anyone here install a 2 post themselves? I have heard that it can be difficult and crucial to get them square and the cables adjusted properly.

i have a bendpak 4 post---bought it from the same site you're looking at---lol. make sure your cement is thick enough to support the 2 post, and just have someone else do it. it cost me $800-ish to have my 4 post installed, and i'd rather have professionals install something i'm going to be standing under.

What's the main purpose of this lift ? For storing or working on a car ?

Weekend working.

I am almost 100% on the challenger. The e10 seems like a great choice between the half and half cars and big trucks that I work on. I am still up in the air about having someone install it. I have a front end loader with forks on the front that I can use as well as no time limit. I just want it done right. Maybe I will see if I caj find install videos

• 3 weeks later...