WWCRD? 1974 Blazer for sale

zeitgeist57

So I'm cheap and I have the wierdest jabroner for trucks these days. Coming up on the second year since I've had my Corvette (targa-top fun car), and now with a family I am jonesing for a convertible project to roll 3-4 people to C&C and elsewhere. Been looking at a few Fox-body mustangs, but the fullsize Blazer/Bronco option is intriguing, provided the truck's got a stick-shift.

Friend of mine has a 1974 Blazer that he's been working on for the last 7 years. He originally picked it up from Cuyahoga Falls, outside of Cleveland. He's recently moved, and has 2 kids with another on the way.

Engine - has less than 2000 miles on drivetrain

1984 Chevy 350 4bolt main, bored 0.030 over

dipped and fluxed, w/ new plugs (documented)

World SR Heads, 67cc, 1.5/1.94

Balanced Rotating Assembly professionally done w/documentation

Holley 670CFM Str. Avenger 4brl Carb

Holley Str. Dominator Intake Manifold

Comp. Cam w/ Hydraulic Lifters (0.47lift) (280 series)

Proform Roller Rockers (1.5ratio/3/8”)

Proform 5/16 pushrods

Cloyes timing chain and gears

180deg Hi-per thermo

high-vol oil pump

MSD Ignition HE-175

New 6.75" balancer

All new Clevite bearings

4 Row Radiator

Grade 8 bolts throughout

Dress Kit

All components listed and those not mentioned (belts, hoses, starter, etc) are all new

Remaining Drive Train

SM465, 4 speed trans, new seals bearings and inspected

NP205 Transfer Case, new seals and inspected

3:73 gears, 12 bolt

all new seals and Timken bearings throughout drive train

new U-joints

new clutch

Others

new Painless wiring harness

new fuel and brake lines

rebuilt steering box

new hubs

new rear brake assembly

new tie-rods

engine compartment and frame painted

Body

all new panels for front clip, needs aligned (bumper, grille not shown but 100% complete body)

rear panels with little rust - no rust through - and front floor pans need replaced. Replacement panels included

front window frame has dent

new body mounts

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=6905

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=6904

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=6903

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=6902

Truck has always been garaged and he's looking to get cash...he had it before getting married, so you could imagine what his wife thinks now:eek: He's asking $2500, but let's say I can buy it for $1800 for the fact that the remaining bodywork will be sizeable. However, over the last few years he's got more than $6k in receipts for the parts/work he's done, and having come off fixing up Cleetus I wouldn't mind some MIG-n-Bondo prepwork again, since the drivetrain is solid. What would you do, CR?

If you decide to buy it do it right. That being said we talked about how I felt on this last night. If you could get it for the right price and don't mind doing bodywork again then go for it. I mentioned only offering him $1800 before seeing the pics and thinking it would look alright. You dont wan't to know what i'd only offer him now....

Seems like a solid project. I don't know how involved floor pans are as I have never done them, but if you can get it for $1800, seems like it would be a good truck to learn how to do them. I had an '82 full size jimmy with the removable top, it had a 6.2 diesel and the auto. It was a great running truck and I kinda wish I still had it, I loved that it got pretty decent milage for the size of the truck and engine.

Yup. You could do this up nice but for a far better price. I've seen completely restored square bodies gor for $4500-6500 and that's 100% done.

Body panels are easy and cheap, but you know this. You've been down this road 3 times before with the old Chebys. I say get this, sell Cleetus IV, and make this your best project evar.

SM465 for the fucking lose. You will quickly realize just how much you LOVE having synchros, when you no longer have them.

Clay, forget that old heap. Look for a last gen Bronco, like 91-95 I think. New enough to have EFI and all that nice stuff. A manual trans is probably impossible to find but at least it will have less rust. It's way harder to replace body panels on any SUV than a pickup. If I had money burning a hole in my pocket I'd be hard pressed to decide between a late Bronco and a Wrangler.

SM465 for the fucking lose. You will quickly realize just how much you LOVE having synchros, when you no longer have them.

Clay, forget that old heap. Look for a last gen Bronco, like 91-95 I think. New enough to have EFI and all that nice stuff. A manual trans is probably impossible to find but at least it will have less rust. It's way harder to replace body panels on any SUV than a pickup. If I had money burning a hole in my pocket I'd be hard pressed to decide between a late Bronco and a Wrangler.

I think i'm with Mike here. You can pick up a nice late 80's-early 90's bronco for under 3k that has new technology. I would go that route.

If I had money burning a hole in my pocket I'd be hard pressed to decide between a late Bronco and a Wrangler.

I own both currently. I love my Jeep, but I think the Bronco is FAR more versatile. I'm actually considering selling the TJ at this point just because I rarely ever drive it anymore. The Bronco just does everything so well.

Welp, I called him back...against my better judgement I left him a $1500-$1600 offer on his VM. He called me back immediately when I was on the other line but I couldn't pick up.

I called him back a few minutes later:

Me: "Hey! Did you listen to my VM?"

Him: "Uh, yeah...but I want to listen to it again later."

Me: "OK...just a lot to consider on your truck, you know?"

Him: "Yeah, I guess. Well.....anyway..."

Me: "OK, so...uh...just give me a call..."

Him (interrupting) "Right...if I want to take your offer..."

Me: "Uhhh....right"

http://www.alexterry.co.uk/365/tshirt142.jpg

Welp, I called him back...against my better judgement I left him a $1500-$1600 offer on his VM. He called me back immediately when I was on the other line but I couldn't pick up.

I called him back a few minutes later:

Me: "Hey! Did you listen to my VM?"

Him: "Uh, yeah...but I want to listen to it again later."

Me: "OK...just a lot to consider on your truck, you know?"

Him: "Yeah, I guess. Well.....anyway..."

Me: "OK, so...uh...just give me a call..."

Him (interrupting) "Right...if I want to take your offer..."

Me: "Uhhh....right"

http://www.alexterry.co.uk/365/tshirt142.jpg

tell him to go kick rocks and enjoy trying to get rid of that thing like that :lol: