Never take your car to Jeff Wyler Chevy

justinwebb

Backstory:

GF got hit and took her car to Jeff Wyler ,formerly Bob Mcdorman, to get a front bumper cover and headlights replaced after a guy in the snow lost control and spun out. One would think this is an easy task and for anyone over the age of 5 and the most rudimentary knowledge of cars would be able to accomplish

After getting her car back the bumper is painted fine so bravo to the body shop, but the headlights are a whole different story. For starters they are aimed straight down at the ground 1 foot in front of the car. This defeats the purpose of headlights. I had asked to make sure they said they aimed them properly before she left as it was daytime and they acknowledged they did indeed aim them. Drove it at night and is miserable couldn't see anything. Pulled it into the garage to just adjust them myself and they douchenozzle broke the adjust screw on the left and didnt touch the right . There is also a screw inside the reflector housing just moving around and can be seen plain as day. The best part is they left the turn signal bulb inside the fender and didnt even plug it into the housing.

Just had to rant about cut rate techs that shouldnt even be allowed to wash dishes at mcdonalds and just need to be taken out of the world.

TL;DR

1. headlights aimed straight down

2. Adjuster screw broken off

3. Screw inside of headlight not even sure what its off of.

4. Turn signal bouncing around inside fender.

I plan on doing everything I can to ruin them and the tech once I get their name. I will have lots of fun in the process

I figured there are others that have had just as bad service, talked to the manager today of the service dept, they are staying late to work on the car. I could have taken it in earlier but wanted to inconvenience them as much as possible.

I told them I also noticed glue on the back of the clips and he stated that they had to take them out to check something and it could have broken and when they put it all back together they QA guy didnt check it again thus forgetting to make sure a simple turn signal is replaced. So I am glad to see that not one but two people fail at life. How do they get tech jobs?

I also told them I will not be leaving the car and I will be there watching there every move to make sure they dont dick with anything else. He stated that I cant be in the service area and then I said well looks like your so called techs are working in the rain. Maybe it will teach them a lesson and someone with down syndrome could do better. He didnt like that comment to much but stated I can watch. I have the names of the techs that did the mess and will be doing my best to have them unemployed by the end of the week among other things ;)

All dealerships are shady as f*ck.

Lesson learned, don't take your car to any dealership.

I never do, its the GF's car and she set up all the stuff with the other persons insurance before I could get her to take it to somewhere else. Her family has been going there for a while so that is why she chose there I guess.

All dealerships are shady as f*ck.

Lesson learned, don't take your car to any dealership.

Really? I don't think it matters where you go people are going to be fucking idiots. A lot of it has to do with who you know, you have to realize that almost everyone is paid off commision in this industry aftermarket or the dealership. With the lack of trained technicians a lot of places have idiots off the street.

There is a tech down there named Brent, and I use the term tech loosly, I worked with him at Gill, I had to replace 2 engines because of this dumbass and he went down there and got a pay raise. No I wouldn't take shit down there.

I would take my car to dealerships with one person whom I trust working on it, would never just go to a random one with my car. I give people enough rope to hang themselves and when they mess up I can just laugh.

In all reality though if someone messes up a simple headlight install, what else major are they doing wrong. Hell the only thing easier is a air filter change. So clearly they need another job and I am here to help them.

Really? I don't think it matters where you go people are going to be fucking idiots. A lot of it has to do with who you know, you have to realize that almost everyone is paid off commision in this industry aftermarket or the dealership. With the lack of trained technicians a lot of places have idiots off the street.

There is a tech down there named Brent, and I use the term tech loosly, I worked with him at Gill, I had to replace 2 engines because of this dumbass and he went down there and got a pay raise. No I wouldn't take shit down there.

Okay, so you agree with my statement.