WTF Napa! (Brake Lamp/Reverse Lamps/Turn Signals)

Fubar231

So i go to Napa to get new brake light bulbs, reverse lights, and turn signals. The guy at napa brings it up on the computer and its 2057, 3157, and 3155. So i grab 2x 2057 (For the brake lights), one 3155 for the reverse lights, and a 3157 for my turn signals.

Get home, replace my turn signal bulb and everything goes well, go to the rear of the car and WTF!

None of the bulbs they sold me fit! Not a SINGLE one was right.

How come in there systems the bulbs are listed wrong? Now i gotta make another trip up there tomorrow after work or on my lunch hour to fix what these dumbass's should of had right in the first place.

/Rant

Or you could have researched it yourself before going.

Blame yourself.

Really? I would think of all fucking things a LIGHT BULB would be something they can get right. Apparently not, everyone at parts stores if utterly fucking worthless.

I should have known, i mean fuck, the buster works at one and knowing they hire people like that.... Just at a loss for words.

Wtf happened to the auto industry...

Stop smoking weed.

I dont even smoke anymore so shut up fatty, and what one time you saw me like 4-5 years ago and you still cant fucking drop it? God get a life. Go back to hiding in your cave. No one gives two shits what you have to say, especially in my threads.

Here's a thought, Did you grab the right bulbs? Did you put them in the correct place? Because those are the correct bulbs.

Yes i grabbed the right bulbs, and yes there in the right place. The 2057 has a big rounded end on it, and when i pulled my brake light out it is flat. And the 3155 is the same way, Its rounded when it needs to be flat. I dont know if somehow the wrong bulbs got in the package, or someone switched them out or what, but there definitely wrong.

Why don't you pull the bulbs out and take them in the store with you? Try that next time, bulbs are one of those things that isn't simply looked up and always right on a lot of cars.

Serious suggestion.

Thats what im gonna do tomorrow, since the brake lights come off with just 2 wingnuts, im just gonna pop them out in the parking lot and pull the bulbs out there and go in.

This. Burn out.

Burn out? Hatin on someone with a 3.5+ GPA in college while working a full time job? Get a life. Your obviously inferior to me.

Just because I'm curious...what shop did you go to for the bulbs? Always love to know how/where the competition has issues. Though I'll be honest that's odd that NONE of the bulbs fit. Typically the database of light bulbs is pretty well established across all parts stores but it's possible you ran into one of the exceptions.

I'll get on a soapbox for a minute.

Always bring your old bulbs in, and parts for that matter, you have to get them out anyways. A lot of Saab's (just for an example) have two different bulbs listed and it's a fucking PITA when they don't have the old one. One is a 7443 and the other is some bastard bulb for the tail lights. Ford has a lot of mid-year changes along with GM, which makes shit complex as well, along with multiple amperage alternators due to power options, etc. Toyota and Honda are fairly good about this whole keep it uniform thing, but it's always good practice to bring in the old part if at all possible to the store. May make things a bit of a hassle, but saves even more of a hassle overall.

most places have those part number books out on the shelves for a reason.

just a thought

But, but, but the books are wrong!!! I seriously was going to post the same thing. I understand the frustration, but it seems that we can't trust all of the counter guys anymore. Places I go seem to have it down, but that seems to be rare these days.

But, but, but the books are wrong!!! I seriously was going to post the same thing. I understand the frustration, but it seems that we can't trust all of the counter guys anymore. Places I go seem to have it down, but that seems to be rare these days.

Exactly why i go strait for the books for everything i can. All the places around me are a joke. Hell the last time i delt with an employee, i was trying to figure out what was wrong with my dads ford small block and without even saying a word, i get questioned as to why im buying what i was, then the retard starts comparing shit to his sbc...