Manheim auction questions

wnaplay1647545503

Anyone have experience with manheim ohio auctions? I am curious if there are way to many people who attend the public auctions and if there are deals to be had or if people run prices up higher than they should be. The fee to get in will keep alot of people out but I figure there is still a decent crowd for these auctions. Anyone? I would like to find some sales results if anyone has access to them. Thanks

I have a friend who uses them all the time and I have a username and password you can use to browse. Understand, that a lot of their business comes from people sourcing cars from a thousand miles away too. I bought a car on manheim that way through him. Saved about 7-8k on a 40k car

I have a friend who uses them all the time and I have a username and password you can use to browse. Understand, that a lot of their business comes from people sourcing cars from a thousand miles away too. I bought a car on manheim that way through him. Saved about 7-8k on a 40k car

This...Bob's guy is my friend of nearly 15 years. You can browse the site for cars then tell him what you want him to bid on and how high you're willing to go on it. Discuss up front what his fee will be for purchasing the car for you (it's very reasonable), etc. He only asks that you're either pre-approved or have the cash up front so that he doesn't get stuck with a car he would have otherwise not bid on. If the car is at a local sale he can even get you access to the lot to go see, feel and drive the car (only on the premesis but still drive) so that you know exactly what you are getting.

Either Bob or I can put you in touch if you'd like.

Andy

I enjoy the auction myself and would prefer to get into the auction. I know the selection isnt as good as the dealer only auctions but it is what it is. I am primarily wondering if its worth it. I want to see if a $20k retail vehicle will go for $10k at auction or $19k.

I enjoy the auction myself and would prefer to get into the auction. I know the selection isnt as good as the dealer only auctions but it is what it is. I am primarily wondering if its worth it. I want to see if a $20k retail vehicle will go for $10k at auction or $19k.

I was wondering same. I wanna look more into buying an auction truck

If you enjoy going to the auction, I think it is worth it for the experience alone.

As far as what kind of deals can be had at the public auctions... it is so hit or miss it is unbelievable.

I have seen 20k retail vehicles sell for 22k. I have also seen 20k vehicles sell for 15k. Attendance obviously plays a large part in this. If you can go at times when most people don't have the money to go you usually benefit.

ie. Feb. means tax returns for a lot of people, and some of the sales can get nutty on the cheaper inventory.

Beginning of Jan on the other hand there are deals to be had because a lot of people are recovering from christmas.

Are dealers allowed in the public auction? I seen there was a disclaimer stating some public sales vehicles might not be available to the public, any idea what that means?

They can go, but seldom do. Some of those sales offer vehicles online to dealers via "presale". So if a dealer picks it up before the sale date, it is no longer available to the public.

Also, certain sales will be full of all kinds of stuff where vehicles only represent a small portion of what is for sale. Depending on the seller, they may or may not sell the cars to dealers only.

I don't know about their public auctions, but all of Manheim's dealer auto auctions are live and also have "Simulcast" (online) bidding at the same time.

I stopped wasting time going to the physical auctions about a year ago because simulcast has gotten so much better.

I can watch 6 auctions at once and be far more efficient. Ofcoarse I'm going after a large volume of vehicles rather than just "that one".

About one out of every hundred I get burnt on something that wasn't disclosed on the condition report. I easily arbitrate it though, and either get the problem reconciled or they get the vehicle back.

After looking online at post sale results I am glad I know before going and paying the $150, not to expect any real hellacious deals. I will probably still go since the fee is good til the end of the year. The few vehicles I was interested in for the public auction all have dealer only comments on them(just my luck). I dont think I will find what I am looking for this time at auction but when I am looking for cheap transportation I bet the older cars offered with higher mileage sell very fairly. Its interesting to see how mileage really changes the price dealers are paying for vehicles.

After looking online at post sale results I am glad I know before going and paying the $150, not to expect any real hellacious deals. I will probably still go since the fee is good til the end of the year. The few vehicles I was interested in for the public auction all have dealer only comments on them(just my luck). I dont think I will find what I am looking for this time at auction but when I am looking for cheap transportation I bet the older cars offered with higher mileage sell very fairly. Its interesting to see how mileage really changes the price dealers are paying for vehicles.
Yep! Every 10K drops them.