Need help with history on this car, 2.8, KB, built motor mystichrome cobra.

03RedfireSVT

Looking to see if anyone here knows anything about this car, 2004 mustang cobra coupe, mystichrome in color, local car, has 2.8 kenne bell and a built motor, the toy barn is selling it. Just wanna see if anyone has more info on this car then them, would really like to find the previous owner before I buy this

They have their info Mixed up, told me everything was done by pickups plus, which wasn't true according to Brady, Justin seemed to know everything about the car they just pointed me in the wrong direction and I'd rather hear it from the actual owner vs what toy barn is supposedly relaying to me. I asked for the build sheet and telephone number which I've gotten neither of even though I was told I could get both, not ragging on toy barn or anything I just wanna know everything I can about this car before I sign the title lol

If this is the car that I am thinking of the owner was from Grove City. Randy Barch had done the tuning on it. Joel Howard put a motor in the car.

That is all the info I have on it.

Awesome, thanks. I'm pretty sure it is the car from grove city, hopefully toy barn gets me some accurate info by tomorrow. Supposed to sign papers saturday

Something that modded with no records from a dealer... I'd say walk and go private party

Well it's a local trade in, car has stayed in Columbus it's whole life and I guarantee someone on here is going to know quite a bit about it. I'll wait and dig a little deeper before passing it up, went and checked it out today the car is spotless and everything appears done right on it, hopefully more info comes soon.

please change that shifter handle out asap, if you end up buying it. i do not recognize the car

I still have all the parts of my current 04 cobra that will be going into this cobra, I can't stand those handles either,

On another note, I've gotten two names so far on previous owners

Jason Cartwright (not sure on last name spelling)

And

Pw smith

Also found this last night

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=4943

04 mystic car in this thread, no kb at the time but I'm starting to think this might be the same car, just prior to the kb and built motor possibly, if I can talk toy barn into paying for some dyno pulls and possibly a compression test I'll probably keep my money and not but a mystery car

Why the switch? Your vert is SICK!

I just don't like verts, I jumped on the one I have just because it was well taken care of and the only one for sale at the time in Ohio that I could find, and I got a good deal on trading my gto in when I did lol. Otherwise I would have waited until I found the perfect coupe

If this is the car that I am thinking of the owner was from Grove City. Randy Barch had done the tuning on it. Joel Howard put a motor in the car.

That is all the info I have on it.

When I first saw this thread the first thing that came to mind was the one Randy tuned. If you want, I will ask Randy if he knows/remebers anything about it. If it is the one he did I think it was owned by Troy or Jeg Jr.

When I first saw this thread the first thing that came to mind was the one Randy tuned. If you want, I will ask Randy if he knows/remebers anything about it. If it is the one he did I think it was owned by Troy or Jeg Jr.

If you don't mind that would be great, I called yesterday and left a voice mail but randy has yet to return my call. I really need to hustle and get the full run down on this car before Saturday lol

Seems to be no one knows anything about this car, pickups plus said randy used to use their dyno and I just got off the phone with slow motion where I see the car was supposedly tuned at and they couldn't tell me anything besides get ahold of randy, toy barn won't dyno the car but I think I convinced them to do a compression test at their expense so I'll feel a little bit more comfortable, so if that works out and I get the build sheet on it the car will be heading to DTM to get baselines and possibly retuned if need be

Seems to be no one knows anything about this car, pickups plus said randy used to use their dyno and I just got off the phone with slow motion where I see the car was supposedly tuned at and they couldn't tell me anything besides get ahold of randy, toy barn won't dyno the car but I think I convinced them to do a compression test at their expense so I'll feel a little bit more comfortable, so if that works out and I get the build sheet on it the car will be heading to DTM to get baselines and possibly retuned if need be

not surprised they won't dyno it for you. take a close look at all the work, and get the compression test done. how many miles on it?? head cooling mod?? i imagine it has an upgraded clutch, it would be interesing to see if the input shaft was upgraded as well. any mods to the IRS?? if the compression checks out, and the car seems otherwise well-taken care of, i would pull the trigger

not surprised they won't dyno it for you. take a close look at all the work, and get the compression test done. how many miles on it?? head cooling mod?? i imagine it has an upgraded clutch, it would be interesing to see if the input shaft was upgraded as well. any mods to the IRS?? if the compression checks out, and the car seems otherwise well-taken care of, i would pull the trigger

They are obtaining me the full mod list on it. It did have the cooling mod if I remember correctly, the IRS has a Kenny brown brace it appeared, and I was also curious about the input shaft as well. And the clutch was aftermarket for sure. Car is spotless 24k miles appears extremely well taken care of.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/06/yga6yte4.jpg

I seen somewhere on one of the forums I've searched about it having the full Kenny brown track pack but I searched the serial number on this and it didn't return any results for me

I talked to Randy and he said the Car he did for Troy was an 07 or 09 Salleen.

Did you get any info on a 04 mysitchrome he did? Believe the owner at the time was Jason, I figured one of the two previous owners are on CR. oh well I'll update this as I get more info, and if anyone find out anything else please post it up on here.