Gillbot's car tire kicking thread

gillbot

That looks like a base 996 carrera C2.... which you do not want to own... it would probably get waxed by a stock BRZ... even in a drag race...

Yeah, I didn't realize the year/miles when it crossed my search. Anything decent year and miles costs more than i'm willing to spend.

I've also decided a Cayman or Corvette is impractical and basically a waste. The Camaro left because nobody but me would go anywhere in it, thus it just sat. A 2 seater will be just as impractical and thus, will also likely just sit.

I need a 4 seater and 2+2 is ok since my kids are small. I just can't seem to find anything fun for ~$35k or less. I could afford more, but I don't want to. CTS-V's (09+) seem to fetch 50k+ and i'm not willing to drop that kind of coin.

I need to take a step back, decide what I really want (if anything) and go from there. I think it's time for me to go actually look and drive a few sedans or other 2+2 cars out there and see what fits, then decide how new/used i'm willing to go for it to fit my budget.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones what would be a GOOD price on a B8 CPO S4? Sat in a new A4 at mag but the damn thing was $45k. Seems high to me, but I'm most likely stupid.

A CPO 2010 will fetch 36k for a steal to low 40s. Goes up from there.

You seem to be shocked on countless occasions when you shop for new, premium cars.

The C class, 3 series, A4, CTS can all crest 50k when loaded.

The S4 can peak at over 60k.

A CPO 2010 will fetch 36k for a steal to low 40s. Goes up from there.

You seem to be shocked on countless occasions when you shop for new, premium cars.

The C class, 3 series, A4, CTS can all crest 50k when loaded.

The S4 can peak at over 60k.

Yup, my white one was 56sh IIRC. Prestige with everything but the stupid drive select system.

Aaron as usual is spot on. If you can get a well optioned one for lower 40's I'd do it.

Looking for the wife's next vehicle. Could likely be it, but may also just do a CPO A4. We have time. Gonna make her spend some time in the Audi area at the Auto Show in March.

I'm trying to kill her urge to need a soccer mom SUV or crossover for those 2 times a year it may be needed. But could get by without a big vehicle.

Looking for the wife's next vehicle. Could likely be it, but may also just do a CPO A4. We have time. Gonna make her spend some time in the Audi area at the Auto Show in March.

I'm trying to kill her urge to need a soccer mom SUV or crossover for those 2 times a year it may be needed. But could get by without a big vehicle.

CPO A4 is a great value.

Still driving my B7 every day and it's never let me down.

Since you will probably do an Auto, the B8 A4 Avant or B8 Allroad might just be the perfect vehicle for you guys.

I looked at the back seat of a A6 Avant (wagon I don't know if they call an A6 an Avant, just guessing) and it looked to have the same legroom as the A4, but was in the 50s so I think we will rule the A6 out. The A8 had a much bigger back seat but yeah thats not in our budget. She's always wanted a BMW 3 series, but I think the marketing towards younger people has worked on her and she seems interested in Audi and willing to check them out. I asked if she would look at the new MKZ (which I think is a total chic luxury car for some reason, and I think it looks great inside and out, I sat in one in Detroit) she said no in about .00005789 milliseconds, which by the speed of the answer tells me volumes.

Look me up and we can find you something good for you. I just swapped over to MAG Audi today and we have A4 and A4 Avants CPOs in stock. ;) Once more people get there refunds these cars will start to go quick. Let me know if I can help.

The fuck?!?!? $35K buys you a lot of car! Pick up a 08-'10 335xi e90. 4 doors, AWD, available with auto, paddleshift, or 6 speed manual. 300 BHP stock twin turbo inline 6, 30 mpg free way, 400+ whp with a tune, intake, and e85. Comfy seats, comfortable rear seat room for adults, can be had with bluetooth, heated seats, nav, etc.

FYI, I paid significantly less than $35k for my 335i.

The fuck?!?!? $35K buys you a lot of car! Pick up a 08-'10 335xi e90. 4 doors, AWD, available with auto, paddleshift, or 6 speed manual. 300 BHP stock twin turbo inline 6, 30 mpg free way, 400+ whp with a tune, intake, and e85. Comfy seats, comfortable rear seat room for adults, can be had with bluetooth, heated seats, nav, etc.

FYI, I paid significantly less than $35k for my 335i.

Yes, but it's slow. :gabe:

Yes, but it's slow. :gabe:

Damn, why did you ruin it for me already. I didn't even have a chance to google it yet!!!

Thread is now 100% better.

Maybe you can learn about some other cars you didn't know existed? :gabe:

NO AUDI

I'm not opposed to a BMW, but for the money they seem underwhelming. That and the fact I prefer the older boxier look over the new rounded look.

So I was at Byers Subaru on Billingsley yesterday and they have a BRZ Limited, price was $32k with a $4k charge as an availability charge OVER MSRP. I laughed and walked out.

You should've have a chat with their GM about opportunity cost and how that BRZ is going to end up costing him gross profit in accrued interest so he might as well just let it go at sticker or less.

Drive one, you'll like it. The N54 takes to mods VERY well. They'll do >400 whp with less than $500 in mods.

Yes it will make those numbers

If you're ever in Columbus, let me know. I have a 2010 1'er. It's a pretty fun little car.

Nice! I didn't know that's what you got to replace the Mazda, unless you just added to the fleet :)

We just sold our 135i Race car with a Dinan Tune. Here's the specs on it. VERY fun car to drive, both on and off the track.

HP: 385

Torque: 420

Weight: 2,950#

MidOhio Lap Time 1.34 (Club Course)

Drive Train:

Dinan software upgrade to 385 HP and 420 lbs/ft torque

KMS Limited Slip Differential

OE Electronics Maintained

Corsa Catback Exhaust

Chassis:

Solid Subframe Mounts

All spherical ball joint suspension

TC Kline Double Adjustable Coil Over Suspension

BMW M3 Suspension Arms

APEX 18x8.5 Front, 18x9.5 Rear Wheels

Hoosier 245/35x18 front, 255/35x18 Rear R6 Tires

TC Kline Pro Studs and Nuts

Body:

BMW Performance Body Kit

BMW Performance Carbon Lip Spoiler

BMW Performance Carbon Rear Defuser

BMW Perdormance Carbon Front Lip Spoilers

Roof Replaced with OE Non-Sunroof Panel

Interior:

McMahan World Challenge Spec Roll Cage

Recaro SPG Pro Racer Hans XL Seat

Schroth 6 Point Driver Harness

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bmwohio/135%20racecar/2008BMW135iRacecar002_zps7482ce1a.jpg

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bmwohio/135%20racecar/2008BMW135iRacecar012_zpsb6a4651a.jpg

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bmwohio/135%20racecar/2008BMW135iRacecar020_zpsae86364a.jpg

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bmwohio/135%20racecar/2008BMW135iRacecar004_zpsd90d5eb8.jpg

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bmwohio/135%20racecar/2008BMW135iRacecar014_zps095682d8.jpg