Gillbot's car tire kicking thread

gillbot

I'm leaning less and less towards fast and more towards just fun. I need to get behind the wheel of these and just see how I like them. I did the 1/4 thing in the Camaro, I'm done with that. Launching and running them like that just breaks and costs too much. If I can get something (700hp/250tq) to have fun in and it can't run the 1/4 in under 12, so what.

(Waiting for my brother to pop in here and tell me to get a honda.....)

Did you actually go to see the CTS-V's you made offers on, or just emailed offers?

If you show up at the dealership and show genuine interest, your offers are more likely to fall on receptive ears. An internet lead offer could just be a competitor seeing how low X dealer is willing to go on their used car, so Y dealer knows what they need to do when they get cross-shopped.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you actually go to see the CTS-V's you made offers on, or just emailed offers?

If you show up at the dealership and show genuine interest, your offers are more likely to fall on receptive ears. An internet lead offer could just be a competitor seeing how low X dealer is willing to go on their used car, so Y dealer knows what they need to do when they get cross-shopped.

Some of both. Most of the cars are a decent distance so before I take a plane trip I would converse via email and phone. If they balk, I'm not getting on a plane to see it and fill out papers. Most of them were understanding when I informed them of my location and intent to purchase, but with spring coming, most are holding firm knowing buyers are on their way with the warmer weather.

The thing is, I'm cheap and patient so I can wait for the cold weather to hit again before I buy. Though, if that one deal comes along I can't pass up, I'll jump on it.

I'm leaning less and less towards fast and more towards just fun. I need to get behind the wheel of these and just see how I like them. I did the 1/4 thing in the Camaro, I'm done with that. Launching and running them like that just breaks and costs too much. If I can get something (700hp/250tq) to have fun in and it can't run the 1/4 in under 12, so what.

(Waiting for my brother to pop in here and tell me to get a honda.....)

Have you driven a current ctsv? 500lb ft torque just off idle is a blast. I can launch my car as hard as I want---it's stock, and has the full warranty. If you're worried about breaking shit and high maintenance costs that Beemer is probably pretty cheap to fix :dumb:

I'd buy Andy's e55 before I bought the v10 m5

Have you driven a current ctsv? 500lb ft torque just off idle is a blast. I can launch my car as hard as I want---it's stock, and has the full warranty. If you're worried about breaking shit and high maintenance costs that Beemer is probably pretty cheap to fix :dumb:

I'd buy Andy's e55 before I bought the v10 m5

I got to sit in one, dealer decided I wasn't worthy of a test drive...... :mad:

I've ridden in one but it's not the same as pushing the smile pedal yourself. The problem mainly lies in the fact that i'm cheap.... Probably cheaper than Anthony. :p Plus I usually buy impulsively, so I just need to run across the one that I just have to buy before I pull the trigger. The other problem is, I've been stuck in F-Bucket land for so long, I really don't know what's out there and the prices i'm seeing have me convulsing with sticker shock.

Honestly, I should have bitten the bullet and snagged the CTS-V from NJ I was eyeballing. It was about 4k over my target of $35k and a long haul to go look at it, so I was being stubborn hoping something closer would come my way. Unfortunately that doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.

The other thing i've been debating is getting a V1 if I can pick one up stupid cheap, then just put the rest of my budget into it to make it stupid. Large cubes and a blower on an older car would be fun as well.

The other thing i've been debating is getting a V1 if I can pick one up stupid cheap, then just put the rest of my budget into it to make it stupid. Large cubes and a blower on an older car would be fun as well.

Compared to the V2, the V1 isn't even on the same planet. I think you'll hate it IMO.

My E55 is 515hp / 560 tq, 60k miles, nicer interior than the V, under $24k.

....just sayin.

I don't know history, info, etc. about your car but he should be looking at it. Worse case, he can flip it in 6-months if he doesn't like it...

My E55 is 515hp / 560 tq, 60k miles, nicer interior than the V, under $24k.

....just sayin.

Not a fan of the looks on the E55 though. I really want white, may consider black but it depends on the car.

Compared to the V2, the V1 isn't even on the same planet. I think you'll hate it IMO.

Yeah, I get the same feeling as well. Plus I'm thinking of shooting for at least 2010 year unless something really catches my eye and wallet in price.

• 2 weeks later...
Ouch, long way down to a wrangler.

As long as you are happy.

I really want a V but christ I'm too cheap to pay 40+ on a car that will end up spending 99% of it's life in a garage. I don't want another modded to hell toy either and nothing out there is really catching my eye. I'm going to keep looking though, we'll see what ends up in the driveway.

I really want a xxxxx but christ I'm too cheap to pay 40+ on a car that will end up spending 99% of it's life in a garage. I don't want another modded to hell toy either and nothing out there is really catching my eye. I'm going to keep looking though, we'll see what ends up in the driveway.

Exactly my problem but change that to Viper, GT-R, 996/997TT, etc..etc...

I have no TIME, it will just sit in the garage... :fuuuu:

I'm trying to contribute..... :p

I REALLY like the Cayman but it's more pointless than my Camaro was.

I disagree...

The Camaro sucks at everything except going straight for a few seconds.

The Cayman excels at everything but that....

Food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...