Any lawyers? Problems with neighbors...

RC K9

I had my garage door open all afternoon as I was putting up shelves and cleaning up the garage. I started the talon to move it back 3 feet as it was up too far, the car was running less than 2min, I turned it off, got out, and she is standing outside in her front yard taking pics/video of me. This woman is off her rocker.

I would almost make it a point to do LEGAL stuff in my garage now, just to get her going. Crazy people... smh

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my garage door open all afternoon as I was putting up shelves and cleaning up the garage. I started the talon to move it back 3 feet as it was up too far, the car was running less than 2min, I turned it off, got out, and she is standing outside in her front yard taking pics/video of me. This woman is off her rocker.

If she is taking a video/pictures of you inside your garage, I would look into privacy laws in your area. She could be violating them

Personally Im a firm believer in electro shock therapy for older bitter women.

I would have laid the smack down.

And yes, i've literally ran crazy,pretentious, old bitches off my driveway a number of times, worked wonders (I call it the "put the fear of god in em" technique). Although I wouldn't advise such action when you're being threatened with a lawsuit.

If she is taking a video/pictures of you inside your garage, I would look into privacy laws in your area. She could be violating them

Her actions/behavior are borderline invasion of privacy according to the definitions I looked up today.

She just keeps digging herself into a deeper hole.

Her actions/behavior are borderline invasion of privacy according to the definitions I looked up today.

I've got no idea about laws in Texas, but even states that have "one way consent" for video and photo recording often will have a provision for being in a location where one has no reasonable expectation of privacy. Working in your home on your property while not performing work duties for a public entity usually will keep you safe in privacy laws.

I would, again, document that she has started taking photos of you on your property and consider initiating a stalking/harassment suit, and get a restraining order.

I am fairly confident she (they) have moved forward with suing us as my wife has called me two days this week letting me know about strange people coming to the door. First time was a man in a white unmarked van. He came up, knock ed on the door, waited a little bit, when no one answered, he left. Then yesterday, 2 guys in a blue SUV parked in front of our driveway, essentially blocking it, one guy got out, knocked on the door, waited a few a little bit, and left when no one answered. Neither of the guys each time went to any other houses.

I am going to guess they are trying to "serve" us.

I told the wife to not answer the door for anyone unless she knows who it is and is expecting them. If they do corner her and ask her name, she is to not answer. I am waiting for them to try and hit me up. I'm not telling anyone my name.

Or maybe I am going about this wrong...

Do they have to have me confirm my identity in order to officially serve me?

Why would you not just let them serve you and get this over with?

Because the process servers need to get paid. The lawyers pay the process servers. The lady pays the lawyers. The more process servers that need to come try to serve him, the more the lady needs to pay the lawyers, and the more OP continues his trend of winning.

EDIT: Some worthwhile reading regarding subpoena laws in Texas, OP

I was reading some stuff online about how if after a few attempts they can't reach you in person, they can post it in the local newspaper as a reasonable form of notice, and if I don't see it and respond to the court in time I automatically lose my case. That's not what I gather from the link posted above me. But I also have a hard time understanding legal jargon. If my interpretation seems to be incorrect, please let me know.

If I am correct and they do have to have it delivered to me or someone at my residence over the age of 16, or have it mailed to me via certified mail, then I shall continue winning for the time being.

If you do have to go to court and you can state your case well enough, providing the judge rules in your favor, you COULD request a restraining order at the trial which she could then be served with in front of the judge. It's awesome.

Because the process servers need to get paid. The lawyers pay the process servers. The lady pays the lawyers. The more process servers that need to come try to serve him, the more the lady needs to pay the lawyers, and the more OP continues his trend of winning.

EDIT: Some worthwhile reading regarding subpoena laws in Texas, OP

Noted. I guess if I had nothing to worry about, I'd just try to get beyond it as soon as possible.

I hope you are documenting the hell out of everythign she does (exact dates, times, everything you see her doing that is a reflection of her invasion of your privacy. I would also- next time she steps foot on your property pull out yoru smartphone turn on the recorder and clearly state ANYTHING she says to you is being recorded, and state the date and time on the recording.

See how quickly she retreats then. ;)

I am fairly confident she (they) have moved forward with suing us as my wife has called me two days this week letting me know about strange people coming to the door. First time was a man in a white unmarked van. He came up, knock ed on the door, waited a little bit, when no one answered, he left. Then yesterday, 2 guys in a blue SUV parked in front of our driveway, essentially blocking it, one guy got out, knocked on the door, waited a few a little bit, and left when no one answered. Neither of the guys each time went to any other houses.

I am going to guess they are trying to "serve" us.

I told the wife to not answer the door for anyone unless she knows who it is and is expecting them. If they do corner her and ask her name, she is to not answer. I am waiting for them to try and hit me up. I'm not telling anyone my name.

Or maybe I am going about this wrong...

Do they have to have me confirm my identity in order to officially serve me?

You need to setup some webcam/security cams and a DVR setup ASAP.

I was reading some stuff online about how if after a few attempts they can't reach you in person, they can post it in the local newspaper as a reasonable form of notice, and if I don't see it and respond to the court in time I automatically lose my case. That's not what I gather from the link posted above me. But I also have a hard time understanding legal jargon. If my interpretation seems to be incorrect, please let me know.

If I am correct and they do have to have it delivered to me or someone at my residence over the age of 16, or have it mailed to me via certified mail, then I shall continue winning for the time being.

I would wonder if in this day and age you could even fight the "newspaper" announcment considering how few people actually recieve them nowdays.

I had a guy that lived across the street a few years ago that had done similar stuff. He called the city on us for parking a car in a privacy fenced back yard. Came out screeming and yelling that we where all pos's. He even went as far as calling the DEA and told them I was a drug dealer carrying large bags in and out all hours of the day. End result was me being under DEA watch for about a month. Then we moved.

Anyway I hope all goes to your favor.

I had a guy that lived across the street a few years ago that had done similar stuff. He called the city on us for parking a car in a privacy fenced back yard. Came out screeming and yelling that we where all pos's. He even went as far as calling the DEA and told them I was a drug dealer carrying large bags in and out all hours of the day. End result was me being under DEA watch for about a month. Then we moved.

Anyway I hope all goes to your favor.

My immediate reaction was to post an infuriated comment along the lines of "doesn't the DEA have anything better to do with their funding?"

That was before I realized no, no they don't. That's basically all they do.:dumb:

My immediate reaction was to post an infuriated comment along the lines of "doesn't the DEA have anything better to do with their funding?"

That was before I realized no, no they don't. That's basically all they do.:dumb:

Haha. Yeah I'm sure they got a lot of Intel on me running rc cars in the street and going to work at 1pm getting off at 11pm and a short trip home to take a poop in between them times:fuckyeah:

Haha. Yeah I'm sure they got a lot of Intel on me running rc cars in the street and going to work at 1pm getting off at 11pm and a short trip home to take a poop in between them times:fuckyeah:

I would have sorted bags of flour near a widow every night.

Because troll.

I did pack my lunch in a duffel bag for a while after that.

I should have did a rc car up black ops style and blew the shit out of there front door.

I still to this day go by there and do burnouts in front of there house.

Last evening at 7:50p my mom, 2 younger sisters, my wife, my 14mo old son, and my neighbor are out talking at the end of my driveway. Suddenly a double flash comes from what appears to be this crazy lady's back yard. My neighbor Randy says, "Man, she just took a pic of all of us." I said, "Are you sure? I just saw a flash, but I don't know what else that could have been." He says, "Dude, I saw her hands coming back down from being up over the fence."

This lady is absolutely nuts.