Watermark Tips and Help

wagner

So I have never watermarked anything before, but have been told going forward I should (and need to) with all my work.

I am a total hamfisted idiot with photoshop so any tips or good tricks on how to do this? I have an image I can use, or will create another one. Any links to good guides on how to do this?

What size should I put my images at before I start? Most of these are good size pixle wise so I am guessing I need to resize before i watermark?

In.

• Digital Watermark images. Apply it on all images posted online. Also, don't post anything big. Keep it small and low resolution via photoshop. Makes enlargements and prints difficult. I'd also limit what and how much of any shoot you post. I keep 99.9% of my commercial / paid work behind a password protected site and accessible by link only. Not so much for theft reasons but privacy reasons.
  • Register any images used for commercial work.
  • Photoshop and elements have actions that can be used to make watermarking easy.
  • Prepare to be chastised by Ben :)

I have no problem with watermarks on paid work. It's the turd you gave birth to last night that you post on CR that doesn't need a watermark.

I'm in sales, I'm good and I can sell pics of turds.

Work product or not, I would be Waggs would be pissed if someone stole his pics as would just about any photog. Pics on CR are just as vulnerable.

I like the way John Fore III watermarks his image. If you were to crop out the watermark you'd be missing a decent part of the picture. And I don't find his watermark as annoying as I do others.

860717_4525886066330_466890254_o.jpg

859099_4534029949922_569446531_o.jpg

You don't have to crop the photo smaller to get rid of that, you can edit that out. Illegal, but you could.

Who actually takes this seriously if your not a pro photog? Really though? Serious question.

People who know the law, how to present the case and are not lax about holding people accountable. You'd be surprised what a Cease and Desist letter will do when sent to the proper parties. Especially when it outlines the next steps that will be followed through with and it includes legal action that is supported by case law thousands of times over.

Several years back I had someone use an image of mine without permission. They ignored the first C&D letter. Until the second one included their hosting company and employer since they used company time and equipment while surfing at work to do it. Not only was it effective, there were zero issues having legal fees covered as well.

Who actually takes this seriously if your not a pro photog? Really though? Serious question.

I do beacuse the goverment steals enough from me, I don't need anybody else doing it. If you knew how much some places paid for images that alone makes it worth watermarking.

John Fore III will be making some good money off the photos he took of that wheelstand. I know Dom over at DRD Photo got $2,000 for a single photo he took last year.

So I really haev to watermark these pictures before I put them up. I found someone using one of my pictures as a facebook profile pic!

Not that I am mad, I made the mistake of not watermarking the picture.

Are there any programs out there that can do a batch process for this? I am just having a hard time finding a simple way to watermark these.

What process do some of the pros in here use?