Lettuce Talk Focus ST

El Karacho1647545492

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in on that.

Edit: Aaron, does that mean your R will be seeing track time/AutoX? Bet you could destroy me since I'm on these stock tires. Runflats LOL.

Why do you want to beat up on us lowly <300hp drivers? Seems kinda mean spirited...

Yeah, I am getting into it this year, finally! Hopefully do a few autox's before the Mid Ohio track day on June 10th.

Not likely, I too am stuck with the factory A/S tires for this season. All Golf R's come with A/S tires :dumb:

I'd be interested in our race, for sure.

Based off trap speeds, I think you'd pull slightly.

I doubt it, coming from my 05 to this one, it's slow, I bet you win by a couple car lengths. I'm not the best pilot by any means. I'm finding it hard not to send my old AccessPort off to Cobb for a new one, and a down pipe. Would cost me about $1k. I just don't know who I would like to tune it if I did, Tim Bailey doesn't travel anymore now that he officially works for Cobb.

Why do you want to beat up on us lowly <300hp drivers? Seems kinda mean spirited...

Yeah, I am getting into it this year, finally! Hopefully do a few autox's before the Mid Ohio track day on June 10th.

Not likely, I too am stuck with the factory A/S tires for this season. All Golf R's come with A/S tires :dumb:

We should just start our own site, http://www.columbusnotLSXracing.com

Really, does the R have a big weight advantage bc I thought they were down on power compared to an STI

My R weighs 3300lbs, and is under rated, runs about 270hp.

I doubt it, coming from my 05 to this one, it's slow, I bet you win by a couple car lengths. I'm not the best pilot by any means. I'm finding it hard not to send my old AccessPort off to Cobb for a new one, and a down pipe. Would cost me about $1k. I just don't know who I would like to tune it if I did, Tim Bailey doesn't travel anymore now that he officially works for Cobb.

Would be fun to do some friendly pulls either way.

I'd never considered buying new until I drove the ST. I'm wary of used performance cars, though, always just thought of it as buying someone else's problems. All those cars are nice, and the LGT was tops on my list until I saw the crackhead prices people want for them.

However, none of those cars gets 32 hwy mpg IIRC.

what do you mean crackhead prices? I picked out my wifes outback XT with 60K on it for 14k

(Outback XT = Legacy Gt Wagon with lift)

I miss my 05 12.9 car. :(

She was paid off and could have had a built motor by now running E85 with a 20G.

I do like the interior of the current car better though. Love the sunroof on nice days.

If your only going to stage 2 there is no reason for a protune if thats your concern. The basemaps that Cobb use are built my Tim, I've worked with him in the past on a couple of the earlier CANBUS Maps. I had found a couple bugs.

what do you mean crackhead prices? I picked out my wifes outback XT with 60K on it for 14k

(Outback XT = Legacy Gt Wagon with lift)

What year? If I was going to get something used, it'd have to be way fewer miles. I also refused to get an automatic, and non-abused 5-speed LGTs and other turbo Subarus are hard to find.

What year? If I was going to get something used, it'd have to be way fewer miles. I also refused to get an automatic, and non-abused 5-speed LGTs and other turbo Subarus are hard to find.

Legacy actually don't get beat on as bad as wrx's because typically older people drive them. I agree I'd not want to get a auto they blow. If you do find a subaru your interested in lmk and I'll gladly pull a Learning View and the map out of the car and tell you if its been modified