Lettuce Talk Focus ST

El Karacho1647545492

I ordered one a week ago. Drove it a couple times and was enamored with the whole package, so I got an ST2 mid-level with the partial leather Recaro seats and MyFord Touch. I originally hated that system when I was selling Lincolns, but I think they've made a lot of progress in terms of simplifying the system (on the Focus at least). I'm not expecting it to never have a glitch, but the several hours I spent with it were seamless and enjoyable.

Anyone here have one or know anyone with one? I'm considering a few basic changes at the start mostly appearance related (clear bra, mud flaps to keep the paint free of chips, wheels powdercoated) but wanted to see if anyone else here had some experience. Cobb accessport probably won't happen til after warranty's gone.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, no Fiat 500? :gabe:

I'd say grippy tires for the FWD horror would be a good start.

Maybe a real LSD when available?

Most things I've read indicate pretty good handling right off the bat. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics come stock, and while I never totally trust magazines, they all seem to think it pulls north of .9g on the skidpad.

And no, couldn't do FIAT. I was hoping that the Punto Abarth Evo would be here by now :fuuuu: but alas.

rustles, I've never liked AWD cars. we had an '08 R32 for a while and I absolutely hated it.

This is CR, so be prepared for an onslaught of pain and suffering.

That being said, why no GTI?

I know, god forbid someone buy something they want/like/or fits their needs without contacting the great automotive minds of CR.

If I did that I would be driving an Audi with a LS1, BMW interior, AWD from a scubie, and that was slammed to the ground on some god awful looking rims that are super rare in Japan.

I know, god forbid someone buy something they want/like/or fits their needs without contacting the great automotive minds of CR.

If I did that I would be driving an Audi with a LS1, BMW interior, AWD from a scubie, and that was slammed to the ground on some god awful looking rims that are super rare in Japan.

Audi Interior> BMW. It would def. have to have an Audi interior.

:fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu:

And you forget stretched tires.

This is CR, so be prepared for an onslaught of pain and suffering.

That being said, why no GTI?

Oh I am well prepared. If no one's hating on your decision, you're not doing it right :gabe:

GTI is a great car, but a few things about it bother me. The plaid seats are revolting, and the interior is a sea of gray. And I don't think I'd be able to get the options/configuration I want without a sunroof, a huge annoyance to me.

Additionally, I got D-plan through Ford so being far below invoice helped the decision.

EDIT: Also, I'm sick of BMW. I hate to agree with Jones, but holy hell I hate BMW interiors. The cars that are being thrown around (BMW, Golf R, etc) are all $35k+ cars. The Focus I'm getting is below $25k after plan pricing.

I actually really like the styling of the car, it's definitely more towards the younger crowd but all together the package is pretty well done. I'll also agree with everyone else on the FWD situation, could never see myself driving one. What all comes in the ST2 package you are getting aside from the seats and touchy thing?

I actually really like the styling of the car, it's definitely more towards the younger crowd but all together the package is pretty well done. I'll also agree with everyone else on the FWD situation, could never see myself driving one. What all comes in the ST2 package you are getting aside from the seats and touchy thing?

what you said, + dual zone climate, Sony 10 speaker system that I was very impressed with, HD radio, siriusXM

^^ this. right up there with supermodel bullshit on who wouldn't fuck Kate Upton.

Knock FWD all day but in the end it is what it is and if that's the main thing that keeps someone from not liking or enjoying a car then they have other issues. My MS3 GT is fun little wagon and considering 96.7% I'm not stoplight racing like a 17yr old, it's a blast to drive. I'm sure the ST will be too.

For 25k..not bad man.

^^ this.

As much as I like RWD cars, I hated the FR-S/BRZ and there's no other car out there that really fit my needs with RWD.

Subaru WRX / STi

EVO X

Various Audi's are AWD

Nissan 370z

Infiniti G35/37 AWD and RWD

Subaru Legacy GT Turbo AWD

Used BMW 335i

Hyundai Genesis 2.0t or 3.8

I'm anti buying brand new personally I prefer to let someone else take the hit.

For 25k..not bad man.

A lot of the ST's that people are reading about in magazines etc are loaded press cars, pushing $30k. When you jump up to that price range, you're looking at a car with Nav, HIDs (not important to me, I'll retrofit if I decide I want them), heated full leather Recaro seats (again, hate leather), rear armrest LOL, ambient lighting, overhead console, heated exterior mirrors. If those things were important to me I would definitely be looking to spend a hair more to get into a low end luxury performance car.

stoplight racing like a 17yr old,

So stoplight racing is 17 year old stuff.

What is roll racing? :gabe:

I recently drove a stage2 GTI, if maybe for all of 20-30 minutes.

(First FWD car I've driven in years and years). By the end of the drive, I was sure, I'd rather stick a hot poker in my peehole than ever have a FWD car again. Screw stoplights, even in 2nd /3rd gear when it's cold, there is just no traction at all.:dumb: