Lettuce Talk Focus ST

El Karacho1647545492

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are crazy, I picked up a bunch of hp and even more tq from an off the shelf map to a protune on my 05, the tune cost me $300.

on the 05 yup you would have I'm talking about the newer chassis. This is also why Cobb started releasing multiple Wastegate maps.

Why do you want to beat up on us lowly <300hp drivers? Seems kinda mean spirited...

Yeah, I am getting into it this year, finally! Hopefully do a few autox's before the Mid Ohio track day on June 10th.

Not likely, I too am stuck with the factory A/S tires for this season. All Golf R's come with A/S tires :dumb:

As if I have traction, your AWD is doing your car big favors against mine.

So far the focus ST hasn't been yielding times that are indicative of its power.

252/270 and it barely pulls faster times than a 200/207 GTI.

Should be interesting where they end up with full bolt ons.

Bear in mind the ST is DI.

It's not like a port car where your only limitation is how big your injectors are, and how big your in-tank pump is. The mechanical high pressure pump can only give so much fuel at a given RPM. Given that most E85 tunes need a good 30% more fuel, you'd really have to be careful, unless you put on a massive aftermarket HP pump.

It's not like a port car where your only limitation is how big your injectors are, and how big your in-tank pump is. The mechanical high pressure pump can only give so much fuel at a given RPM. Given that most E85 tunes need a good 30% more fuel, you'd really have to be careful, unless you put on a massive aftermarket HP pump.

Oh yeah I forgot it's a DI car.

This for sure as even with the MS3 crowd the number blowing motors because of a lack of fuel is measurable. Bad way to fuck up. I have to add a new pump before I can safely add the down pipe. I'd be surprised if the ST is any different.