Lettuce Talk Focus ST

El Karacho1647545492

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, consider me jealous! I seriously considered it a few months ago when I was car shopping. I just couldn't justify the extra $10k over mine.

Wanna swap outside vents? :) Matches the dash better don't ya say?

http://forums.focaljet.com/mk-iii-interior-modifications/669529-how-outer-dash-vent-swap.html

Was waiting impatiently for the ST, hoping to make this a fun DD as the Shelby continued to evolve into less of one. Ford fucked around and fucked around so I went out and bought the S4.

Ich liebe der Audi (so the polar opposite of GT500 in terms of the 'driving experience') but the ST remains the girl I'll always wonder would have happened if..... :)

This for sure as even with the MS3 crowd the number blowing motors because of a lack of fuel is measurable. Bad way to fuck up. I have to add a new pump before I can safely add the down pipe. I'd be surprised if the ST is any different.

It all depends on the application. The Mazda pumps are small (like the Audi/VW) and you have to upgrade for something stupid like a DP. On the flip side, a stock GM Ecotec with a turbo swap and reflash can push 450 HP. Not sure what the Ford is capable of.

Not challenging, but what new cars do you specifically mean?

Specifically the WRX (of course), Genesis Turbo, and heck even the GTI. I read the comparison between the ST and the GTI in Motortrend the other day and even with the wide power difference, the ST only had a .1 second fast 1/4 mile time.

Most the stock dynos for the thing are putting about 230whp and its pretty heavy for a small car (3200lbs).

When the RS was announced, I was really excited. I even managed to see one down at OSU and it was truly a neat car. Add in the 300hp+ and awd, even the stupid crazy colors.

Not trying to bash the ST at all, it's not terrible for the price it is. When you look at the ST2 (which seems what most people buy) interior and options, it actually beats most competitions out the park. Though I do think the ST3 is overpriced as shit for what it is. I just found the power to be disappointing. It would have been nice to see Ford really set the bar with the ST.

Oh and the 'fake exhaust' thing is stupid.

The Focus RS is not AWD.

Ah my bad. Honestly not sure why I thought it was awd now that I think of it. Little research shows Ford has been working on trying to do it, but even the 2015 model, America probably wont see, will be fwd too.