ummm....??? electrical issue?

The_buster

Ok since getting the new car on valentines day, I haven't driven the Maxima for fear of completely tearing out the clutch. I am going back to work on Sunday and thought I had better go drive the maxima to make sure its going to start. I went out to start it and it cranked about 10 times, does this normally on the first start, then all the dash lights and headlights flicked off and on and I heard a buzz with it and now it wont even turn over. When you turn the key the headlights come on even though the switch is off? is it completely junk now?

possible ignition switch or relay issue. I've needed a good reason to get alldata setup on my new Desktop, if all goes well I should be able to get a wiring diagram posted tonight. Do you know how to use a multimeter?

Jump it. I would replace the battery though, since once they die from sitting, they don't like to hold a charge anymore.

Yea you might try and jump it, but the whole headlights staying on / buzzing sound has me thinking it's not the battery.

possible ignition switch or relay issue. I've needed a good reason to get alldata setup on my new Desktop, if all goes well I should be able to get a wiring diagram posted tonight. Do you know how to use a multimeter?

yeah I can use one.... kinda. just have to tell me what to set it on i have a hard time differing which setting to use

Has all the symptoms of a dead battery, but the headlights staying on isn't one of them (although cars can do crazy things when they're low on voltage). Jump it and see what it does buster. Also inspect your +/- cables/terminals for corrosion.

battery shouldn't have died in two weeks though, should it?

Batteries can be bad off the shelf.

Also, as Brian noted, they don't like to sit for prolonged periods of time. I've had new batteries go bad in two months because the car they were installed in was never driven.

In that car, anything is possible.

Anything Nissan from the 90's (Infinity's included) is absolute junk/nightmare to diagnose. Hate those cars with a passion, although I do love me some Z32 300zx's

I was trying to trade it for a 93 infiniti q45 the other day he was kind of interested and his was an auto 4door. Good thing that didnt happen, that would have been embarrassing.

Yea dude, get a Toyota/Lexus from the early-mid 90's. Preferably one with the 2jz/A340e combo. They run for fucking ever. If you want a car for your family get a 1st gen GS300, those cars are sex, very hard to find though. I think there's one in Cinci for sale, although it has 300,000 miles, again, they run forever.

off topic, and not bashing, but why don't you join the army or something? Life seems to be taking a hot, runny shit all over you, might as well get paid for it.. then you can come home and go to school for free, and then some. I mean unless you like making threads every week about your $500 cars not running.

a friend of mine was in the junior pilot thing at rickenbacker and brought me along to one of the meetings, where I found out there are mp jobs there. Id like to do that, but the asvab is going to be rough. isnt that the physical test? im a short fat kid. 5'6 and 245is lbs.

a friend of mine was in the junior pilot thing at rickenbacker and brought me along to one of the meetings, where I found out there are mp jobs there. Id like to do that, but the asvab is going to be rough. isnt that the physical test? im a short fat kid. 5'6 and 245is lbs.

ASVAB is the written test. You just need to be under like 25% BF. which is a joke

I was trying to trade it for a 93 infiniti q45 the other day he was kind of interested and his was an auto 4door. Good thing that didnt happen, that would have been embarrassing.

I don't have much to add except that you don't want a q45. That luxobarge gets worse gas mileage than most full size trucks I've driven.