New Porsche GT3

BrendanB

So it's no longer a Manual, no hydraulic steering, etc. IMO I'd much rather have a stick shift option at least, or have that standard (like BMW does with the M5 in the US). To me, the new GT3 is just a hopped up 911, GT3's do definitely need a manual for the driving experience, just my .2c; what's everyone else think? Here's the Jalopnik article it's covered in. http://jalopnik.com/is-the-2014-porsche-911-gt3-a-real-gt3-451009148?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

So it's no longer a Manual, no hydraulic steering, etc. IMO I'd much rather have a stick shift option at least, or have that standard (like BMW does with the M5 in the US). To me, the new GT3 is just a hopped up 911, GT3's do definitely need a manual for the driving experience, just my .2c; what's everyone else think? Here's the Jalopnik article it's covered in. http://jalopnik.com/is-the-2014-porsche-911-gt3-a-real-gt3-451009148?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

The GT3 is a road legal "track car" IMO.

If you are using it for racing, as you should, the DSG is a huge advantage.

Love it or hate it, DSG is better at everything, and is here to stay.

Unfortunately, I agree....

Hence the reason for this shirt....this is all we are now.....Just like the 'roll up' window, this too will go away some day......

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0166/4148/products/FH2_shirt_f7bg_460_large.jpg?2360

Hence the reason for this shirt....this is all we are now.....Just like the 'roll up' window, this too will go away some day......

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0166/4148/products/FH2_shirt_f7bg_460_large.jpg?2360

^Awesome.

LOL where is that for sale?! Want!

^Awesome.

LOL where is that for sale?! Want!

http://blipshift.com/products/historian-2-feet

Awesome site, they have a new shirt out every week that is 'auto/racing' related. Just sign up at the site and you get an email, but they only do one run of the shirts and then it's usually gone forever. This particular one got so much attention that they are doing another run, so order quickly. Looks like all they have left is L.....

http://blipshift.com/products/historian-2-feet

Awesome site, they have a new shirt out every week that is 'auto/racing' related. Just sign up at the site and you get an email, but they only do one run of the shirts and then it's usually gone forever. This particular one got so much attention that they are doing another run, so order quickly. Looks like all they have left is L.....

Buying one right now, that's an awesome shirt!

Here's my take. They keep making them better and better but a GT3 is a drivers car and they keep getting further and further away from that

New car has 20" wheels standard when nobody is making 20" r-compound rubber. PDK tranny only which may be a superior technology but takes some of the art of driving out of the equation. The center lock wheels remain which has proven to be a major failure. They have had so many center lock failures that if you track your car you must replace the uprights and hubs every 4500 miles or be subject to failure. That newer better more gadgety interior is nothing but added weight and distraction.

It is sexy as hell though. 475 Hp out of normally aspirated 3.8 that revs to 9k rpm is to die for

Here's my take. They keep making them better and better but a GT3 is a drivers car and they keep getting further and further away from that

/QUOTE]

Doesn't make you feel any better when someone passes you in one, unless you are doing it for the love of the game. :masturboy:

If you are after lap times and being that guy, you'll have to have it. If you are enjoying doing the work, then there is certainly no reason to get one.

PDK is for no talent ass clowns. :D Maybe I'm just jealous that an old timer like me that spent soo much time mastering the pedals is something many will never need to master. I've been in a PDK car they are slick.

Porsche got sick of covering pressure plate failures under warranty because soo many ass clowns were buying and breaking their equipment due to lack of talent.

PDK is for no talent ass clowns. .

TRUTH!!!

No manual then it's not a real GT3. There's no point to a "Sports car" without a transmission controlled by a foot and hand, PERIOD. There's nothing to gain from beating someone with technology, because you didn't beat them, the technology did.

Yes a lot of us are about to extinct like the dinosaur like that tshirt says, and I'm fine with that, but I will will always know you didn't beat me without the help, and so will you.

That car looks tits though.

TRUTH!!!

No manual then it's not a real GT3. There's no point to a "Sports car" without a transmission controlled by a foot and hand, PERIOD. There's nothing to gain from beating someone with technology, because you didn't beat them, the technology did.

Yes a lot of us are about to extinct like the dinosaur like that tshirt says, and I'm fine with that, but I will will always know you didn't beat me without the help, and so will you.

And I'll still smile and wave as I pass you..technology whirring away.

PDK is for no talent ass clowns. :D Maybe I'm just jealous that an old timer like me that spent soo much time mastering the pedals is something many will never need to master. I've been in a PDK car they are slick.

Porsche got sick of covering pressure plate failures under warranty because soo many ass clowns were buying and breaking their equipment due to lack of talent.

^^^^^^ He gets it.

DSG= Does Suck Guys.

Right up Jones' and Aarons alley.

TRUTH!!!

I don't understand this argument. You would be slower, plain and simple. There is a learning curve to a DSG box, and from the sounds of it, the GT3 PDK is highly technical to extract max performance.

Those that think you just get in to cars equipped with DSG boxes and are instantly the fastest, have never driven one.

Its a skill, just as driving a manual is. Some will be better than others.

And I'll still smile and wave as I pass you..technology whirring away.

This.

I don't understand this argument. You would be slower, plain and simple. There is a learning curve to a DSG box, and from the sounds of it, the GT3 PDK is highly technical to extract max performance.

Those that think you just get in to cars equipped with DSG boxes and are instantly the fastest, have never driven one.

Its a skill, just as driving a manual is. Some will be better than others.

This.

There's a video from evo magazine where they talk about < 100 millisecond shifts. Basically at full throttle you gain 1/2 car length per up shift. So at someplace like mid ohio where that car only uses 3rd and 4th the tranny is worth 1 car length per lap. Not exactly earth shattering.

It's not like I need to worry about it, I won't be able to put one of these in my garage for years. Until then I'll dance on the pedals of the version I do have which has no stability control, regular manual transmission, no traction control, hydraulic steering, no nav, no radio at all actually. I even tried to find an A/C delete car but didn't succeed. It does have fancy yellow seat belts though.