Recommendations for a car?

PRD2BDF

I'm considering getting a smaller car. The Maxima is awesome but it's huge. I'm perfectly fine keeping it but I want to consider all options first.

I have a few criteria that I would like to be met:

1. Fits a 6'5'' person with long legs

2. Fun to drive

3. Good MPG

4. Under 15-16,000 dollars

5. Does not have to be fast but shouldn't make me feel like I could get out and run faster.

6. Smaller than the Maxima

7. Good with insurance rates (three speeding tickets)

I've already looked at the Focus, Fusion, 6, Jetta, Cruze, Malibu, and the GTI. The Fusion and 6 in the trim level I wanted exceeded my limit. The rest are either boring, horrendous drive, or just stupid.

Every tall person I know who is comfortable enough in their man-hood has enjoyed driving a GTI. Tons of leg room.

Isn't Aaron about that tall? He seems to have fit in all of the Golfs that he owned over the years.

Aaron is quite the large guy and he fit in the GTI just fine. I couldn't reach the pedals when I sat in his seat and I'm 5'10". One of those a few years old should fit the bill and be faster then your Maxima.

The new 2012 Passat is a BIG Vehicle.

The new Passat's are huge in the back seat. Front seat, not so much. He will probably still fit, but they aren't as roomy in the front as they used to be.

You're 6'5 and want to buy a car the size of a cruze?

:dumb:

Actually, they are usually the class of car that uses its space most efficiently. Cruze is big on the inside, so is the regal, golf, etc.

Every tall person I know who is comfortable enough in their man-hood has enjoyed driving a GTI. Tons of leg room.

yup

Isn't Aaron about that tall? He seems to have fit in all of the Golfs that he owned over the years.

6'6"

Try out the Regal, they look great and come in multiple engine options.

Not sure why you didn't like the GTI, or that would be my suggestion.

The reason why I didn't like the GTI, the one I drove, felt so jerky at low speeds and once I applied a bit more throttle, I got too much. The Saab was much more moderate, the amount of throttle applied did equal the amount of thrust expected, not so in the GTI.

Otherwise, nifty car.

The reason why I didn't like the GTI, the one I drove, felt so jerky at low speeds and once I applied a bit more throttle, I got too much. The Saab was much more moderate, the amount of throttle applied did equal the amount of thrust expected, not so in the GTI.

Otherwise, nifty car.

Wait, are you complaining about too much throttle response?

Otherwise, nifty car.

Just not used to the power. :)

You'd get used to it very quickly, a lot of cars have a horrible DBW LAG, the GTI does not. It's a benefit you'll enjoy eventually.

The VW CC is even better then the VW Passat for taller people, and they are getting closer in private sales to the budget. Don't think I have one in stock, but I will look.

I like the cc more than the Passat, but the cc has less interior room.

Otherwise, nifty car.

Thats the DSG, not the throttle response. It is a bit jerky in GTI guise, but can be smoothed out by learning its behaviors.

Wait, are you complaining about too much throttle response?

read above

The VW CC is even better then the VW Passat for taller people, and they are getting closer in private sales to the budget. Don't think I have one in stock, but I will look.

Think again. The CC has a very low slung window line, making it very hard for tall people to get in and out of.

You are correct though, that the B6 passat is very large on the inside, which is what the CC is.