Brian works his magic on another Ms3 cammed ls1!

fas1k

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it also had the same cam and made 441 and 415.

Chris get that flowmaster off your car and you will pick up 20 HP

I left my flowstopper on and got a cutout... gained exactly 20 hp. Flowmaster sucks :lol:

Chris, do you have the catback or just the muffler?

I run a flowmaster with an e-cutout. I like the flowmaster because I can cruise through town and don't have to worry about being hassled by the cops. It doesn't make the HP the other catbacks make but it's quieter. If I want to open it up then I just open the cutout. Best of both worlds IMO.

I left my flowstopper on and got a cutout... gained exactly 20 hp. Flowmaster sucks :lol:

Chris, do you have the catback or just the muffler?

Had the complete cat back, I cut that crap off. It's got a bullet with a turn down off the Y for now. Have not had a chance to re-Dyno it. I hope it picks up at least 15! Glad to hear everyone else was losing power on the flowstopper lol

I run a flowmaster with an e-cutout. I like the flowmaster because I can cruise through town and don't have to worry about being hassled by the cops. It doesn't make the HP the other catbacks make but it's quieter. If I want to open it up then I just open the cutout. Best of both worlds IMO.

My first instinct was to put a cut out in. After the long tubes and ORY install the sound of the flowmaster was horrible imo. It was real raspy and had a rattle tone to it.

That's why you leave the stock muffler on the car with a cut out.

That's why you leave the stock muffler on the car with a cut out.

My car came with the flowmaster, so that wasn't an option for me. That sleeper effect your car has linn is bad ass!

I have 4.10s in my car on the spray with a 28 tall drag radial and it drives like a champ on the street. I drive it everywhere but I also have a progressive controller for my spray because I'm afraid of breaking the 10 bolt.

4.10s and a 28 inch tall tire are like 3:73.

Chris, if you are going to run a taller tire, run go with 4.10 or higher, 3.90 is perfect with the stock sized tire.

Had the complete cat back, I cut that crap off. It's got a bullet with a turn down off the Y for now. Have not had a chance to re-Dyno it. I hope it picks up at least 15! Glad to hear everyone else was losing power on the flowstopper lol

Smart move :fuckyeah: Taking off flowmaster anything is good for a gain lol

Are the dyno numbers you guys are throwing around accurate? The 2.5 5.3 heads and cam that is near spot on to the MS3 made 475/435 on a Dynojet. This is with QTPs and a Flowmaster catback, which didn't change my numbers at all when I switched to a 4" Mufflex system.

My camaro had almost the exact same set up his car has. I had an ms3, PRC stage 2.5 5.3 heads, pace setter Lt's and ORY, SLP lid, Ls6 intake, ported maf and tb and a flowmaster and my car made 439/398. Both of our cars were tuned by brian and on his dyno. When i swapped to a bullet off of the ORY and had it back on the dyno there were no gains for me.

Are the dyno numbers you guys are throwing around accurate? The 2.5 5.3 heads and cam that is near spot on to the MS3 made 475/435 on a Dynojet.

Sounds like STD numbers to me on a HOT day with Zero Smoothing.

I would like too see the Uncorrected, STD, and SAE numbers for this pull set to a smoothing of 3.

• Casper unlocked this topic